The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I can’t stay silent about Perfect Circuit synth demos
Old 21st July 2020
Gear Addict

It’s funny this thread came up. I saw the Kyra demo they did and I ended up buying one from them. There demos are hit or miss but what makes them stand above the rest was the person playing thought about it before printing to video.
Old 21st July 2020
Lives for gear

PC is my favorite store. Nothing else comes close. That said, it's true that many of their demos suck. But I'd argue that's because they focus on demoing the various possible sounds that can be made with the gear, and are not really focused on being melodic or musical.

If that's your jam, see LooPop or Knobs.
Old 21st July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_b_b View Post
Gotta ask - what don't you like about the vibe?
It's a weird vibe. Completely uncool, but super try hard?

Looking on Yelp, there are similar experiences to mine.

Staff attitude, lacking general politeness and a general can't-be-bothered slowness, even when the shop is empty.

Turning up with cash money to spend on synths (OB6, Prophet 6, Moog One), being ignored due to guy behind the counter more interested in chatting up the cute girl. I instead end up calling ahead and going to Big City (Where they know how to treat folks, don't ya know?

Yeah, I know I look rough and old and not look the 'part'. But, see that 5 story denim factory converted to lofts downtown? That's mine. I bought that after appearing on TOTP twice in different guises in 1989 and 1990, respectively. I made a smart move (Well, smart for me) and I've not worked since, so music is more of a hobby now. I might be an old has been and not some young navel gazing modular stick insect, but don't give me attitude. Treat me like the classic synth prince I truly am. Look at me in wonder and take my $$$. I make your shop a lot cooler when I'm there. Believe.

Maybe it's simply that modular shop full of ex-guitar players kinda vibe? Like I say, it's odd. And quite uncool, man.

Old 21st July 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post

Staff attitude, lacking general politeness and a general can't-be-bothered slowness, even when the shop is empty.

Turning up with cash money to spend on synths (OB6, Prophet 6, Moog One), being ignored due to guy behind the counter more interested in chatting up the cute girl. I instead end up calling ahead and going to Big City (Where they know how to treat folks, don't ya know?

Yeah, I know I look rough and old and not look the 'part'. But, see that 5 story denim factory converted to lofts downtown? That's mine. I bought that after appearing on TOTP twice in different guises in 1989 and 1990, respectively. I made a smart move (Well, smart for me) and I've not worked since, so music is more of a hobby now. I might be an old has been and not some young navel gazing modular stick insect, but don't give me attitude. Treat me like the classic synth prince I truly am. Look at me in wonder and take my $$$. I make your shop a lot cooler when I'm there. Believe.

Maybe it's simply that modular shop full of ex-guitar players kinda vibe? Like I say, it's odd. And quite uncool, man.

Perfect explanation - I get what you mean. Anymore, I'm amazed at how hard it can be to spend money sometimes.
Old 23rd July 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post

They are in Burbank after all.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear