The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Leaving the forum, and this is why ...
Old 3 weeks ago
Deleted b788fee
Leaving the forum, and this is why ...

I’ve decided to delete my account here. While originally I wasn’t going to write a “goodbye post” — mostly out of respect for the moderator who asked me to join more than 10 years ago — I feel unable to comply with that impulse.

You could say the underlying reasons for deleting my account were brewing for years: fewer and fewer posts from me and more lurking because of less relevant content and more and more of the constant “new synth” carousel and its inherent consumerism. To me, that’s not “creating music” nor is it even a love of synths and synthesis.

But none of that is reason to delete an account. The way this forum silences legitimate criticism or even acknowledgement of Behringer’s crappy conduct is.

Their latest incident(s) involving the “Corksniffer Synth” is just simply unbelievable that a multinational corporation would single out and go to the lengths it did to attack an individual in the synth community; followed by a “half apology” that’s since been deleted. Because there’s no way to address this — even in the bowels of the forum, The Moan Zone — simply means I cannot stay here.

As it is, I’m mostly at ease about leaving but not without also thanking those that contributed to my knowledge of synths and synthesis. Much of it happened here. But the reality is, this forum has no lock on that knowledge, and I’m pleased to venture on without its day-to-day influence.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
bye!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Zero respect for you and those with your way of thinking.

Consumers have been abusive bullies forever, hiding behind "customer always right" philosophy. More often than not the source of an issue is not a bad product but customer not understanding it or how to use it and posting negative (not deserved) damaging feedback.

With internet this went into overdrive. People feel entitled to crap left and right. Manufacturers are supposed to just give you the other cheek?

I don't support that notion. I think if you kick a product or company, it should have a right to kick you back if our opinion is misinformed or based on personal hate. Everybody should have a right to defend themselves.

I applaud B for taking a stance against abusive internet trolls who feel they're invinsible because they're customers and then when they get hit back with the taste of their own medicine they turn into these whiny, pathetic "offended" crybabies. I despise them.

Whatever us going on between B and the other person, I find it funny. I find it even more despicable the crybabies are trying to bring semitism into this with their pathetic slithering tactics. It's funny and disgusting at the same time.

No apology was needed for that one. It was good.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I pooped my pants.
Old 3 weeks ago
we won't miss your entitled ass, good RIDDANCE sir!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Who is this who left? JC
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
Who is this who left? JC
Whoever it is, it's like he has a front-pew seat at his own funeral. Gotta be weird.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Diametro
Old 3 weeks ago
So... do people not know what the issue was -- or is it something else?

I get it that we're not supposed to talk about politics here -- and I think that is, by and large, a very good rule; but a former member is being insulted because he apparently got mad at what is widely regarded in the journalism community as blatant anti-semitism. That said, it's entirely possible that folks don't know the context.

Last edited by theblue1; 3 weeks ago at 03:54 AM..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
So... do people not know what the issue was -- or is it something else?

I get it that we're not supposed to talk about politics here -- and I think that is, by and large, a very good rule; but a former member is being insulted because he apparently got mad at what is widely regarded in the journalism community as blatant anti-semitism. That said, it's entirely possible that folks don't know the context.
Isn’t the censorship of all posts critical about Behringer enough?

The mall cop heavy handedness is a bit crazy around these parts, but that’s why they’re paid the big $$$, right?

Old 2 weeks ago
Having been a moderator elsewhere, I tend to reserve criticism of individual mods or the jobs they're required to do. They have a very difficult, very un-fun job (and, I don't know about here, but it is often unpaid work on many forums). And, since I'm not privy to the particulars of this site, how it's run, or the challenges it may face in surviving and thriving, I don't feel qualified to weigh in there, either.

But I'd seen some articles on the topic and, while I wondered if our departed colleague might be overreacting with regard to his membership here, it seemed to me from some subsequent comments, that some people might not have realized the particular nature of what he was upset about.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue1 View Post
... some people might not have realized the particular nature of what he was upset about.
That seems clear.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search