The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
You permanantly LEAVE this forum Than What ...!???
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

You permanantly LEAVE this forum Than What ...!???

Hi so when will Dave Smith release the new synth!??

Disco is cool

No politics

Behringer clones Moogs clone of The Vocoder Bode

Roland cloud SUBscription model sucks but is kinda awesome because roland is listening and improving they rule actually

Korg Arp2600 owners are all bastards (because i have no arp2600)

UbXA sounds nothing like the OBXA Arturia nailed it tho

Ob6 is still awesome

Pro3 is best monosynth everrrrr

Jupiter X looks hella awesome but the scenes and controls are weird (says gordon reid sos)

Thank you for your time wish you all a nice start of the week
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Cool story bro
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Same old wasteland.
Old 27th July 2020
Gear Addict
...Than you experience improvement in life quality so u make another account to feel miserable again and fight about unimportant ****
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

You elitist
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear
Just give up
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTBatmaN View Post
...Than you experience improvement in life quality so u make another account to feel miserable again and fight about unimportant ****
Pretty much life
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Hell I never asked that question.
I just got pissed, and checked out for about 3 years.
mostly, because I couldn't deal with some of the holier than thou, "jerks" on here.
Old 27th July 2020
Gear Head

Leave this forum then start actually making music.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogDomain View Post
That's one of the realest things, ever said on here.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Both times I've been a member here, came about from someone needing help with a repair. If not for that, who knows?
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Fix my room acoustics with a sextet of Shun-Mook Mpingo Discs tuned by Bill Ying.
Old 27th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Dalton View Post
That's one of the realest things, ever said on here.
Is anyone actually listening to music anymore, given the world situation now? Other than classic rock? Is there even a real audience for any of the music people produce in their bedroom studios? Or is it now all just for the music creators to enjoy their own music since perhaps no one is interested in others’ new music?

I remember a time when live music and theater seemed important. Seems no one thinks so anymore with the craziness that has taken over...
Old 27th July 2020
This thread is going nowhere, just like the people who stomp their feet publicly.

Salma Hayek can fix it for us.

Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFoster View Post
Is anyone actually listening to music anymore, given the world situation now? Other than classic rock? Is there even a real audience for any of the music people produce in their bedroom studios? Or is it now all just for the music creators to enjoy their own music since perhaps no one is interested in others’ new music?

I remember a time when live music and theater seemed important. Seems no one thinks so anymore with the craziness that has taken over...
Whats funny is I'm a good cook, everyone loves it. i hate it, because there's no feedback. Same with Music,,, One can get repetitious and hit the Big Burn, and I mentioned Jerks earlier, so as most know, Jerks and Bands don't last long. I've friends but I couldn't work for or with them,, ther'd be a killing.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator Music View Post
Yes.

Yes she can.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Once upon a time I believed it was Jim that could fix it
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

I've been helping this cat, setup his gear on here, basic gear, but he's hell bent on tracking to an OLD Reel to Reel then back to the DAW.
I'd look at some of his other threads, on here, where he was basically blown off,every time.
Last night I came across some of his tunes, and was really blown away, He's Making Music. Check it out,, really! The cats name is Paul.

https://farman.bandcamp.com/
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdafunk View Post

Disco is cool

No politics

Roland cloud SUBscription model sucks but is kinda awesome because roland is listening and improving they rule actually

Ob6 is still awesome

Jupiter X looks hella awesome but the scenes and controls are weird (says gordon reid sos)

You covered a lot of ground. Im not sure where to start. Lol.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastator Music View Post
This thread is going nowhere, just like the people who stomp their feet publicly.

She can fix something alright.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

And of course I'm scrolling through this thread at just the right moment when my hubs glances over, sees Salma rolling by and is ribbing me, "Checking out women now are ya? If you're going bi, I didn't sign on for this," etc., yadda yadda. Yeah, it's time to get off of GS. (Not for good, just for tonight.)
Old 27th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Old 27th July 2020
Gear Maniac

You forgot to mention all the Super6 complaining!
Old 27th July 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectorman View Post
And of course I'm scrolling through this thread at just the right moment when my hubs glances over, sees Salma rolling by and is ribbing me, "Checking out women now are ya? If you're going bi, I didn't sign on for this," etc., yadda yadda. Yeah, it's time to get off of GS. (Not for good, just for tonight.)
It's all good man. Tell him I said that it doesn't matter if you're straight, gay,bi, or asexual. If you're a man under 70 and you don't get lead in your pencil from looking at her, you might need a health checkup from your physician.
Old 27th July 2020
Can't believe that arrogant little peanut head from earlier. What a dork.
Old 27th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdafunk View Post

Disco is cool

No politics

Ob6 is still awesome

Hey patrickdafunk, For a laugh, back right out of high school, I had a buddy, Mike Person, run an half page add in the news paper for our construction company.Back in 1980. It showed like this.

Hardly Small Erictions. No job too Big or too Small. and phone number.
It took three weeks before they figured it out, and pulled it. Got a lot of calls/jobs, but no refund for pulling our add. You didn't do stuff like that back then. We did though!
Old 27th July 2020
This forum could def use a bit more prestige. Light hearted joking around is fine, but not on threads where someone explicitly asks for a serious discussion.

People who have been here a while might think it’s funny coming from me... but there are guys with decades of experience and accomplishments that get drowned out by the Internet bullies and trolls.

At worst, they get frustrated and leave, taking with them a lifetime of experience (and connections) we all just might be able to benefit from.

A bit of humility goes a long way. Complaining and venting is therapeutic, but also just adds crap to the pile. I’ve been guilty of it, as I’m sure most of us have.

Maybe it would be more beneficial to not feed the trolls? Instead of a thread like this, maybe create the thread you wish you saw instead?

Or just ignore the idiots?

Or realize fighting a stranger online makes you look like a moron to everyone reading, even if you are “right”?

Just a thought.
Old 27th July 2020
Gear Addict

A clone of the much-coveted Dairytron 3000 is announced. For those amateur kiddiez who don't know, the Dairytron was an epic synth built in the 70s by a company better-known for supplying cheese to pizzerias. It had 179 oscillators, 44.75 filters, 89.5-note polyphony, dual 94-note keyboards, and came with an attached cheese grater. It also weighed seven tons, required a dedicated power plant to operate, and the last public performance of one ended in tragedy, as several roadies were crushed to death when the support columns collapsed during the soundcheck. It's exceptionally rare as it cost 7 million dollars back in the day, and only a handful were sold before the company folded and all their engineers died from self-immolation. But it's famous for its exceptionally warm, fat analog sound, which cover a wide range of cheesy and creamy sounds. Only two are known to still exist, one owned by Hans Zimmer, and the other suspected to be owned by Richard D. James: although he has never acknowledged it, an EP was issued on Rephlex titled "U STUPD SLUTZ WILL NVR CTCH UP 2 ME HAHA", with a picture of a Dairytron 3000, featuring tracks with titles like "∁∀∩⊤β∑∟⎮∊⩗∍∆∩Ч⊙∩∃∟∕k∉∫⊢h⎮∫∁я∀P". Although credited to "The Cruft", it is widely believed to be an alias of RDJ as his name is what appears on the track entries in the BMI database.

Bohrunger announces that they are making a new version of the Dairytron 3000 which will model the original's circuits exactly, and provide a video of a working prototype, although they mention that it will have some practical revisions to the original: it will feature MIDI, USB, weigh only 7 pounds, and run off 6 AA batteries. Also, it won't have the cheese grater. Estimated retail price will be €50, though it might not be released until 2037, as Bohrunger is currently working on 3,750 other knock-off products, including some which haven't even yet been designed by the original manufacturers.

Reaction on gearslutz is swift: Condemnation of Bohrunger for a product that they insist from the 20-second YouTube clip sounds nothing like the original, condemnation for any revisions to the original, condemnation for making a product that might someday be attainable.

"if you don't have to outbid thousands of other people, run a racketeering ring to raise the funds, travel across the planet, and kill a few potential competing bidders to get it, well, you're hardly a REAL musician, are you? No, you're just another sad little bedroom amateur, with your pretend VST instruments, making pitiful noises that nobody wants to hear. Now do us all a favour and fly a plane into a mountain so that those of us who understand what a proper instrument is can get on with it without any distraction."

"What's the sense in making it without the cheese grater? It just shows that they don't get it at all. On the real thing, the experience of shredding mozzarella with one hand while the other plays those creamy lead sounds is completely integral to the experience of the instrument. Without it, you might as well just fart into a kazoo"

"The youtube clip sounds nothing like the real thing. NOTHING! Who are they kidding? I was once less than 20 miles away from one, and even played over a telephone line, this fake thing is nothing like the original!!! Bohrunger should have all their staff burned at the stake for even daring to announce this. Also, how come they don't post here anymore?"

Last edited by Bruno Republic; 27th July 2020 at 05:50 AM..
Old 27th July 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogDomain View Post
Start with two oscillators
Old 27th July 2020
Remember the good old days when 'then' meant then and 'than' meant than?
Nothing back than felt better then that.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear