The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Rant: UPS
Old 2nd June 2020
Rant: UPS

So, I previously purchased some new monitors (Dynaudio LYD 48)

However, they were defective and Dynaudio sent out a new pair for an exchange

They were expected to be delivered today via UPS

I tracked them and received a notification they would be delivered today by 5pm

Around 3:30pm I went to check my mailbox and get something from my car

To my surprise, on my door was a UPS sticker stating they attempted delivery and would try again tomorrow

I went onto the UPS website and was informed that a delivery attempt was made at my address at 3:15PM

NO F'G WAY was there a delivery attempt made at 3:15PM as I have been home all day and there was neither a knock on my door or a ring of my bell

Why exert the effort to get out of the truck and fill out the door tag yet not expend the extra calories to actually knock on the door or ring the bell so I could sign for the delivery?

Unfortunately, I cannot use UPS MyChoice to pre-sign for the delivery due to the value of the monitors

I will never understand the mindset of taking the time to place the sticker on the door yet not just delivering the package

Utterly ridiculous
Old 3rd June 2020
My normal UPS driver is great. He even gave me his personal cell phone number in case something was wrong. The same for my FedEx driver. OTOH the relief UPS driver comes to my door knocks once quietly and then if I don't answers leaves quickly with out leaving the package I am waiting for. I guess is is just the luck of the draw if you get someone who cares or doesn't care... FWIW
Old 4 weeks ago
That happened to me a couple of times. On one occasion I caught the UPS man walking up my driveway with a yellow sticker and not my package. When I opened up my door, he looked surprised and said he thought no one was home.

The idiot was just being lazy! He apologized and went to the truck and delivered my package.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
That happened to me a couple of times. On one occasion I caught the UPS man walking up my driveway with a yellow sticker and not my package. When I opened up my door, he looked surprised and said he thought no one was home.

The idiot was just being lazy! He apologized and went to the truck and delivered my package.

If they have to fill out a sticker and walk up to the door and slap it on there, why not just grab the package in the first place
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicEsquire View Post
If they have to fill out a sticker and walk up to the door and slap it on there, why not just grab the package in the first place
Exactly. I think the guy was just being lazy. It was a large box with a heavy synth in it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Wise man say: make sure your delivery person gets some sugar around the holidays
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

A few years ago I was waiting for a shipping to my residential address. I was tracking the package and I saw that it had been loaded on the truck for delivery. I have been waiting at home and I was a bit surprised at 7 or 8 o'clock in the evening the package was still not there. I opened their tracking system and it showed "The receiver requested a hold for a future delivery date UPS will attempt delivery on date requested ". I never requested a hold and in their system I couldn't see a new planned delivery date.
I immediately called UPS to ask for an explanation.
I have been told the package will only arrive the day after. I asked once more why is their message saying that I have put the package on hold and they answered that this is just an electronic message and that the package didn't arrive to the destination center. I then asked why on their tracking system I could see an arrival scan and a destination scan done at their destination center on the day before. They answered those are electronic messages unrelated to the physical position of the package. In that case I wonder what is their tracking system useful for...
At that point I firmly explained them I fully understand that what is in their system is what the sender sees. I told them I would contact the sender and let them know they were putting in their system fake messages, to make it seems like they were delivering on time while they obviously weren't (in my books that's a fraud).
The sender was a very big music store, so quite some business for them. I wrote that store an email and explained what happened.
The next morning around 8 o'clock my package arrived.... kind of strange as they normally deliver later to residential addresses....
Since then I always ask for DHL, never had a problem with them.
Also, many UPS drivers are driving like assholes, for my own safety I prefer not to see them on the roads...

Last edited by JEK3; 1 week ago at 02:47 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post

Wow! I’ve had them do the same. One time, I put the wrong apartment number on a package and I guess they figured that part out but still went ahead and returned it to sender because they said they said I refused delivery.

So, I’m like, if the address is wrong, then how could I have denied delivery? They came up with some story of how the sender said that if delivery was not possible, it had to be returned. And this chain of events all happened in like 30 minutes: going from wrong address, to refusal of delivery, to return to sender. And, of course, I couldn’t do anything to stop the package from being sent back. As far as UPS’s system said, it as latest scanned to go back like two hours after the whole delivery debacle.

UPS is horrible.
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear