The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I can’t access PayPal, so can’t list on eBay. Help!
Old 2 weeks ago
I can’t access PayPal, so can’t list on eBay. Help!

I have some used MOTU gear to sell on eBay, which I haven’t used in a couple of years. The pictures and listing are all prepared, but I can’t start the listing because I can’t open PayPal. I haven’t used PayPal since I used eBay. I don’t think I closed it, but I can’t get in to it. It won’t accept the password I have, it won’t allow me to enter a new password, it won’t allow me to open a new account. I’m stuck in a loop. When I try to list on eBay, it won’t start the listing because of a problem with... you guessed it, my PayPal account.
Neither eBay or PayPal are reachable by phone or email right now. When I try to report the problem on EBay, the site wants my password, which doesn’t work.
Any ideas?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

It doesn't give you the option of resetting your password and sending you an email with a temporary sign-in after answering security questions, or something like that?
Old 2 weeks ago
No. When I attempt to log in, I get a message that reads:
“Sorry, we can’t log you in. If you think there is a problem with your account, CONTACT US and we’ll help you resolve it.”
When I click on CONTACT US, it gives me options of FAQs. At the bottom of that page, it has another CONTACT US option. When I click on that, it wants me to log in, which doesn’t work and results in the same “Sorry..” message. I appear to be in an impossible loop.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

So I have "Having trouble logging in?" on my screen before I type anything. If you click that you get the message you quoted, is that correct?

The only other thing I can think of as far as logging in or resetting the password is to try a different 'path', like the smartphone app instead. Perhaps if you use it you get different options.

And then as for creating a new account - I'm assuming you tried that with a different email address and so forth, yes? I'm betting that if you're using the same email it'll expect the same login info.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
I have some used MOTU gear to sell on eBay, which I haven’t used in a couple of years. The pictures and listing are all prepared, but I can’t start the listing because I can’t open PayPal. I haven’t used PayPal since I used eBay. I don’t think I closed it, but I can’t get in to it. It won’t accept the password I have, it won’t allow me to enter a new password, it won’t allow me to open a new account. I’m stuck in a loop. When I try to list on eBay, it won’t start the listing because of a problem with... you guessed it, my PayPal account.
Neither eBay or PayPal are reachable by phone or email right now. When I try to report the problem on EBay, the site wants my password, which doesn’t work.
Any ideas?
Remember when you could use eBay without PayPal, and buyers would send you a Postal Money order before shipping? (1999) Yeah, Im dating myself!!

Anyway, try Reverb, I think buyers are more professional there.
Old 2 weeks ago
Thanks everyone. After another couple of frustrating hours this morning trying to wrestle “ebaypal”, I gave up and listed on Reverb.
From the “sold” listings on both sites, I think my old MOTU 424 PCIe card and interfaces would get more interest on eBay.
Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search