The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sinead O'connor's first album in 10 years.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Sinead O'connor's first album in 10 years.

Why? Haven't I suffered enough?

Last edited by Led; 22nd August 2007 at 11:44 PM.. Reason: changed 'we' to 'I'
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Uhm....shes done abooot 3 or 4 albums in the last 10 years!!
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Addict

yes, and the last album, Throw Down Your Arms, was a brilliant reggae record she made with sly and robbie featuring all Rasta songs. she brought a great deal of respect and honor to these songs, not just in my opinion, but confirmed by sly and robbie. yes, i had the rarified opportunity to spend a few hours hanging with sly and robbie in new york the night after they played with sinead at webster hall (which was truly one of the greatest shows i've seen in years) and both confirmed that they were hugely impressed by the respect sinead brought to the roots rasta music she chose for the record. in fact, burning spear was playing congas behind sinead all night while she sang a whole mess of his songs. so the dreads obviously respect her, now what was the source of the trash talking that inspired you to start such a thoughtfull and intelligent thread? you still pissed she tore up a picture of the pope?
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Haa. I'm not religious. I just find her voice incredibly off putting. The album is being promoted as her first in 10 years on a music show I saw, I guess they were wrong about that. Maybe they said 'solo' album, I'm not sure. But it is being promoted to the public and I'm one of the public, and I have to hear it on my tv. You're obviously a fan of her, an opinion you're entitled to. I'm also entitled to my opinion, and I put it in the moan zone. Of course you could have just said nothing and let the thread fade away, but then you would have had to pass on the chance to tell us how you hung with Sly and Robbie for a couple of hours again.
Cheers.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Guru

I thought she had said she was retiring from the music.
Old 22nd August 2007
Art
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
Why? Haven't we suffered enough?

Who are "we"? I personally think that Sinead is great. Although she is not "technically" the greatest vocalist, she is unique and has her own style, which is lacking in the industry today. You have a right to your opinion, but when you say "we", people who disagree will tend to respond.

Art
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
Who are "we"? I personally think that Sinead is great. Although she is not "technically" the greatest vocalist, she is unique and has her own style, which is lacking in the industry today. You have a right to your opinion, but when you say "we", people who disagree will tend to respond.

Art
That's a fair enough point Art. I'll change it to I. People who disagree will always respond, and good on them for voicing their opinion.
Cheers.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search