The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Stuck with some bass-heavy new monitors.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Head

Stuck with some bass-heavy new monitors.

I made a wrong purchase on a set of Monitors costing 666,- (The EVent TR8XL)
My room isnt properly treated so they sound very bass-heavy in my studio. Even in other treated rooms they sound pretty damn big from what I read.
The highs are ok. but the bass is very big, and I mean big.
I never went on vacation because I bought these two actiove monitors (haven't been on vacation for the past 15 years also). So the next thing to do was to tty and sell these 2-month old speakers. But nobody seems to want em..
Now Im stuck with these speakers I dont like listening to, not even monitor on.. My room isn't sufficient. So now I got the aggressive blues (Mad Mad Mad)

Dear Gearslut-shrink, What is the best thing to do for me, a gearslut, who made a bad purchase and cant seem to get rid of it, and never went on vacation for the past 15 years? I already got a very low income. Been waiting to buy speakers for a long time. And now its been a bad choice...
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Get a (cheap) Graphic EQ and an RTA to balance the sound. Then fix your room.
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

You aren't alone. I went and bought some really cheap ($180) Edirol "monitors" before I really knew much of anything about monitoring. They sound ok as computer speakers, but they are a nightmare for monitoring mixes. I feel dumb because the main review online I saw about them said they had a coloured sound, but I ignored it.

I'm thinking about selling my synth and these speakers to get something more reasonable.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search