The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Why is it when I decide to buy something used it disappears everywhere?
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Addict

Why is it when I decide to buy something used it disappears everywhere?

Happens all the time to me. All the freaking time.

Case in point: trying to buy a set of particular cheap monitors. They used to be a dime of dozen. Ebay, reverb, GC had dozens of them for years. They're as common as Rokits. The moment I've finally decided to buy them - all gone. All of them. Not a single pair to be seen for like 2 weeks now. From 100s to zero in a single moment when I made up my mind.

Microphones, interfaces, most common junk I need promptly disappears from Craigslist the second I do a search with intention to buy. When I'm just browsing - half of CL instruments section will be microphones and interfaces, sitting there for weeks unsold. The second I want to buy - all gone, just guitars and pedals left.

All the freaking time.
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

Seriously, take a shower and use the soap this time.
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Addict

Like me, no one likes you?

g
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Addict

There's definitely a conspiracy.
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear
“The world” has no overarching intelligence. It has no ability to care in any sense about you. What you are experiencing is random chance and the intersection between your expectations and reality. Sometimes an individual just happens to be stretched out in the traffic lane when the rubber meets the road.
Old 2nd March 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushman View Post
“The world” has no overarching intelligence. It has no ability to care in any sense about you. What you are experiencing is random chance and the intersection between your expectations and reality. Sometimes an individual just happens to be stretched out in the traffic lane when the rubber meets the road.
Thank you for reassuring. I was pretty much sure it was a part of God's plan.
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear
De nada. Vaya con yourself.
Old 2nd March 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Greg View Post
Thank you for reassuring. I was pretty much sure it was a part of God's plan.
I never could figure out if God honors electricity. If the sales go your way on acoustic stuff then that's the message

But yeah I think there is a string theory mode on good and bad "luck". The best thing I did was to start using a ToDo list on my desktop. I put in the top 20 plugins I wanted and strange how it appears that by magic.,
I have to run an errand, BIAB
Old 4 weeks ago
you've conned yourself into the belief that you're unlucky? my brother is like this, then he only spots what's unlucky, it's like training your brain to spot red, try it and you'll notice only things that are red.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencilextremist View Post
you've conned yourself into the belief that you're unlucky? my brother is like this, then he only spots what's unlucky, it's like training your brain to spot red, try it and you'll notice only things that are red.
I'm not unlucky. Aliens abduct sellers with the stuff I want. Duh.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

They all laughed when I said I'd become a comedian. Well, they're not laughing now - Bob Monkhouse
Old 4 weeks ago
I LOVE it when people take stuff in the moan zone so seriously.

Just kidding, I find it obnoxious. That's my moan for the day.
Old 4 weeks ago
Don't go chasing waterfalls, stick to the caves and under-bridges you used to.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Bad karma. Stop kicking puppies.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Hey brother, you’re not alone, for me there’s always a price hike. I thought about it and discovered that the reason I discovered the said item was through popular you tube video that others like myself are watching so we all have the same reaction causing such run and price hike on said item.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I'm with you man, I've been slowly adding to my mic collection over time and saw MXL V67G mics all around for 40 AUD (25 US or smth) but now that I'm actually considering getting some (to mod) they shoot up to 120.
I mean, I did just buy 4 CM-H8C multipattern condensers for 30 USD each and a GT-67 for 220 USD so I guess it's just noticing my bad luck on some things and ignoring my good luck on others.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search