The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Peluso Power Supply Caught Fire
Old 10th August 2020
Peluso Power Supply Caught Fire

An artist I work with was looking for recommendations for 251 clones, and Peluso was one that I told her to try out in her price range. Long story short, she purchased a 22 251 a few days ago. I get a call today from her practically in tears because she smelled smoke in her room and very quickly was able to spot it coming out of the power supply of the Peluso. Early enough to not see flames but smoke did fill up her room pretty quickly so good chance there's was a fire inside of it.

So after confirming she did nothing wrong on her part, I told her to call the manufacturer. Although they were very apologetic, their response was basically "oh that must have been the bad batch that went out with the capacitors which catch fire."

Like....seriously? No recall? Nothing? This girl is pregnant and has a 2 year old, thank God she didn't turn on the power supply to warm up and walk away for an hour like I would have done had we been in a bigger facility. I get it, sometimes there are mistakes during manufacturing but this to me seems like the worst possible mistake a company can make. A bad batch that catches fire...

She purchased from a well known third party online music store that I won't mention because it wasn't their fault. She actually called them to let them know about it and they offered to send her their older 22 251 so she could finish her project, but also stated that they won't be selling Peluso's anymore because of the incident. So just a heads up if you plan on buying a Peluso anytime soon, I'd def call and make sure you don't accidentally get one of their "bad batches."
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear