The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reverb Forcing Signature Requirements?
Old 14th July 2020
Reverb Forcing Signature Requirements?

Hey so I know many of you like me probably use Reverb.com to sell used gear on. I’ve gotten a couple complaints like “Why did you send this with Signature Requirement during Covid?”
I totally understand the customer being annoyed by this. Especially if they’re not home and the post office has to keep coming back the next day.
The thing is, Reverb.com has shipping protection but only if the item is check off as signature required. Does anyone remember if it was always this way?
Also, does anyone else think it’s ridiculous to force sellers to use signature requirements during the current crisis? I’ve reached out the Reverb for an explanation but got nowhere.
Old 14th July 2020
Lives for gear

The shipping companies have their own workarounds for contactless delivery even with signature required... so anybody complaining about it can go suck a donkey dong...

I’ve just finished a major upgrade and have been getting deliveries for the last two months of expensive stuff that required “signatures” from ups and FedEx... this usually boils down to them knocking on the door and making sure I’m a human man, confirming my last name and then they scribble something down on their digital pad
Old 11th August 2020
Lives for gear

With Covid there are far more people not going to stores and instead ordering a hell of a lot more stuff on line.

Delivery people are stressed and overworked so items without signature are way more likely now than in the past to be misdelivered.

I just ordered an audio interface last week and made the giant mistake of not making sure it was signature required, I kind of just assumed it would be I guess because it was a somewhat expensive item at $800. I also wasn't all that worried because I knew I would be home when it showed up so I knew it wasn't going to sit around on the doorstep and get grabbed by somebody.

So... I'm watching the tracking and the day it's supposed to show up starts slipping by. Morning no delivery, afternoon no delivery, 9pm still nothing and the tracking still claims "on truck, out for delivery."

The tracking looked good all the way across the country but I was figuring something went wrong on the final day and it was going to show up a day late for whatever reason but I figured what the hell and at 945pm decided to check the tracking on line one more time.

Now it says delivered at 910pm... WTF!?!?

I'm out in the dark searching in the bushes for an audio interface with the light on my phone and NOTHING.

No box anywhere, I'm checking the whole front yard, the neighbors houses... trying to look at people's porches but trying not to disturb anybody because now it's after 10pm. Nothing.

One last chance my wife suggests that I try the houses with the same number as ours on the two adjacent streets... It's of course dark as all fΩck at the houses around the ones that share numbers on the two streets and unfortunately I don't see anything.

Reported the package missing and went to sleep. I got up early the next morning and my wife says to me " I really think you should try those houses on the next streets over one more time now that it's light and you can see something.

Ok sure... one more try. We drive over and now I can see the number on the house and bingo a package that looks to be about the right size. Run over and bingo again, my name, my address, my package, wrong street!!!

Moral of the story... Make sure your packages are signature required and don't complain about businesses insisting that you have to sign for stuff. Oh, and listen to your wife.
Old 19th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Reverb has always forced signature required if you use Reverb protection. I never do this unless people ask, because I personally hate sig required with a passion. In the hundreds of packages I have both shipped and received it has never been a problem.

Fedex no longer even tries to deliver signature required packages in my area and this has started pre-covid. They will drive onto the street, sit there in the truck and then leave. No knock, doorbell, or even a slip. I have now caught them doing it.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear