The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Be CAREFUL using ebay during COVID
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Be CAREFUL using ebay during COVID

I just lost a case for a busted item.
There no support right now,.

I do a claim, I upload return tracking, buyer gets item back, signs for it.

I loose the case for not uploading tracking then get an email saying they have limited staff but my claim is denied? After uploading the tracking and calling twenty times. (I called and emailed over 20 times)

Just saying be careful, they are not helping and their customer support is not working, limited, useless right now.
Be careful with ebay and paypal during covid!
Old 4 weeks ago
I always feel a little on edge when using eBay. Unfortunately sometimes you can get burned.

I still use it from time to time when stuff is no longer available from retail. It's a gamble for sure. In fact I'm waiting for an order. It was shipped via Fedex and scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Wish me good luck.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for snowflakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Guru View Post
It's a gamble for sure. [...] Wish me good luck.
Okay, Break a leg then!
I guess that in the final analysis, you can either practice social distancing or ya can go over to somebody's house and kick their ass...

...But ya can't do both at the same time!
Old 4 weeks ago
The last three items I purchased off of Ebay were non functional or broken and one went up in smoke. Sellers said that the items were in "perfect working order" but that was not the case. The item that went up in smoke was 20+ years old and when it arrived the cassette door on the front was broken. Also it did not work at all. After spending some time we finally got the door fixed and the unit working only to have it go up in smoke due to a faulty capacitor across the AC line. The seller gave us back the money and told us to "keep the unit". The other two units were DOA and we were able to get our money back. If someone says an item is in "perfect working order" I guess I expect it will work when we get it. Ebay was, as usual, less than helpful but at least we got our money back. FWIW
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yesterday, I ordered video switching gear and an I7 from Amazon.

Last night, I hear Amaxon and Fedex are going out on strike.
Old 4 weeks ago
I lucked out big time. My item arrived in mint condition. My only gripe was having to pay a premium because the item is no longer being manufactured. Good for the collection, hurtful for the wallet.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Im out $1100. Last night got a call from the Freight company and I had to pay $250 for delivery, signed by the seller from sellers address.

He denide getting it, paypal said I failed to comply uploading tracking, on a large item it went freight not tracking,
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search