The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Keith Richards fumes at poor reviews
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Guru

Thumbs down Keith Richards fumes at poor reviews

Keith Richards fumes at poor reviews
Quote:
Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has demanded an apology from Swedish newspapers for their scathing reviews of the group's performance in the country earlier this month.

Tabloids Expressen and Aftonbladet gave thumbs down to the Aug. 3 concert at Ullevi stadium in Goteborg, with Expressen suggesting Richards was "superdrunk" on stage.

"This is a first!" the 63-year-old rock star wrote in a letter published by Stockholm daily Dagens Nyheter. "Never before have I risen to the bait of a bad review.

"But this time ... I have to stand up ... for our fans all over Sweden ... to say that you owe them, and us, an apology."

Um, sorry Keith, owe you an apology? If your concert was anything like I saw of the perfomance at the Superbowl, I have to agree. That thing sucked eggs! stike
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

When I think of K.R. and fumes, this isn't what first comes to mind.

Methinks he doth protest a bit too much though. It almost makes me think that perhaps this was the one singular time in his whole career that he happened to NOT be f'd up on stage, and he's sore that someone called him out for sucking sober.
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
If your concert was anything like I saw of the perfomance at the Superbowl, I have to agree. That thing sucked eggs!
Now you owe Keith an apology.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Addict

I did not see that show so I can't comment.
Old 29th August 2007
Here for the gear

Talking Well, how much performance can you demand from geriatrics?

The Stones are rock history, probably one of the more important factors in development of this music ( - though I guess that might be something american musicians finds hard to swallow).

Not even Frank Sinatra gave flawless performances in his last runs of concerts. Also Sinatra charged stupendous amounts of money to let the audience come experiencing greatness.

I saw the Stones on tour last year, and the experience was pure rock beauty!

The Stones have also always been the masters of being mentioned in the news even when not making music. So, I guess we here are seeing Keith working the media once more..? heh
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

They tore up a show in Austin awhile back. It's supposed to be coming out on DVD I believe.

Clearly Richards has become a big target for talk show hosts, tabloids, who ever.

While the idiot wind purveyors slam him for being an intoxicated fool, I wonder if they could write such songs as "Wild Horses", " Street Fightin' Man", or "Gimmie Shelter."

One of the best rock songwriters ever.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search