The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MOTU tech support SUCKS!!! Audio Interfaces
Old 3rd September 2009
Ahh what a time.

I remember that in order to buy something we had to patronize a local store, or get a catalog, make a phone call and wait 6-8 weeks for processing and delivery. Computer viruses came via corrupted floppy disk, and to see a fine nude woman one had to subscribe to the single Cinemax station, or go to your local barber shop and read a playboy.

People were also more social and had at least some tact in interpersonal communication. No "generation Y" sense of entitlement either.

I miss those days, but I love the net.
Old 3rd September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumleymusic View Post
Ahh what a time.

I remember that in order to buy something we had to patronize a local store, or get a catalog, make a phone call and wait 6-8 weeks for processing and delivery. Computer viruses came via corrupted floppy disk, and to see a fine nude woman one had to subscribe to the single Cinemax station, or go to your local barber shop and read a playboy.

People were also more social and had at least some tact in interpersonal communication. No "generation Y" sense of entitlement either.

I miss those days, but I love the net.
LOL
Old 26th October 2009
Here for the gear

I'm joining the choir. Motu tech support is just the worst support EVER!
Old 28th October 2009
Quote:
I'm joining the choir. Motu tech support is just the worst support EVER!
LOL!

On your first post even.
Old 31st October 2009
Here for the gear

Yes MOTU Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Theres a reason I wont buy DP, I have a two MTPAVUSB's and the MOTU 828MKII. I think their support stinks and the quality on their drivers and hardware sucks as well. I wont be buying any more MOTU stuff anytime soon Phone is ALWAYS busy or no answer
Regarding MOTU's I/O24, it is not compatable with cubase4 and a powermac. There is a monitor delay/double on the return. It was a hostile method of selling a product that will not work for profit. After months of going back and forth MOTU has not remedy. Never again will I buy anything from MOTU.
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemethetruth View Post
Regarding MOTU's I/O24, it is not compatable with cubase4 and a powermac. There is a monitor delay/double on the return. It was a hostile method of selling a product that will not work for profit. After months of going back and forth MOTU has not remedy. Never again will I buy anything from MOTU.
A monitor delay/double on return? Like maybe latency? Did you lower your buffers, or use cuemix and turn audio patchthru off in Cubase?
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patshep View Post
i have been trying to call tech support since 9am, now it's after 5.. that is just ********, first several hours were busy.. then it rings and you get some noise after about 15 rings, so i try to email them, you need a password and an account, so i set one up, then because i haven't registered my equipment online, i can't do anything, i am really over them, this is no way to run a company... no matter what
I've had the same experience with them. I actually talked to a human being there once and what I was told (relating to FW drivers and performance on WinXP) was just plain wrong. I found the solution to my problem on the RME site. "No way to run a company" is right.
Old 24th December 2009
Here for the gear

Exclamation Motu support

Motu support does Bite !.I have a 828 mk 2 among other interfaces but you know something?,That little pain in the ass Gets requested allot ! ,Now it is 5 years old and breaks.I am on my second week of trying to figure out why it won't work from there tech end or if it needs to be sent in for repair,I was on hold for upwards of an hour then disconnected 2 times,They don't have a 800 line for support either so have a good long distance plan!. Not to mention 7 e mails so far and a tech link.From a business standpoint that type of customer support is totally un exceptable as when your gears down the money stops coming in and business is lost,I also have apogee products and have had to contact there support,I was answered promptly and they did what ever they could without question.I am thinking motu is not in the future for me,When you spend thousands per year on gear it's good to know there are companies that will stand behind there gear.

Mark of the unicorn just isn't one of them !.dfegad

Go Apogee they sound better as well
Old 24th December 2009
Gear Maniac

I agree and disagree. As you all know, mach five has been a worthless piece of **** for a while now, at least with protools 8. When I contact motu, they're prompt with getting back to me. Unfortunately, what comes out of their mouths is nothing but bull**** lipservice and no solutions.
Old 27th December 2009
Here for the gear

Uhuh

And that is exactly what i mean about Bad Customer Service >
Old 28th December 2009
Lives for gear

I have been a long time DP user and MOTU tech support has always been really good to me, just my experience.
Old 27th April 2011
Here for the gear

Ive been waiting for a response from motu tech support since September !!! (its April now...). Plus the dealer here in Spain just wont help me if I dont pay for all expenses...
Old 30th April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playartstudios View Post
Ive been waiting for a response from motu tech support since September !!! (its April now...). Plus the dealer here in Spain just wont help me if I dont pay for all expenses...
Have you tried going to their website and doing a "techlink"? It works great for me. Here's the info (from MOTU's website):

MOTU TechLink Introduction

Beginning on May 18, 2007, we moved written requests for tech support from an email-based system to a web-based system. This system can be accessed via the convenient link located in the "My Account" actions bar by any registered MOTU user once logged into this website. Submitting an inquiry will generate what we call a MOTU TechLink; your link to a web-based conversation with a MOTU Tech Support technician.
[h3]Submitting a New MOTU TechLink Inquiry[/h3]
To submit a new MOTU TechLink inquiry simply navigate to your "My MOTU TechLinks" page and click the 'Add New TechLink' button.

Follow the on-screen instructions and fill out all the required fields. You will also be asked to supply a full description of your system. Once this description is entered you may conveniently select it the next time you submit a TechLink inquiry, or you may configure a new system description as needed. Providing as much information as possible when submitting a TechLink will help us to more efficiently respond to your inquiry.
[h3]TechLink Replies[/h3]
A MOTU technician will post a reply to your inquiry – typically within 2 business days of posting, depending on the number of TechLink inquiries received – at which time you will be automatically notified via email. You may continue the conversation by posting an additional reply, or you may bring the conversation to a close by marking the TechLink "resolved."
[h3]Requirements for Submitting a MOTU TechLink[/h3]
Besides the obvious (an internet connection, web browser, and email address), to be able to submit a MOTU TechLink inquiry you will need a MOTU.com username and a registration for the MOTU product for which you'd like to seek support. Joining MOTU.com is a simple process that can be accomplished via our join form. Once joined and logged into MOTU.com, product registration is a simple process accomplished via our online registration form.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search