The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Transformers is the worst film I've ever seen in the cinema Consoles
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
"worst movie i've seen in the theater"

including those 3 star wars prequels??????????????????

maybe you didn't see those in the theater?
Thankfully - I didn't!
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickydicky View Post
Buy a Chevy! Hell, just make sure you buy a GM car!

.... and while you're at it, buy an Apple Mac... and a Nokia.
All great advice! thumbsup
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
All great advice! thumbsup
OK - I agree about the Apple Mac.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Regardless of whether or not the movie sucked....the timing for it was PERFECT. When I saw the trailer, I and EVERY one of my friends (all late 20s, early 30s) wanted to see it. And we're the main movie-going demographic, as far as I know. It's a movie that you can go see, anticipating it to suck, and still have to see, if for no other reason than sheer morbid curiosity.

Really, it's no different than the rest of the really bad movies based on themes from childhood two decades ago, that moviegoing adults are now attracted to for nostalgia's sake: Batman, Superman, Spiderman, The last three Star Wars movies (Though I loved "Revenge of the Sith"....shoot me.). Brilliant marketing mediums for the movie companies to sell ad space. How much did $$ Transformers make? Sure, it's not a movie you'd go see twice, but how many cajillions of people HAD to see it at least once?

In an age where a 2 hour movie on TBS takes 3 hours to air because of commercials, how can we not expect the same thing to happen to the movie industry? Sad, but true. From a $$ perspective, it seems safe to spend (Warning: Arbitrary Numbers) $100 million on an eye-candy, flash-in-the-pan experience, if all that and more is made back in box office sales, in-movie product placement, and merchandising agreements.

Bottom line: did the movie suck? I think we have a pretty weighted concensus that it did. Was it profitable? Lord yes. Sooo.......will we see more crap like this?

Count on it.

Amazing arty movies like "City of lost Children" for example, are a pure joy, but don't connect with the moronic base that, unfortunately, is the largest money wasting mass demographic. So they will continue to be catered to.

Rant over.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

I apply a motto to movies of this nature:

"Don't expect Hemingway from a movie about giant robots turning into frickin' cars! Cos if you do then you're an idiot."

Possible alternatives for "giant robots turning into frickin' cars" also include:

"zombies!"
"alcoholic maverick cops foiling worldwide hacker conspiracies!"
"superheroes!"
"monsters from outer space!"
"pirates!"

You get the picture.
Old 23rd August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
I apply a motto to movies of this nature:

"Don't expect Hemingway from a movie about giant robots turning into frickin' cars! Cos if you do then you're an idiot."

Possible alternatives for "giant robots turning into frickin' cars" also include:

"zombies!"
'Shaun Of The Dead' was great!

Quote:
"alcoholic maverick cops foiling worldwide hacker conspiracies!"
"superheroes!"
I thought 'Batman Begins' was great. Went to see it with my old man and we both enjoyed it a lot... I hasten to add that we both hated all the other Batman movies.

Quote:
"monsters from outer space!"
Come on man - 'Alien' is an amazing movie!

Quote:
"pirates!"
Fair enough
Old 23rd August 2007

Quote:
Thankfully - I didn't!
dont worry. You missed a great lark..... seems some of you guys dont get escapist nonsense. Thats the point. It aint art! The movie equivalent of 50 cent - great fun, but dont expect too much from it !!

Transformers? Loved it for what it was, but its not to be approached with the same mind as Apocalypse Now or PI....... Its a lark!!!

as for the star wars prequels not being great "movies" - well the first three are hardly frikkin Dr Zhivago!!!! Great lark abouts, and thats it! Enjoy playing in the sandpit for what it is - escapism!
Old 23rd August 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
Dude, Michael Bay is the anti-christ. Any time you see his name...RUN!
hahaha
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Addict

To be fare, have you watched one of the old-school transformers, heman, gijoe ect episodes lately? I tried watching an old school heman the other day. The plot made no sense, they skipped around a lot, and at times, the dialog seemed like it was from another show.
Old 23rd August 2007
Gear Maniac

Did anyone realize how bad the audio post was in that movie??

There was no sense of space in the robots voice as in interaction with the different environments.

Example: The voices sound the same up close as they did far away or in movement. Also there was no difference in the robots voices when the were outside inside, in mid battle.

Maybe I am just nitpicking.
Old 24th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
"pirates"
Didn't you see Captain Blood?
Attached Thumbnails
Transformers is the worst film I've ever seen in the cinema-rogozinski-340-flynn_smaller.jpg  
Old 24th August 2007
Gear Maniac

Anyone expecting oscar-caliber performances out of an action movie based on a cartoon from the 80's deserves to be disappointed.

It was what it was, and I thought it was great for what it was.

Hell yes, it was cheesy... especially when they tried to work the "more than meets the eye" line into the movie.

Yes, it had more product placement than an actual commercial.

Yes, the dialog from the alien robots based on a cartoon from the 80's was corny... wow... big shock.

Yes, Michael Bay just can't get away from extremely sappy music and those sweeping camera shots that almost make you dizzy.

But for what it was meant for, it was excellent. The effects were amazing and never gave you that "obvious CG part" feeling. And the action was great. Perfect escapism movie. Now... for those too uptight to know what "escapism" is... well, definitely don't go see this movie. heh

WATYF
Old 25th August 2007
Gear Addict

oh, a film about transformers, Neve, Api, Lundahl's ????hehhehheh
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Nut

Call it art call it crap ...whatever... It is all in your perpsective. One of the most priceless moments of my life will always be the look on my young son's face as he watched Transformers. Utter amazement with a bit of 'now we're talkin' mixed in. When Optimus first transformed, I had to both laugh and shed a tear when my son burst out with "THAT IS AMAZING!!" I took him to see it a second time and I can guarantee I'll buy the DVD.
Old 27th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundeziner View Post
Call it art call it crap ...whatever... It is all in your perpsective. One of the most priceless moments of my life will always be the look on my young son's face as he watched Transformers. Utter amazement with a bit of 'now we're talkin' mixed in. When Optimus first transformed, I had to both laugh and shed a tear when my son burst out with "THAT IS AMAZING!!" I took him to see it a second time and I can guarantee I'll buy the DVD.
Well - I definitely call it crap, but I'm happy your son enjoyed the movie. He is after all the target audience and it was my mistake expecting anything other than childish nonsense and advertising.

I still accuse Michael Bay of sucking Satan's c*ck and spitting his semen all over the world's cinemas.
Old 27th August 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
It is so bad. So, so, so bad.
I liked it enough. IT won't be on any of my top lists, that's for sure, but those graphics were pretty darn cool.

But what do I know: I slap the upright bass.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well - I definitely call it crap, but I'm happy your son enjoyed the movie. He is after all the target audience and it was my mistake expecting anything other than childish nonsense and advertising.

I still accuse Michael Bay of sucking Satan's c*ck and spitting his semen all over the world's cinemas.
Bill Hicks fan, are we?
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

BIG TIME
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
It is so bad. So, so, so bad. For God's sake don't waste your time and money on this absolute pile of **** film. dfegad

Mind you - what did I expect from Bruckheimer?
I loved it it.
Old 28th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by willerichey View Post
Did anyone realize how bad the audio post was in that movie??

There was no sense of space in the robots voice as in interaction with the different environments.

Example: The voices sound the same up close as they did far away or in movement. Also there was no difference in the robots voices when the were outside inside, in mid battle.

Maybe I am just nitpicking.
I disagree.

It's more important to have the dialog intelligible in all that action, than playing the perspective. That belongs more in an art film.
Old 31st August 2007
I saw a great "Michael Bay Ruined My Childhood" T shirt @ comicon.

i ran into this clip in the late 90's. Looked like making this flick would be a no brainer.

YouTube - Transformers: Autobot Bumblebee
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

O C'MON!!! i thought it was GREAT fun!! how serious are we gona take these films!! and yes..there are amazing pieces of **** out there..you dont even have to look for them..this film was too fun to be bad...
Old 31st May 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfreq33 View Post
I liked it, but did anyone else notice that the "black" transformer was the first one to get killed? These movies are so racist these days, like when Spiderman turned black he was suddenly a really good dancer?
Me and my friends noticed that too.... not only was the first robot to get killed was the black (hip hop yo, yo, thug bot) Also when the army guys were fighting the scorpion bot the only guy to get shot was a black guy!
Old 2nd June 2008

What do you guys go to the cinema for? When I went to watch "Transformers", I consciously spent 7 Euro to leave my brain for two hours at the box office and have it exchanged for a beer and Nachos con Queso. I knew what to expect, and I was not dissapointed. Childish? Maybe. Cheesy? Maybe. Bad story? Maybe. Truckloads of fun? Yes, for sure. I wanted two hours of "SMASHBOOOOMBANG!!!" and I got them. Maybe it sucks, but still it rocks!
Old 2nd June 2008
Lives for gear

And of course EVERYONE here would give their left nut to work on a feature like "Transformers".
Old 2nd June 2008
Lives for gear

call me crazy but i thiught it was good and yea that megen girl is fine..
Old 4th June 2008
Here for the gear

yep,,i loved it too

and id never ever seen any other Transformers show/cartoon beforehand
Old 5th June 2008
Lives for gear

I was a huge transformers kid in the 80s. Really loved the toy and cartoon, it was a fantastic concept for little guys.

So I went into the movie hearing all kinds of bad stuff about Michael Bay (why is it that he is so hated??) but loving the trailer.

I was amazed. It was so damn entertaining. I thought the plot reminded me of the cartoons. Their were some great actors and some laugh out loud funny scenes. The robots looked fantastic and having the same guy who did the original voice for Optimus (Peter something?) was a great added bonus. And yeah Megan Fox is easy on the eyes.

So after seeing this I called my sister who works for Paramount, the studio who made the movie. Yeah this is cheesy as hell.. but she got me an "extra" role in part two which just started shooting in Pennsylvania. So look out for me in the background of part 2. I wonder if they'll allow me to wear a Steven Slate Drums shirt??
Old 11th June 2008
Lives for gear

Am I the only one here who actually sat through "Judge Dredd" with Sly Stallone and Rob Schneider? I can't imagine that that's not the worst blockbuster-budget movie of all time, with the possible exception of the "Batman" movie with Schwarzenegger...

I go into these movies with low expectations and am rarely disappointed...I even saw "Mortal Kombat" twice, although the second time it was free, I was on a date, and I fell asleep...but those two disappointed me.
Old 11th June 2008
Lives for gear

Judge Dredd - damnit i had forgotten about that piece of **** movie. and the pos game.

The 2 "Escape From soandso" movies that kurt russel was in also sucked big time.

waterworld was laughable too.

Speed 1 and 2...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search