The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Transformers is the worst film I've ever seen in the cinema Consoles
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Transformers is the worst film I've ever seen in the cinema

It is so bad. So, so, so bad. For God's sake don't waste your time and money on this absolute pile of **** film. dfegad

Mind you - what did I expect from Bruckheimer?
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

I friggin' LOVED that movie!!

It must be that I have the maturity level of a 10 year old.

Oh well
Old 21st August 2007
Gear Addict

the girl in the movie was hot heh.
Old 21st August 2007
Here for the gear

Bruckheimer??? Transformers is a Michael Bay film. Haven't seen it, yet...but all of my friends that grew up watching and playing with Transformers (like I did) have loved the film.

gym*
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Dude, Michael Bay is the anti-christ. Any time you see his name...RUN!
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Is it at least as good as the Great White videos he did?
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

freaking great movie!!1

my only criticism was the fukin noise when they transformed. its fro the cartoon and the producers want it loud. so it sounded cartoonish of course.

and optumus prime transforming took too long, everytime.

but tose things are minor. the movie rocked. !!!
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by walth View Post
the girl in the movie was hot heh.
thumbsup

That was the ONLY good thing about the movie... Megan Fox is incredible - I'm a total sucker for dark hair and blue eyes.

She is the reason I only went for a drink after the movie instead of seeking out and murdering the director.
Old 21st August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebula328 View Post
Bruckheimer??? Transformers is a Michael Bay film. Haven't seen it, yet...but all of my friends that grew up watching and playing with Transformers (like I did) have loved the film.

gym*
I think Bruckheimer produced and Bay directed. FVCKERS! DIE DIE DIE

.... OK calming down now.

I'll never forget the moment one of the Autobots said 'my bad' and folded his arms in a kind of 'I'm hip-hop and kool' kind of way. I slapped my forehead and felt so embarrassed I nearly left the cinema. I wish I did.
Old 21st August 2007
-Q-
Gear Head

Lol, I thought it was pretty bad too. I thought the editing/directing was quite bad and I felt it didn't flow too well.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickydicky View Post
I think Bruckheimer produced and Bay directed. FVCKERS! DIE DIE DIE

.... OK calming down now.

I'll never forget the moment one of the Autobots said 'my bad' and folded his arms in a kind of 'I'm hip-hop and kool' kind of way. I slapped my forehead and felt so embarrassed I nearly left the cinema. I wish I did.
Yeah I didn't like that but you have to admit it was badass when the one autobot popped his lid and pissed on those agents. That was sweet. And Megan Fox was a fox for sure! Can't act worth a damn though.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

I think this is a couple of years old by now, but anyway:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLmE4lby_fI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLmE4lby_fI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

The whole film is a giant GM advert and the script is probably one of the worst in the history of film making.

The first 15 minutes were great - everything I wanted to see happened in the first 15 minutes. After that, the film became a gelatenous sludge of crap jokes, crap acting and horrendous attempts to make the Autobots 'cool'. The part where we're supposed to feel sad for the yellow one as he gets captured by the army made me laugh, as did the wretch-inducing music.

Definitely in my top 5 worst ever movies.

dfegad transformers (the movie)
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Considering how far 'Transformers' came from this trailer (originally used to pitch the film), I think Bruckheimer did an excellent job;

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/akNJ6S2UqsE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/akNJ6S2UqsE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is so bad. So, so, so bad. For God's sake don't waste your time and money on this absolute pile of **** film. dfegad

Mind you - what did I expect from Bruckheimer?
I take it you haven't seen either of the spiderman movies in a theater?
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

I bet you were a LIVE FREE, DIE HARD fan. Perhaps WEDDING CRASHERS was more your style.
Old 22nd August 2007
Lives for gear

Ah - It's my own fault - I should have seen it coming. I just honestly didn't expect it to be THAT bad. It seemed like the script and story were written by a bunch of corporate execs in a boardroom using the 'Book of Movie Cliches' as a manual. Real lowest common denominator stuff.

I used to love transformers when I was a nipper.
Old 22nd August 2007
Gear Maniac

The film is mad-crap, way too many humans/crap jokes/evil bay adverts...the Transformers are AWESOME though....Kick Bay out & bring on the sequel already!!
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

I loved the movie. I am all about the Transformers. If someone thinks that is the worst movie ever, you need to go to the movies more. There are true pieces of **** out there.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Device View Post
I loved the movie. I am all about the Transformers. If someone thinks that is the worst movie ever, you need to go to the movies more. There are true pieces of **** out there.
Agreed...
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

I liked it, but did anyone else notice that the "black" transformer was the first one to get killed? These movies are so racist these days, like when Spiderman turned black he was suddenly a really good dancer?
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfreq33 View Post
I liked it, but did anyone else notice that the "black" transformer was the first one to get killed? These movies are so racist these days, like when Spiderman turned black he was suddenly a really good dancer?
Man I feel really sorry for you to draw those types of conclusions. Despite what you've been told, not everything revolves around race; unless YOU make it the case.

Just to refresh your memory here is the scene..... YouTube - Optimus Prime vs Bonecrusher Fight!=

The transformer that gets killed is a sandy color named BoneCrusher. http://static.flickr.com/56/158237928_1d1626a90c.jpg

Then again the director is white. The film must have some racist qualities.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

L'Chaim, bitches.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/03I6GN6vIq4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/03I6GN6vIq4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

"worst movie i've seen in the theater"

including those 3 star wars prequels??????????????????

maybe you didn't see those in the theater?
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenovice View Post
Man I feel really sorry for you to draw those types of conclusions. Despite what you've been told, not everything revolves around race; unless YOU make it the case.

Just to refresh your memory here is the scene..... YouTube - Optimus Prime vs Bonecrusher Fight!=

The transformer that gets killed is a sandy color named BoneCrusher. http://static.flickr.com/56/158237928_1d1626a90c.jpg

Then again the director is white. The film must have some racist qualities.
That was a JOKE. You know, I almost didn't post that, but I thought "no, these are smart people, they'll get it". What, if I don't put a smiley after it nobody can tell I'm kidding?
I was actually talking about Jazz, because he breakdances and uses slang. I forgot about Bonecrusher. Which wasn't hard considering he didn't have any lines.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
That was a JOKE. You know, I almost didn't post that, but I thought "no, these are smart people, they'll get it". What, if I don't put a smiley after it nobody can tell I'm kidding?
I was actually talking about Jazz, because he breakdances and uses slang. I forgot about Bonecrusher. Which wasn't hard considering he didn't have any lines.

No, I'm very quickly realizing most of the people on this site have zero sense of humor. I made a very slight joke or "knock" toward a member and got 5 pages about how I'm immature and just try to hurt people with my negative attitude and "snide and rude" remarks, which weren't anything close to that. There are some very sensitive non-humorous people on this site. Most on here are pretty damn cool though.
Old 23rd August 2007
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
O god, that sounds really bad. Not many movies can bridge the gap between adult/child and keep both viewers interested. By the sound of it, 8-12 year olds are the target audience.

Sucks. I hoped it would be dark and menacing like it appeared in commercials.

I'll wait for it to show up on HBO.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

You guys do know the movie is based on a children's cartoon right?
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
What, if I don't put a smiley after it nobody can tell I'm kidding?
If all of your jokes are that bad, I'd definitely go with the smiley face thing.

***smiley face added so you will know I am joking.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzpunk View Post
You guys do know the movie is based on a children's cartoon right?
Yeah - but the point is this... most kids who were into Transformers in the 80's are now in their 20's and 30's. This film really was made for 8-12 year olds and I was seriously disappointed.

It also seems like they were targeting 16 year olds who were looking to buy a new car... buy a Hummer! Buy a Chevy! Hell, just make sure you buy a GM car!

.... and while you're at it, buy an Apple Mac... and a Nokia.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search