The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why is the Pacifica so darn ugly! Consoles
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Sutton View Post
It's never ALL about any ONE thing. There are dimensions to everything and being rigid and didactic goes against the artistic side that some people feel is important in our line of work.

Sometimes silly is the antidote to some of the pompous horse**** that gets deposited here.
By the way, I don't need to listen to your clip as I use a Pacifica on a daily basis. Oh, and thanks for the bold lettering on my sig! Glad you noticed.

Seriously sillily yours in the quest for proper etiquite in all things truly important and tolerance for the merely mundane.
This post makes the entire thread worth it. Nice.

A welcome break from the usual self-important, humorless, cynical fare.

The Pacifica is beautiful. Like a 21 year-old's butt in a bikini.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by backplay View Post
Than you haven't seen my girlfriend in black...
... you hope.
Old 8th September 2007
JB3
Gear Addict

Think about it...

If it weren't Red and Cream, it wouldn't sound like it does...

Rich and creamy.

Just a thought...

Old 8th September 2007
Gear Guru

Avalon 737 black face units are ugly as hell as well, and the yellow/gold trim work, knobs etc.

Joe Meek wins in the worse look EVER !!
Old 8th November 2007
Gear Guru

does anyone else think steve albini's gear and studio looks cooler than ****? I am a musician and an artist...gotta appreciate a fine looking piece of equipment for that. pacificas do look stupid
Old 13th November 2007
Gear Addict

I didnt think anything could get much uglier than my Smart C2... the pacifica looks like the official preamp of the detroit redwings.
Old 13th November 2007
Lives for gear

I think the Pacifica is a beautiful piece. Better looking than in picture. I love color. It is more attractive than my Great River and is a patriotic contrast to my Blue Robbie (which also is a standout looker).
I think the looks on it are elegant. If you want to talk ugly, let's talk about Crane Song and the use of hospital basement green. Looks don't matter that much to me, since I have 2 Trakkers and a HEDD.
Old 21st November 2007
Here for the gear

Lightbulb

you know they invented paint for a reason.if it really bugs you that much then try and put some camo tape or something over the front
Old 21st November 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
does anyone else think steve albini's gear and studio looks cooler than ****? I am a musician and an artist...gotta appreciate a fine looking piece of equipment for that. pacificas do look stupid
i'mma go ahead and revert my statement here and say, the looks of the pacifica have grown on me. I like the uniqueness, and the non-audio aesthetics. it looks pretty organic. the hardy M-1 is so ugly they don't even show you a picture of the thing... just a black and white graphic representation
Old 21st November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_McEnroe View Post
I didnt think anything could get much uglier than my Smart C2... the pacifica looks like the official preamp of the detroit redwings.
!! LOL

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search