The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Uli Behringer, are you purposely killing Midas?
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Uli Behringer, are you purposely killing Midas?

Is Uli Behringer trying to destroy his professional brands? You can't reach ANY support over phone which for touring engineers means these products are absolutely useless. WTF is happening over there?

He preaches about how customers are more important than his employees and "leaders" yet we are treated awful!! It's great he's invested so much resources into his synth division but what about pro audio? Are we too small of market to give a s*** about? Not enough profit to be made to afford another yacht?

Mr. Behringer, have you not seen the comments circling facebook? People are dropping Midas as fast as they can. Everyday there are more negative posts and frankly I'm embarrassed for being a Midas advocate. No longer will I come to your brands defense. I love the pro2 but I can't trust Midas support WHEN not IF something fails. The new HD96 looks great and I want check it out but who knows if it will ever get released! If it does it will already be old tech.

Look at your competitors. People choose them because the brands take of us and offer round the clock support. They all do. Except you. That is so much more than important than the cost.

We're sick of this s***.

Sincerely,
Future digico/avid/ssl/soundcraft/yamaha/a&h user
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Even the frontline support is terrible...have you tried to use the totally fragmented music tribe forms lately? Useless. Funny how the company can absolutely kick ass on some fronts and others languish.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
I tried to get customer support from music tribe for two products and the response was absolutely terrible, i spoke to an agent called Matthew H and he didn’t help at all, basically said my unit was working fine and the issue was normal behavior when it wasn't.
In the end i took the unit apart myself and fixed the tuning without Professional advise. I just couldn't waist any more time with unproductive emails to music tribe. Its clearly set up make the customer give up on asking for help.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdsmc View Post
Is Uli Behringer trying to destroy his professional brands?
Since when is Behringer equating to proffesional?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVPostSound View Post
Midas was a pro brand before Behringer bought them out.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
My point exactly!!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Fyne Audio is, apparently, some or most of the original design team that used to be at Tannoy.

The Fyne Audio F3-12 subwoofer review at AVForums states this in the intro - https://www.avforums.com/reviews/fyn...r-review.16042

Also, anecdotally, from the second post in this thread there about another speaker model:

Quote:
I spoke with the guy at Peter Tyson about this brand when ordering my new Tannoys and he was very positive about them. He did mention that they were designed by the team who used to work for Tannoy and basically they could be regarded as the next evolution of the XT series. Apparently Tannoy were not interested in future development so the team upped sticks and created Fyne Audio.
https://www.avforums.com/threads/fyn...-f501.2221680/
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
To be fair, the X32 is about a professionally ubiquitous in the industry as black jeans and a Leatherman. It has probably generated more revenue for sound companies than any big boards...just not as “cool.”
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

My point is that @ Uli Behringer is watching his brands die. The people I can reach at Midas and Labgruppen are always competent and helpful for the most part but you have to reach them on their personal facebook pages!

I've created an account at their new (awful) website and STILL waiting a reply for a part. What happens when one of us needs urgent support??

I just can't believe what I'm witnessing. I'm hoping that Uli doesnt realize what hes doing and can help change things. A forum works fine for a tc pedal or a synth but that business model DOESNT APPLY FOR US PROS.

Will the WING have the same S***** support? They're going to be everywhere. Videos and forums are not going to sell mixers. HD will never take off if theres no support. No one will buy it.

I cant believe I have to state this. M*****F*****s.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:

I'm bringing up @@ Uli Behringer because it's his company. Music tribe is his. He obviously cares deeply for his synth passion and I think it's great! I'm not a synth player but he's pushing other manufacturers to revisit their old models because theres a large demand for nostalgia.

WHY WONT HE GET WITH THE PROGRAM FOR HIS PRO DIVISION. Who is in control over there???

I was at NAMM. Their HD and Wing was at some random booth, on stage stands or something and there was no one there to talk about it. A couple sales guys that knew nothing about how either of them worked just sitting there static. It was embarrassing.

I was embarrassed.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

Hi turdsmc,

I’m Chase McKnight, I work in Solutions for Music Tribe and handle much of the operational technical support, system designs, and training for Midas, Lake, Labgruppen, Turbosound, Klark Teknik as well as Behringer.

With regards to the HD96, we’re very excited about this new, exciting console range and have every intention of supporting it in a top-tier manner. It’s currently still in its beta phase and I’m fortunate enough to have a pre-production unit myself. Once finished I’m sure you’ll think it’s quite amazing.

We have been going through a digital transformation in our company (new CRM system and new processes using Microsoft Dynamics) to help streamline for an even better customer experience. 

Our current support structure is through the Community platform (community.musictribe.com). Community is a forum whereby when you begin typing a question you may find that your question has already been answered either from a knowledge base article (which is constantly growing daily) or from a previous discussion, thus saving you time. FYI, Community is linked to all of our brands via the ‘Support’ tab. You’ll be immediately redirected and there’s even a pop-up for creating a ‘Care Ticket’ as well as a video that details this process.

If your question hasn’t been already answered, you simply create an account, and send us a message where it will be answered in a timely manner. 

From the end-user’s perspective, you’ll see the exact progress of your inquiry. Our typical turnaround for Midas, for example, is under a day.

Many of us still have the capacity of telephone support. We understand the needs of touring engineers such as yourself and still have avenues for immediate support.

Please DM me your information and I’d be happy to discuss further. Feel free to introduce yourself as well, so we can get to know you, too.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Music tribe customer support is a joke
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Man, it’s really a shame too. I have been a pretty big Midas advocate myself. I’ve thought the acquisition had actually been good in some respects. Putting Midas preamps(which I love) into some neat and versatile digital mixers like the m32, but alas, if the build quality goes to **** and they don’t offer meaningful support, that’s really disappointing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Not very Pro to sell out.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

To update everyone, I never did hear from the OP. My colleague Esteban Meyer also DM’d him and received no response. It’s interesting that his account was created recently and each of his posts are negative to our brands.

As I mentioned, we’ve been transitioning to a new CRM system globally and, yes, it’s had its share of challenges. This has affected our 24/7 tour support lines but rest assured they’ll be up and running very soon. Regardless of your time zone you will be able to reach someone for urgent assistance.

Built quality has been the same since I started in the company nearly 8 years ago. The new M32-LIVE consoles are the same as the original M32 with the exception of updated surface buttons for greater daylight visibility. For the sake of longevity, we’ve even modified how the faders behave — by slowing them down, this reduces fader ‘chatter’ as well as general wear & tear. However, if you don’t like it, you can still revert back to the original “fast” fader motor speed.

Again, if anyone needs assistance, please contact me. If I can’t help, I’ll put you in touch with someone who can.

Chase McKnight
Customer Solution
Music Tribe Services NV
www.musictribe.com

Last edited by Chase McKnight; 1 week ago at 03:34 PM.. Reason: Signature wouldn't populate
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase McKnight View Post
It’s interesting that his account was created recently and each of his posts are negative to our brands.
If it’s any consolation, my account was created many years ago and I think all your brands are husks of their former selves. I avoid them all.

Old 6 days ago
As digital consoles get more and more complex it maybe necessary for every touring band to have a board specific certified tech support person traveling with the band. We live in a complex age and technology is only getting more complicated. FOH, monitor engineers and roadies may not be able to do their jobs without support from an on location tech support person OR digital consoles will have to have self diagnostics built in that will allow the console to tell the operator what is wrong and how to fix it.

I recently worked on repairing a Digico console that had been rained upon. I had to do a factory reset of the entire console and the engineers from Digico were more than helpful. The engineer I talked to said he spends a lot of his time answering tech support questions from people on the road and that a lot of them are not even sure what questions to ask.

I guess something is going to have to change and soon.

FWIW
Old 6 days ago
Gear Head

While I don’t share Horseface’s blunt opinion...my lowly M32 has been a tank...I do understand that there is a huge gap in consumer expectations between support for the Behringer x and Midas M lines as compared to the PRO. If I had a PRO in my stable I’d expect to have the number of a rep who can get back to me within an hour, tops. If not, I’d be very hesitant to bring a weak support link into my workflow.

Also...the MT Midas forums are not the place for pro support. It’s full of people who can’t get their XR18 to connect to their iPad, or people using stage boxes with unshielded CAT4. It’s not professional level. Canon has a completely different support system for $250 point and shoot cameras and $140,000 broadcast cameras...this is no different.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

If you are planning on going into the war zone and transporting any Music Tribe related gear... with the lower price point if your life depends on it working...you should simply BUY A SPARE!
Old 22 hours ago
Gear Maniac

I think that he is just killing the competition to sell his mediocre mixers more.
If you cannot compete, you buy them and crush them.
This man can achieve this and more.

PS: It's curious that any Beh critic thread finish on Moan Zone.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search