The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Analogue where it matters
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1321
Lives for gear
 
Sharp11's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
Oh great hypothesis, Sigmund Fraud. However, Polivoks, aka Comrad Stalin, sounds exactly as lovely to me as before you started your there-is-not-(one)-analog-sound off-track, and we do not feel threatened at all by a conceited capitalist like you.

And you do have something to defend, namely that it is a “fact” that there is no one common signature sound of analog. Appearently your university has evidence, that is peer reviweved scientific journals addressing exactly this issue, so plz link them. Not that it matters to the issue, as we have seen, but you have claimed it so many times that it is fair to ask for evidence.
Ah, now I’m a “conceited capitalist” - it’s the car, right?

My car in the avatar gets to all you “little people” eventually.

By the way, there is no one common sound that defines analog gear, and yes, there’s no such thing as “analog sound”.

Just to we’re back on track.

Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1322
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
Ah, now I’m a “conceited capitalist” - it’s the car, right?
No, it is you, genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
By the way, there is no one common sound that defines analog gear, and yes, there’s no such thing as “analog sound”.
...and you are going to present the peer reviewed evidence for that assertion when?
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1323
Lives for gear
 
Sharp11's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
...and you are going to present the peer reviewed evidence for that assertion when?
It’s easy, sound cannot be an analogue of itself, sound is just, sound (as interpreted by our brain.) Like a rose, a sound wave, is a sound wave, is a sound wave.

If you don’t believe me, research sound waves - the onus is on you to “prove” for your own edification, that there’s something unique called “analog sound”. This would require a belief that sound waves somehow miraculously transform themselves into something else when representing playback from, say, an analog synth.

Once you realize there’s no such thing as analog sound, you’ll likely move onto the next argument, which is “the characteristics of the sound of analog equipment” - in which case you might be on better ground, which was where nat was trying to take you before you went ballistic and ruined the discussion with your temper tantrums.

Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1324
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
It’s easy, sound cannot be an analogue of itself, sound is just, sound (as interpreted by our brain.) Like a rose, a sound wave, is a sound wave, is a sound wave.

If you don’t believe me, research sound waves - the onus is on you to “prove” for your own edification, that there’s something unique called “analog sound”. This would require a belief that sound waves somehow miraculously transform themselves into something else when representing playback from, say, an analog synth.

Once you realize there’s no such thing as analog sound, you’ll likely move onto the next argument, which is “the characteristics of the sound of analog equipment” - in which case you might be on better ground, which was where nat was trying to take you before you went ballistic and ruined the discussion with your temper tantrums.

I am afraid this post does not qualify as a double blind peer reviewed scientific article and even less as evidence in any scientific sense. What was the name of that university of yours, you say?
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1325
Lives for gear
 
Sharp11's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
I am afraid this post does not qualify as a double blind peer reviewed scientific article and even less as evidence in any scientific sense. What was the name of that university of yours, you say?
I couldn’t find one that supported or negated “analog sound” .... it would seem if there were such a thing it’d be easy to find.

Anyway, this has gotten boring, it was fun watching you explode, but it’s time to move on to other things.

There are a number of analog summing threads running concurrently, you might have some fun over there
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1326
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
I couldn’t find one that supported or negated “analog sound” .... it would seem if there were such a thing it’d be easy to find.
So no evidence, and yet you and your university "know" to an extent where you take a patronizing attitude towards people who claim there IS a common denominator, a signature sound of analog synths. The same way Trump just knows about voterfraud?

What an academic you are...and your "university"
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1327
Lives for gear
 

Dudes... really ?
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1328
Lives for gear
 
realtrance's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

And thank you for your contributions and willingness to discuss the actual topics being presented what a breath of fresh air!

I bow out when people in a thread start getting obsessed with “butts.” At that point I’m just in the zoo watching the monkeys sling poo. But I return when they’ve calmed down again.
1
Share
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1329
Lives for gear
 
Sharp11's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
So no evidence, and yet you and your university "know" to an extent where you take a patronizing attitude towards people who claim there IS a common denominator, a signature sound of analog synths. The same way Trump just knows about voterfraud?

What an academic you are...and your "university"
Nope, no evidence that there's a separate and distinct soundwave just for analog and only reproducible by analog instruments and gear of all kinds.

I can easily find distortion, wow, flutter, crosstalk, hiss, noise, and more artifacts that appear as part of the sound lexicon, but none of those are germane only to analog gear.

Most universities agree, except perhaps UMT.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1330
Lives for gear
 
Sharp11's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
I bow out when people in a thread start getting obsessed with “butts.” At that point I’m just in the zoo watching the monkeys sling poo. But I return when they’ve calmed down again.
I have to admit to enjoying a good fight, but when it becomes like shooting fish in a barrel, i actually feel bad for some of these people. Still, I feel it's important to stop the misinformation.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1331
Lives for gear
 
realtrance's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
I have to admit to enjoying a good fight, but when it becomes like shooting fish in a barrel, i actually feel bad for some of these people. Still, I feel it's important to stop the misinformation.
Increasingly, I wonder. H. G. Wells' Time Machine may be prophetic, except for the time frame he thought it would take for it all to disintegrate.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1332
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
double
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1333
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
Nope, no evidence that there's a separate and distinct soundwave just for analog and only reproducible by analog instruments and gear of all kinds.
.
Are you really going to try to turn your lack of evidence against the challenger too?

Me: Prove to me that there is no one analog sound as you claim.

You: There is no proof that there isn't, ha!



What an utterly pathetic performance from a self-declared academic. I do not think it is funny anymore, but as sad as any the last years abuse of science, including denials of global warming, massive misinfo about voter-fraud and piles of pseudo-science on the net.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
Still, I feel it's important to stop the misinformation.
You only have to STFU to do that, my conceited little clown.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1334
Lives for gear
 
IncarnateX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp11 View Post
Most universities agree, except perhaps UMT.
Really? More facts without evidence?

If you cannot prove anything, I recommend you to shut it now, for my next saying to this is probably going to hurt so much that you will get depressed and suicidal.
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1335
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutantt View Post
This thread is way too civilized for the Moan Zone.
How about now? Better?
4
Share
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1336
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonvague View Post
How about now? Better?
You read my mind.
Earlier today i wanted to quote myself to retract that statement, but i decided not to.
1
Share
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
  #1337
Lives for gear
 
maisonvague's Avatar
 

A few words about analog vs digital from Jean-Michel Jarre. (Begin 5:09)

Old 3 weeks ago
  #1338
And on that bombshell, think it’s time to finish up! Thanks everyone for their positive contributions to this epic thread. Happy holidays!
5
Share
Closed
Topic:
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump