The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I don't understand Amazon's shipping.
Old 4 weeks ago
I don't understand Amazon's shipping.

Normally when I order anything from Amazon it comes in an outer Amazon box and the equipment securely wrapped in bubble protectors inside the box.

Recently I ordered something that costs a good deal of money and instead of getting in an Amazon box I got it shipped in its own store shelf container and the container was not sealed.

What gives Amazon???

Also USPS left it in my front driveway with the item's picture facing the street for anyone passing by to see. How careless can one get??? I guess they are trying to save money...
Old 4 weeks ago
It all depends on who's filling the order. I've had original manufacturer's boxes sent before. Most of the time, they put the original box inside an Amazon box. Some people are more thoughtful in the way orders are boxed. Other's care less and when that happens, I call to complain and give them a piece of my mind.
Old 4 weeks ago
The stuff I get from Amazon directly is usually quite safely packaged (typically OVER-cautiously packaged). Stuff from their 'marketplace' sub-vendors, OTOH, can be all over the map -- which is why I always try to check user the star-rating of the potential source vendors before choosing one.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Remember years ago when many people of good conscience went to great lengths to avoid Walmart due to their objectionable business practices and their harmful impact on society?
And now here we are with Amazon, which is several orders of magnitude more nefarious and more at odds with our values as a society and yet everyone is proudly hooked to the machine like it is shangri-la.

I find it so strange. There is no stigma whatsoever associated with obsessively buying from Amazon like there has been with the other less than scrupulous behemoths of the past.

My neighbors for example are good, thoughtful people who have strong principles and are supportive of many good causes.
They have solar panels on their roof and yet about 5 times a day (generously speaking) a harried, grossly underpaid young man or woman pulls up in a gas guzzling, giant van and rushes to their door to deliver a single small package.
One at a time. One per van. Sometimes the giant vans get in each other's way on our narrow street as they rush to deliver single packages to the same house.
But they have solar panels because you know, they care about that kind of thing.

Sorry to go slightly off topic here but it is the moan zone. I don't think anyone will be too put out by a nested moan like this.
Or rather I am certain they will, but who cares? This is the moan zone! The place where people are put out by everything.
Old 2 weeks ago
Yes my next door neighbor has solar panels on her roof, drives a hybrid and does not use any fertilizer or chemicals on her lawn BUT she does leaves her lawnmower running while she answers her cell phone or goes in for a drink of water. I think it is called "selective do gooder syndrome" and lots of people in my town have it. It must be catching. I have one acquaintance who constantly tells everyone he is "saving the planet" by riding his bicycle, by having an "energy efficient" house and by only buying fresh produce from local farmers. He also has a 20 by 40 foot in ground pool which has a pump that runs constantly and he drives a very large gas guzzler car when he goes out of my city. I think the term "looking at their world through rose colored glasses" could be applied to lots of pseudo "ecologist". FWIW
Old 3 hours ago
Amazon shipping is getting really weird lately. I suppose a lot has to do with the COVID-19 pandemic but a lot has to do, IMHO, with Amazon just getting too big. I ordered some merchandise and it says "next day delivery" and shows that the item will be here the next day. The next time I sign onto Amazon it now says the item I ordered on the 2nd of July will not be here until the 12th or 14th of July. This same scenario has happened four times in the past week. I call and am told that their is no reason for the delay or that the merchandise is "not in stock" even though there was no notice that the stocks were running low. I really don't care when I get the items but at least tell me when I order that the item is in short supply so I can order something else. FWIW
πŸ“ Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear