The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Why do most online stored and ebay/reverb merchants still use UPS/Fedex?
Old 6th July 2020
Lives for gear

Why do most online stored and ebay/reverb merchants still use UPS/Fedex?

USPS - ALWAYS cheaper for EVERYTHING (except maybe very large boxes?). Priority takes 2 days. One, two, you got your stuff.

As a buyer I hate when they ship stuff with UPS/Fedex (free shipping is always 1-week 'economy') . Always a long, freaking week. Depending how bad you want to get your hands on the thing you ordered, it's always a torture.

When I buy on ebay or reverb, if the seller specifies UPS/Fedex I always ask them to ship with USPS instead and have them pocket the change ($30 UPS/Fedex shipping is usually $10-15 with USPS). I got quite a few that were surprised how much cheaper and faster it is with USPS and told me they'd never use UPS/Fedex again.
Old 6th July 2020
We order electronic parts from a number of different online merchants. One in particular is hard to deal with and the want to ship everything via USP or FEDEX. We ordered something from them a while back and it was less than a pound. They shipped it to us via UPS and the shipping cost was $30.00. The same package shipped via USPS would have been under $10.00. When I complained about the cost I was told that USP was "easier" for them to use as they came once a day and picked up the merchandise. We ship enough stuff on USPS for our Ebay store that we have a USPS representative who services our account. I called her and she contacted this company. Turns out they never investigated shipping by USPS and were unaware that the USPS will pickup the same as UPS. They are now using USPS, UPS and FEDEX and the customer has a choice. I also found out that the company's "shipping manager" had a deal going on the side with UPS and got a kick back for exclusively shipping with them. I wonder how many other companies have some sweet deal with UPS or other carriers. FWIW
Old 6th July 2020
Old 21st July 2020
Gear Addict

The worst is when they leave their little tag and don't even bother trying to ring you, forcing you to pay their ludicrous fees and making you drive out to the ass-end of nowhere in Industrial Park Hell to pick up your damn item. **** especially UPS, I've never had these types of issues with regular post and they make you pay a premium for it. Absolutely a supreme pain in the ass, they basically have no reason to care and it shows.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear