The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
**** you AKAI!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

**** you AKAI!

If anybody reading this had any plans to purchase an MPK series controllers of any kind, take my word for it. Forget about it.
I bought an Akai MPK261 and not only do the keys have uneven velocity, the D4, Db4, and D5 keys send MIDI info which stutters and will randomly refuse to work or sometimes will only send the lowest velocity midi.
Did my research, and it turns out thereโ€™s a motherload of people complaining they have the same problems as I do, or that the Mod wheel continuously fires random MIDI, or that the pitch bend stopped working, or that the USB midi has stopped functioning. This is a $500 keyboard!
All Akai has done to help is send template responses telling people to factory reset their keyboard when this is clearly not the adequate solution... what in the world?

Either way I canโ€™t speak about their other products (they make the best pads Iโ€™ll admit) but I advise everyone reading this to steer clear of their keyboards. Get a Keylab or an NI Kontrol instead
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Good timing. I was going to look at an mpk yesterday at Guitar Center until I saw the line of people waiting to get in the store. F*** that.

Must've been an omen.

I have a Panorama P4 and a keylab mkii in an online shopping cart at this moment. The mpk was also there until I just zapped it.

I like the low height of the keylab....but the pull is to delete that and go with the Nektar instead. Integration with Cubase means slightly more than getting a pile of free arturia sounds.

A weekend of lots of decisions.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I just bought the Keylab 61 MK2 myself, Iโ€™ll post my thoughts on it when I receive it
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
I was actually going to get the Akai Advance 61, till I realised no one seemed to sell it anymore. The last place that had it was Altomusic, shortly before the Covid-19 lockdowns started. So, after a lot of research, I too settled on the Arturia Keylab MkII, 61. The NI line looks really good too, but you lose a lot of the unique functionality with FL Studio. So...Arturia it is.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Just got my Keylab 61 Mk2, and everything is really good except for the pads... not nearly as responsive as those on the MPK, and a lot of my hihats are skipped when I play with swing. I tend to the play the "and" softer to give it a swing feel but the pads don't seem to be responsive enough to pick it up.
Hopefully they'll break in, and if not, I'll either have to get used to it or buy a dedicated pad controller.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlorach View Post
Just got my Keylab 61 Mk2, and everything is really good except for the pads... not nearly as responsive as those on the MPK, and a lot of my hihats are skipped when I play with swing. I tend to the play the "and" softer to give it a swing feel but the pads don't seem to be responsive enough to pick it up.
Hopefully they'll break in, and if not, I'll either have to get used to it or buy a dedicated pad controller.
No probs with the MPK-261 here. Pads a lot better than my MPD-32, and faders, buttons, and knobs for days, with the banking system.

Maybe a bad run, or some shipping damage?
๐Ÿ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
๐Ÿ–จ๏ธ Show Printable Version
โœ‰๏ธ Email this Page
๐Ÿ” Search thread
โ™พ๏ธ Similar Threads
๐ŸŽ™๏ธ View mentioned gear