The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reverb Increasing Selling Fees to 5%
Old 4th August 2020
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense_A View Post
I was through with them when they began posting black nationalist supremacist slogans on their web page during riots that have resulted in over 25 people killed.

I wrote them and told them to remove the slogan of a terrorist organization that murdered a white police officer in my family in Dallas, Texas in 2016. It's personally insulting people chant the slogan of a domestic terrorist marxist organization that murdered one of my family members who was a police officer simply because he was white. My family still mourns and suffers the pain today.

Fu©k Reverb.com
I'm sorry for what happened to your family. Micah Johnson is/was not BLM. He was an ex-military radical extremist with lots of training and lots of weapons. BLM is not a militant, radical extremist organization, and their goals don't align with radical extremism. They also don't provide weapons or training, and they do not encourage or support violence.

There are two members of a particular blue organization who got off scott free after murdering my family member and one of my friends. There is another member of that same organization who tried to plant drugs in my car when I was a teen. And as far as I know, they're all still members of that organization. And if they are, I'm sure they're in leadership positions at this point, as this was all decades ago. That stings. But more than that, it scares me.

Yet, I don't hold a grudge against that organization. You would be well served to let go of yours. That grudge harms you right along with the groups you disdain, right along with a bunch of other innocent folks.

Last edited by mp3; 4th August 2020 at 06:25 PM..
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Maniac

what does any of this have to do with an increase in Reverb fees..?
Old 4th August 2020
mp3
Lives for gear

Did you also ask the same after his comment? Or just mine?
Old 4th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
Did you also ask the same after his comment? Or just mine?
That doesn't really answer my question
Old 4th August 2020
Lives for gear

For those who are watching, still zero response from Reverb.com, now 5 business days after my second bank inquiry had concluded and I let them know, now more than 45days since the original events.

They're up to something, it seems.

This is highly suspicious.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
For those who are watching, still zero response from Reverb.com, now 5 business days after my second bank inquiry had concluded and I let them know, now more than 45days since the original events.

They're up to something, it seems.

This is highly suspicious.
there's no malicious intent - this is just incompetence on Reverb's part.

If their accounting department is anything like mine - or many, as it seems - they simply don't know where they sent your money. I wish I was joking.

to think that a company the size of Reverb would conspire to steal $1500 is laughable; there's either something to the story you haven't shared (doubtful, devils advocate, blah blah) and they're prepping a response, or they're trying to find you're money before they give it to you (rather than just give you the money - I know, doesn't make sense, but it's business).

AG complaints in the appropriate states - will see results.

To be fair, their customer service reps could very well be overwhelmed by the backlash to this minimal fee increase.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

I'm guilty of being a demanding dick, at times.

I'm guilty of cursing, sometimes.

(Entirely devoid of threats beyond bad press, never ever any crazy threats or any such nonsense.)

I don't avoid that here, my propensity to curse when annoyed, nor praddle on about it.

The results have been the same regardless, btw. Nice and friendly yields no more results...

And a few things remain true, regardless:

* I'm due these funds. No ifs, ands, or buts.
* These funds have never, to date, been transferred to the correct destination, a destination I made sure to give the guy immediately before the original transfers that got messed up.
* The dude did not use correct information that I gave him prior to the Transfers, but instead made a mistake and used incorrect information.
* I have provided this sequence of events to them, and how to prove it (chat logs), and all I got a was a cheeky half-denial and silence.
* It's more than 45days later now.
* My bank has done an Inquiry twice, nothing both times, no response since telling them this more than a week ago now.
* I have previously volunteered three-way calls with them and my bank regarding this, was told no, not their problem was the gist.

* So... I'm due the money, never got the money, definitely don't have the money, and have already done two bank inquiries and waited 45 motherfvcking days thus far, and counting.

All with crap customer service, sporadic and crap communication, and more passing the hot potato than I've ever seen anyone else do.

I want my fvcking money, now, and am unapologetically annoyed by it all. If this is simply incompetence it is of an unparalleled level.

But maybe it's rogue employees with a scam?

Hard to say at this juncture.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
* These funds have never, to date, been transferred to the correct destination, a destination I made sure to give the guy immediately before the original transfers that got messed up.
* The dude did not use correct information that I gave him prior to the Transfers, but instead made a mistake and used incorrect information.
Reverb's poor handing aside, this seems to be the underlying issue. Not sure who 'the guy/dude' is, but sounds like he dropped the ball; was he the buyer/seller (i.e. not a Reverb employee)?
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_b_b View Post
Reverb's poor handing aside, this seems to be the underlying issue. Not sure who 'the guy/dude' is, but sounds like he dropped the ball; was he the buyer/seller (i.e. not a Reverb employee)?
Customer Service, Tier 2 or ?, not T1, name withheld, but I shared it w it them, weeks ago now.

Consequently, I've no real beef with the guy who made the mistake. It's the two that followed him.

The guy who made the mistake was friendly and tried. The two I've dealt with since are useless.

One of them, when I persisted about escalating it beyond Customer Service, said he had no boss...

This is what I'm dealing with, just a taste.

It's their mistake, been their mistake all along, and 45 days later they don't even accept responsibility, much less do anything useful to help solve it.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Customer Service, Tier 2 or ?, not T1, name withheld, but I shared it w it them, weeks ago now.

Consequently, I've no real beef with the guy who made the mistake. It's the two that followed him.

The guy who made the mistake was friendly and tried. The two I've dealt with since are useless.

One of them, when I persisted about escalating it beyond Customer Service, said he had no boss...

This is what I'm dealing with, just a taste.

It's their mistake, been their mistake all along, and 45 days later they don't even accept responsibility, much less do anything useful to help solve it.
Just a thought, you can't realistically give a wrong account number that is also correct (as in it belongs to someone else). I mean yes, there is a non-zero possibility, but the chances are very low. It would just be an invalid account number. When you hear about money going to to the wrong account, it's not usually a case of fat fingers, where someone typed a 2 instead of 4 in a sequence of numbers. It's more like a person mixed up two valid account numbers. Again, it can theoretically happen, but if you are that unlucky....sheesh.

To clarify, there are check digits in account numbers that are specific to the numerical sequence of the account number, so if a digit is wrong in the sequence, the check digit will throw an error.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

I still don't understand this story.

When I set up reverb I entered my information on the website and have never had any trouble getting my money.

I don't understand why anyone would need to read bank account numbers over the phone in 2020.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EofN View Post
I still don't understand this story.

When I set up reverb I entered my information on the website and have never had any trouble getting my money.

I don't understand why anyone would need to read bank account numbers over the phone in 2020.
There was no phone call. Chat only. The funds in question had been stuck in limbo inside Reverb, from prior sales that had already posted to me but had never been transferred.

Dude asked me for the correct info before making the transfer, I gave it to him, and for reasons only he can answer - he didn't actually use the info I gave him.

This wasn't obvious at first, of course, only days later when the money never arrived. And we know this banking info works because subsequent ACH Transfers from Reverb to the same account have worked fine. Further, we know I didn't fvck up the info because I literally copied and pasted it from my bank's app into the Reverb chat window, all of which I've told them.

Only these two particular transfers did not work.

What I have no insight into is where the funds actually are, what that disposition is, or WTF anyone is doing about it.

It looks like nothing... it smells like fvckery.

A blind cripple could solve this faster than 45days if they actually wanted to.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
There was no phone call. Chat only. The funds in question had been stuck in limbo inside Reverb, from prior sales that had already posted to me but had never been transferred.

Dude asked me for the correct info before making the transfer, I gave it to him, and for reasons only he can answer - he didn't actually use the info I gave him.

This wasn't obvious at first, of course, only days later when the money never arrived. And we know this banking info works because subsequent ACH Transfers from Reverb to the same account have worked fine. Further, we know I didn't fvck up the info because I literally copied and pasted it from my bank's app into the Reverb chat window, all of which I've told them.

Only these two particular transfers did not work.

What I have no insight into is where the funds actually are, what that disposition is, or WTF anyone is doing about it.

It looks like nothing... it smells like fvckery.

A blind cripple couid solve this faster than 45days if they actually wanted to.
Actually finding myself in a similar situation:
Credit card on home alarm account expired;
Inputted new card info online and made payment for outstanding balance;
Opted for reoccurring payments;
Billed twice

Call, request card refund, advised in process;
(week goes by)
Receive refund check in correct amount/address, wrong name, wrong account #;

Call, again request card refund, advised in process;
(week goes by)
Company calls for - get this - complete card info so they can issue the refund.

Several reps confirm that, though there's no issue taking money OUT of my account - and not once but twice - they are unable to electronically put the money back in there...

Requested check be reissued - hopefully in the correct name
Once received, cancelling this service.

if you can't refund me $80, I'm not sure you should be monitoring my house...
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Maniac

reverb is a joke. I purchased a synth last week from a retailer via reverb. their ad for the item said ships within 24 hours.. great. 7 in stock.. great. order confirmed. everything successful. over 3 days goes by with no shipment update by the seller so I kindly message them asking for a status update. no response. so I get reverb involved. they were supposed to contact the seller asking for a status update.. but 24 hours later i get a full refund. um ok, i did not ask for a refund. i wanted the item. so i go back to the item page, and they have increased the price by 50 bucks. nice. i then contacted reverb about the situation because I don't think a seller should get away with that..but reverb thinks this behavior is acceptable. here's the screenshots of the exchange. this is what you can expect when using reverb.

https://imgur.com/a/s9KUNWO
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wentzelitis View Post
reverb is a joke.

I think that it's not nice that the seller was unresponsive, but your response is unreasonable.

There are tons of great sellers on reverb.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I think that it's not nice that the seller was unresponsive, but your response is unreasonable.

There are tons of great sellers on reverb.
i didn't mean all sellers are a joke. i meant Reverb the company. thought it was pretty easy to understand that. look at their chat response. i was very polite and explained the situation. they are completely endorsing poor seller behavior and they find it acceptable. my response was completely reasonable and i was kind and reasonable throughout. their response was unreasonable. they are simply ok with stuff like this occurring on their platform. it is acceptable to sell something, not ship it, change your mind a week later with no communication to the buyer, refund the buyer with no explanation, and then increase the listing 50 bucks, because reverb will do nothing to punish you, and you cannot be left poor feedback. when i asked what they do to prevent this behavior they said "lol" . they offered no assistance, said too bad, and lol'd at my face when i simply asked how they handle sellers like this if I'm not allowed to leave negative feedback. i've worked in customer service before and that would get most people fired.

i'm just putting this out here so people are warned as to what reverb stands for. i believe they should be aware. i did not list the seller in question. bad apples exist.. reverb doing nothing to try to weed them out is the problem, as well as goons working for CS and from what i see in this thread , other departments, too .
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm not sure you should be monitoring my house...
If that's ADT then it's not surprising, they are one of the most incompetent companies in this business.
Old 5th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
If that's ADT then it's not surprising, they are one of the most incompetent companies in this business.
Protection 1, but they were purchased by ADT a while ago; service has gone downhill since then.
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Protection 1, but they were purchased by ADT a while ago; service has gone downhill since then.
Correction, they were not purchased by Protection 1, they were purchased by APOLLO who owned Protection 1 also, then they merged the two together into one giant clusterf***

The business plan is to increase the charges for the service, whilst cutting costs across the board in any way possible. First hand witness here.
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

I read the chat and don't think that reverb did anything wrong. I think you were too aggressive in demanding a reprimand of the seller. They didn't have a good solution because they're not going to give a reprimand just because you demanded it. They might have done a better job sugar coating it, but is that really what you want? We are all adults - it's business.
Old 6th August 2020
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually finding myself in a similar situation:
Credit card on home alarm account expired;
Inputted new card info online and made payment for outstanding balance;
Opted for reoccurring payments;
Billed twice

Call, request card refund, advised in process;
(week goes by)
Receive refund check in correct amount/address, wrong name, wrong account #;

Call, again request card refund, advised in process;
(week goes by)
Company calls for - get this - complete card info so they can issue the refund.

Several reps confirm that, though there's no issue taking money OUT of my account - and not once but twice - they are unable to electronically put the money back in there...

Requested check be reissued - hopefully in the correct name
Once received, cancelling this service.

if you can't refund me $80, I'm not sure you should be monitoring my house...
Quote:
what does any of this have to do with an increase in Reverb fees..?
There are dozens of off-topic posts in this (and pretty much every longer) thread. Yet you only took issue with mine. It's clear what really bothered you.
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3 View Post
There are dozens of off-topic posts in this (and pretty much every longer) thread. Yet you only took issue with mine. It's clear what really bothered you.
please, enlighten us.

Old 6th August 2020
mp3
Lives for gear

Enjoy the rest of your day.
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Meanwhile, not a word from the people at Reverb.

Nothing in almost 10days, no response, whether my tone was friendly or otherwise, no difference, and now it's been more than 45days total.

A quick look at my Reverb.com account shows:

* I've made 64 purchases since February of 2019.

* In the same period I've sold 21 things.

* I have nothing but 5-Star ratings (65 of them).

So tell me, what's their fvcking problem?

Where's my motherfvcking money?

It feels like an effort to steal from me.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
I read the chat and don't think that Reverb did anything wrong.
I read it too and I agree.

From that exchange we can see that Tim from Reverb has:
  • Confirmed the item was not shipped and that the buyer was refunded
  • Stated it is impossible for Reverb to force sellers to ship items - same as any other online transaction on earth
  • Agreed with the buyer that the seller was in the wrong and that Reverb in no way endorse this behaviour
  • Stated that Reverb has 'procedures to address this type of thing with sellers'
The buyer's aggressive tone and distortion of what is/isn't being said merely serves to set himself up for disappointment in the exchange, but the same time I do sympathise with the overall case he has, because a seller refusing to ship an item and then hiking the price up a few days later is disgraceful behaviour and there should be more immediately visible penalty consequences to for a rogue seller behaving like this than Reverb fobbing the buyer off with vacuuous suit-speak like: 'We have a procedure to address this type of thing'.

There should be some sort of 'three strikes and you're out' type of thing and 'Tim from Reverb' should be adding a bad behaviour mark to the seller's public profile and informing the buyer that he has done so as a direct result of the obvious wrong perpetrated in this non-transaction.

If I was the buyer in this situation I would still be pissed off that the whole transaction has been such a time-wasting PITA, but at the same time I would accept that this outcome is about as reasonable as one could expect and derive some satisfaction from having given other potential buyers pause for thought with this obviously sh*tty seller.

Last edited by James Lehmann; 7th August 2020 at 12:56 PM..
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Reverb is under fire from Covid.

I'm a relative newcomer to the Reverb platform but after completing 81 sales in less than 100 days and getting all my payouts exactly as they should have been, I have nothing to complain about.

If you look at your statements carefully you'll see that "shipping" is a much bigger expense than the, now 5% that Reverb is asking for providing an incredible platform.

I got into a bad deal from a seller that was totally "bait and switch". It took me 30 days of staying on Reverbs chat system but they refunded my purchase price in its entirety and I was done, no more hassle, they took it from there and dealt with the shady seller. Full Refund. Reverb took care of me.

Being "nice" helps in dealing with any online sales system.

Another recent instance of Reverb support being awesome, I went into chat to ask about a customer doing a local pickup at my home, Jennifer went right to the heart of the matter instantly and explained what needed to happen for me to be protected. The customer showed up, I told them to check the box on Reverb for "received" and instantly I could see in my Reverb window, the item was now marked as "Received", that cleared the way for the $2600 Apogee sale to go directly into my bank account.

Reverb has helped me clean out a LOT of gear that was not being used and in the process deposited more than $21,000 in my bank account in the last 100 days. How sweet is that.....

You can look around my studio and never miss any of what I've sold, it's amazing.

I love Reverb, it works for me!

Good music to you
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I read the chat and don't think that reverb did anything wrong. I think you were too aggressive in demanding a reprimand of the seller. They didn't have a good solution because they're not going to give a reprimand just because you demanded it. They might have done a better job sugar coating it, but is that really what you want? We are all adults - it's business.
i did not demand anything and was not aggressive. i ASKED how i could leave negative feedback for a poor experience and poor behavior by the seller so that future buyers could be aware. reverb said i can't. i was frustrated, they told me i'm not allowed to be frustrated. this behavior should not be accepted and should be punished.. if reverb disagrees that means they think the behavior should be accepted and allowed. so i then said you are endorsing this behavior by the seller? they said no that they will do something. when i asked what that something is, they refused to tell me and laughed at me.l i did not demand anything, and they did not do anything. they endorse this behavior and are immature goons who "lol" at their customers. we are all adults? well...if you consider being on clock and representing your company by typing "lol" to a customer as a CS rep to be adult behavior..

this behavior is deemed perfectly acceptable by reverb and is shoved under the rug. this seller has a perfect 5 star feedback and no one will ever be warned, yet I can bet they have and will continue to do this to their buyers because reverb allows and accepts this behavior. you can promise 24 hour shipping, ignore the buyer, and refund with no explanation a week later without ever shipping the item, then relist it for more money, and not be punished. i have done my part and warned people the best I can via social media outlets. i wish you luck should you continue to use their services.
Closed
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear