The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
UA is incredibly underpowered
Old 2 weeks ago
UA is incredibly underpowered

So I have an X6 a twin an octo and a quad. Thats over 5k in ua hardware. and mixing at 96K with a reasonable amount of plugs (17) I tried adding an 18th and it was like nahhhhhh. this should not be an issue. but it is. I just can't believe that these processors are so pitifully underpowered. I should have just went with all native based plugs. They probably buy these 20 year old sharc chips for 25 cents and sell them for thousands and we still invest in them. Ughhhhhhh

I should say that I love the sound of it all. but COME ON!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Depends on the plugins you’re using...and 96k can be taxing.

I have 8-10 chips at any given location, I don’t have an issue with processing power - but I’m generally using the verbs and occasional insert processing - and at 48k.

You pays your money and takes your choice...you’d run into the same limitations on any system, including native eventually.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

OP, unless there is a reason you really need 96K (most people do it for latency, which is less of an issue with UAD Console), work at 48K with a high bitrate. That'll help your DSP considerably.

In a typical mix about 1/3 of my plugins in use are UAD (typically verbs, a few comps, tape sim, etc) and I'm fine with only 6 cores. On the few occasions where I am working at 96K, DSP (not just UAD but Mac CPU) is ALWAYS a problem if the session is large.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search