The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Retailer shipping a pedal in a flat rate envelope?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Retailer shipping a pedal in a flat rate envelope?

I ordered a new Boss TU-3W tuner pedal from a smaller online retailer, along with a few pedal cables.
The pedal was in the small, pedal-sized box from the factory - but the entire order was simply thrown in a USPS flat rate envelope.

Does this sound right? I've never ordered a pedal online before, but it seemed to me something that should go in a bigger box with padding - to limit movement during transit.

Thoughts?
Old 1 week ago
It should be in a box, for so many reasons. With a small blade and 2 seconds that envelope opens right up, it's just low hanging fruit. No need in making an honest man into a thief.

I had a guy ship me a used pedal, not even in a box, just in a tyvek flat rate envelope. Needless to say the envelope arrived, ripped open, sans the $180 fuzz pedal... I was livid anyone would ship something like that in a tyvek envelope.

Still, the best is the sony soundbar I ordered used off amazon and it came from a 3rd party stuffed into a random box filled with newspaper and (thankfully) unused disposable diapers! Of course, a heavy soundbar and subwoofer are going to just flatten diapers and the thing was DOA. Amazon did right by me, but... wow.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_b_b View Post
The pedal was in the small, pedal-sized box from the factory - but the entire order was simply thrown in a USPS flat rate envelope.
So, the pedal was in a box?

And that box was in the envbelope?

Don't see a problem here.

Your thread title makes it sound like the retailer shipped a pedal in an envelope. It seems that's not exactly true?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
So, the pedal was in a box?

And that box was in the envbelope?

Don't see a problem here.

Your thread title makes it sound like the retailer shipped a pedal in an envelope. It seems that's not exactly true?
The pedal was in a product box, not a shipping box.

In other words, you can't put stamps on a product box and put it in the mail. In this instance the product box was in an envelope which is tantamount to just mailing the product box which is not designed to be a shipping box.

OP, your tuner pedal in its product box should have arrived in a cardboard shipping box.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicTone View Post

In other words, you can't put stamps on a product box and put it in the mail. In this instance the product box was in an envelope which is tantamount to just mailing the product box which is not designed to be a shipping box.

OP, your tuner pedal in its product box should have arrived in a cardboard shipping box.
Thanks!

Pedal powers up and appears to function without issue. Washing my hands of this retailer (long backstory that would probably appear silly to some but pissed me, which means it's super important), so hopefully no problems - if so, I'll simply buy a replacement elsewhere; there's a million retailers that will be happy to take my money - which was the point I was trying to stress to this place before they did their shipping shenanigans.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_b_b View Post
Thanks!

Pedal powers up and appears to function without issue. Washing my hands of this retailer (long backstory that would probably appear silly to some but pissed me, which means it's super important), so hopefully no problems - if so, I'll simply buy a replacement elsewhere; there's a million retailers that will be happy to take my money - which was the point I was trying to stress to this place before they did their shipping shenanigans.
I would suggest not saying anything to the retailer you bought it from regarding the method of shipping. I say this because you shouldn't burn bridges because the pedal may fail in the future and still be in warranty. You want to be in good standing with the retailer.

Obviously however, you'll never buy anything from that retailer again.

I've been in your situation and received a new pedal that was broken in a product box in an envelope.

The pedal was replaced by the retailer but I no longer buy from that business.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicTone View Post
Oh - I misunderstood.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I was shipped an Apogee Quartet in a flat rate envelope 2 years ago from somebody on eBay.. and it was allll.. banged to sh#t and wouldn't turn on.

I immediately got a refund.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear