The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
What has the Sony price come to!!!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

What has the Sony price come to!!!!

These greed monsters are something else. How do they price these more then a u47 telefunken lol: Don't get me wrong its a nice mic but going for a down payment on a house or a new car is disgusting.

I wonder do they know that the mic isn't actually discontinued just at a stand still due to the parts fiscal.........
Attached Thumbnails
What has the Sony price come to!!!!-capturesony.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

You could always cheat, but I'm sure it's not as good as the Sony.
Attached Thumbnails
What has the Sony price come to!!!!-ga-800g.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
I'll sell mine for 12k, bargain!
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellohead View Post
I'll sell mine for 12k, bargain!

How is this a bargain when there hasn’t been a C800G sold at the 25k price point lol? It's funny how sellers are using that price point to claim bargains when it’s still price gauging at an absurd level in asking for anything over 10k for this item. The mic at best has been going for around 6-7.7k maybe 10k at best based on year and condition since the top of the year when the last one was sold in Dec of 2019.

Furthermore the mic hasn’t been discontinued it’s encountered a production stoppage due to the tube dilemma and I bet the COVID outbreak hitting Japan is going to prolong that process even further. There hasn’t been an official statement online given from Sony stating the mic has been discounted just panic and hearsay amongst forum boards. You can still get the tubes in Europe but at a hefty price point.

The most I would offer for this mic at this point would be 7.5k. Good luck in your journey with selling your Sony C800G it’s a beautiful mic.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosensi View Post
How is this a bargain when there hasn’t been a C800G sold at the 25k price point lol?
Sounds like another first world problem.

All it takes is one person to buy it at the price and the price point is set.

Its a pretty simple solution...if you can't afford you don't buy it and use something else. Or heck just rent it. Your accountant will love the money you save and you can write it off your taxes.

If you got the scratch, then you buy it, you get to work and move on to what's next.

There is no regulatory body to suggest what's fair for people to sell their own personal property for. Its up to them and the buyer. I wouldn't want someone telling me what i can or can't sell equipment for.
Old 3 weeks ago
There are people selling CVS 91% alcohol on Ebay for $95.00 for two 16 oz bottles. The price from CVS is $2.59 each. Talk about a markup.

If someone wants something badly enough they will pay what the seller wants to charge. If not then there is no sale.

Vintage mics are going for a premium right now. I guess the seller is hoping he can snare a buyer with more money than brains. FWIW
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosensi View Post
How is this a bargain when there hasn’t been a C800G sold at the 25k price point lol? It's funny how sellers are using that price point to claim bargains when it’s still price gauging at an absurd level in asking for anything over 10k for this item. The mic at best has been going for around 6-7.7k maybe 10k at best based on year and condition since the top of the year when the last one was sold in Dec of 2019.

Furthermore the mic hasn’t been discontinued it’s encountered a production stoppage due to the tube dilemma and I bet the COVID outbreak hitting Japan is going to prolong that process even further. There hasn’t been an official statement online given from Sony stating the mic has been discounted just panic and hearsay amongst forum boards. You can still get the tubes in Europe but at a hefty price point.

The most I would offer for this mic at this point would be 7.5k. Good luck in your journey with selling your Sony C800G it’s a beautiful mic.
Oh I was joking, I'd never sell that ****!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Asking for $25k and GETTING $25k are two very, very different things!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Apple business model?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
Asking for $25k and GETTING $25k are two very, very different things!
Bought it! Needed a backup.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Theres one on eBay on sale, only $24,999.00
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound View Post
Theres one on eBay on sale, only $24,999.00
"Hey I'm giving you a deal"
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict
25k on the Sony but the song I'm editing now, the vintage u67 has never been a better fit on my voice, sounds ****ing incredible. I may grab a u67 reissue after this even though it won't be as nice.

If you guys are ever in the Santa monica area, go to 4th street recording and try out their vocal chain if you're a singer. the u67 there and the whole vocal chain that they have, with the Neve Pulteq and LA3A, it's incredible. All that is cheaper than 25k too!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search