The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Wanna laugh a little? Watch this dude
Old 3 weeks ago
  #1
Gear Maniac
 

Wanna laugh a little? Watch this dude

Old 3 weeks ago
  #2
Lives for gear
 
myles's Avatar
 

Nothing worse than bleed from 5 - 7kHz. I hate that.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 
andersmv's Avatar
 

“Comments are turned off”. That about sums it up, . Not sure what that video was trying to accomplish, it’s always an amature move to sit there and pick at frequency plots (I saw guys like this all the time when I was working at a recording school). This isn’t the best profession to get into if you just want to sit around and pick apart specs, you have to get out and use your ears eventually...

I’ll give him this much, the guy puts out videos like nobodies business! He spits out videos faster than Land Before Time movies!

Last edited by andersmv; 3 weeks ago at 04:52 PM..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #4
Gear Maniac
 

I particularly like the part where he says and I quote: "THAT'S HOW WELL INFORMED I AM ABOUT THIS SH*T"
Old 3 weeks ago
  #5
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersmv View Post
“Comments are turned off”. That about sums it up, . Not sure what that video was trying to accomplish, it’s always an amature move to sit there and pick at frequency plots (I saw guys like this all the time when I was working at a recording school). This isn’t the best profession to get into if you just want to sit around and pick apart specs, you have to get out and use your ears eventually...

I’ll give him this much, the guy puts out videos like nobodies business! He spits out videos faster than Land Before Time movies!
+1

I was doing a recording workshop at a music store and a guy in the audience started in quoting spec sheet numbers and asking me what I thought. I told him that numbers on a sheet of paper meant nothing to me. I told him I plugged in the mic and listened and THEN decided if I like the sound for the source.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #6
He’s well informed I see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfghdhr View Post
I particularly like the part where he says and I quote: "THAT'S HOW WELL INFORMED I AM ABOUT THIS SH*T"
Old 2 weeks ago
  #7
Lives for gear
 
TVPostSound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfghdhr View Post
I particularly like the part where he says and I quote: "THAT'S HOW WELL INFORMED I AM ABOUT THIS SH*T"
From his bedroom at Moms house!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #8
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound View Post
From his bedroom at Moms house!!!
Talking into a $150 AKG.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #9
Lives for gear
 
horseface's Avatar
Watching this and his other videos, he genuinely seems a bit mentally ill.

And I feel uncomfortable seeing his bed in the background.
Old 2 weeks ago
  #10
500 series nutjob
 
pan60's Avatar
 

laugh a little?
i am still LMAO!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #11
Lives for gear
 
TVPostSound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by myles View Post
Nothing worse than bleed from 5 - 7kHz. I hate that.

In his eyes the U67 should really bother him!!

Old 2 weeks ago
  #12
Lives for gear
 
Fay Smearing's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
Watching this and his other videos, he genuinely seems a bit mentally ill.

And I feel uncomfortable seeing his bed in the background.

There's probably an audience watching it as an ASMR video.


Old 2 weeks ago
  #13
Lives for gear
 

I'll bet my u87 he's a Virgin
Old 2 weeks ago
  #14
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevon View Post
I'll bet my u87 he's a Virgin
Old 2 weeks ago
  #15
DSK
Lives for gear
 
DSK's Avatar
I stumbled upon this channel and it was a surreal disturbing and very strange experience.

I have a couple of theories of whats happening:

1. It's a channel to farm from gullible viewers via amazon affiliate purchases (the name of the channel is as of now Recommendations in Description which is filled with said links.

2. He actually believes that a spec sheet is fully representative of the quality of a piece of gear, which is a sign of a cognitive disorder

3. Both

Check his favorite videos as well for more weirdness (like the 50 views c414 unboxing at the very end from the vaping guy)

Something about all this makes me very uneasy
Old 4 days ago
  #16
Gear Addict
 
hcppp's Avatar
"I do video requests for 5+ dollar donations. If you are a business I am possibly interested."
Old 1 day ago
  #17
I wish he'd allow for likes/dislikes, I have wondered to be honest for a while if this guy is a troll just having a laugh, what's hilarious is how he's giving advice based on just looking at frequency charts instead of actual first hand experience of the microphones he's talking about...
Old 1 day ago
  #18
Gear Guru
 
Drumsound's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist View Post
I wish he'd allow for likes/dislikes, I have wondered to be honest for a while if this guy is a troll just having a laugh, what's hilarious is how he's giving advice based on just looking at frequency charts instead of actual first hand experience of the microphones he's talking about...
Those people exist.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump