The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Soundtoys Customer Service
Old 7th December 2019
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
JOliver's Avatar
 

Soundtoys Customer Service

This has to be the absolute worst company in existence as far as customer service is concerned. I bought their bundle tues and when I put in the activation code it said “no redemptions available”. I have since emailed the company about 7 times trying to get an activation code as well as called and DMd them on Instagram. They have time to post on fb but apparently don’t have time to respond to paying customer emails. I have talked to at least 5 others with the same problem and they haven’t responded to one of them either. There were multiple posts on their social media about these problems and they went through and deleted every post that had anything negative to say and anyone with a gripe about the plugs not working. They may be great plugins but this is the absolute worst customer service I’ve ever dealt with. Either refund me or send me a working activation code it takes two seconds!
Old 7th December 2019
  #2
Lives for gear
 

Oh, the 3758th “worst company” thread. There are definitely too many “worst” on this planet.
Old 9th December 2019
  #3
Never had a problem raising customer service, and I’ve had to a few times for different reasons over the past 10 years or so! Sorry you’re having issues...maybe wait until the whole Black Friday buzz settles down?

It’s most likely the person in charge of social media isn’t the person in charge of tech support - the roles are different - so it doesn’t really mean anything.

You’ll get it sorted out, just a little patience! Believe me - there are worse software companies.
Old 10th December 2019
  #4
Gear Maniac
 
JOliver's Avatar
 

Just take a look at their Facebook I’m not the only one. I’ve talked to a ton of people who think they are being scammed. Either way it doesn’t take over a week to get someone a working activation code. I’ve sent around 8 emails now and have called the seemingly disconnected tech support line over and over with no help or communication from them whatsoever. Hopefully they do the right thing and give me an even deeper discount or something else to make up for this debacle but I doubt it.
Old 11th December 2019
  #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOliver View Post
Just take a look at their Facebook I’m not the only one. I’ve talked to a ton of people who think they are being scammed. Either way it doesn’t take over a week to get someone a working activation code. I’ve sent around 8 emails now and have called the seemingly disconnected tech support line over and over with no help or communication from them whatsoever. Hopefully they do the right thing and give me an even deeper discount or something else to make up for this debacle but I doubt it.
Sorry to hear that. It’s just not typical for them. Maybe something has gone wrong in their process, and they’re just overwhelmed?
Old 11th December 2019
  #6
Ps looking at their FB it’s you and a couple of others (the same complete lack of understanding of the difference between social media and tech support teams...how dumb are people?!)...and someone reporting a virus issue which is almost certainly a case of false positives. It’s hardly an epidemic - although I agree the lack of response isn’t acceptable.
Old 11th December 2019
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
JOliver's Avatar
 

Well when they are posting on social media and not responding to support tickets it’s pretty infuriating. Especially after a solid week of emails. They deleted all the complaints on their Instagram so you can’t see them too! Believe me there were a lot more. That being said they finally rectified the situation after 8 days of waiting and sent me a working code tonight. Still pretty absurd if you ask me
Old 11th December 2019
  #8
Gear Maniac
 

Hey I'm going to be really honest... this year our marketing has gotten ahead of our support capabilities. Black Friday has been way more successful than we expected, and we are currently about a week behind answering support questions. Everyone here feels really bad about it, and are working as hard as they can, but it's been a long crazy slog through the Black Friday storm and everyone here is a bit worn out and tired. We are doing our best to get back to everyone! We appreciate your patience and also understand how frustrating it is to not get a quick response when something goes wrong. Please accept my personal apology for this. I don't consider this an acceptable level of customer service, and I will do everything I can to help get everyone taken care of as soon as possible. As for social media... we will remove posts for promos that are no longer active, but we don't intentionally delete any comments from our customers, either positive or negative. It's not always fun hearing criticism, but that's the only way for us to fix the things that need fixing.
2
Share
Old 11th December 2019
  #9
Well - there you have it!

Thanks @ KBToys for the prompt reply
1
Share
Old 11th December 2019
  #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOliver View Post
Well when they are posting on social media and not responding to support tickets it’s pretty infuriating. Especially after a solid week of emails. They deleted all the complaints on their Instagram so you can’t see them too! Believe me there were a lot more. That being said they finally rectified the situation after 8 days of waiting and sent me a working code tonight. Still pretty absurd if you ask me
to be fair, you can bet your rep on it - every year around Black Friday, SOMEONE has a moan about a company. Or it's around NAMM or something, where small companies have a lot of their staff on site.

It happens. 8 days may not be great, but it's at least sorted now.
1
Share
Old 11th December 2019
  #11
Gear Maniac
 

(deleted response)

Sorry OP, I didn't read your post carefully.
Old 11th December 2019
  #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by N1Greg View Post
Did you try to call ST? They have a phone number, you know. If there's the slowest way to get a problem solved, it's doing the millennial stuff, twitting outrages and complaining on forums instead of being adults and, like, talking to other adults.
In his defence- he says he did in the first post, and fourth post too.

Whilst one could argue waiting only a few days at a busy time of year is a bit impatient, he has actually tried all the other points of contact - I don't think it's fair to talk down to him!
Old 11th December 2019
  #13
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
In his defence- he says he did in the first post, and fourth post too.

Whilst one could argue waiting only a few days at a busy time of year is a bit impatient, he has actually tried all the other points of contact - I don't think it's fair to talk down to him!
I missed that, the posts were focused on the email/fb stuff. Apologies to the OP.
Old 11th December 2019
  #14
Lives for gear
 

If everyone having an issue keep emailing their support every day rather than waiting for a reply after the first one, no surprise they are overwhelmed.

Also, if you're searching on their socials to find other people complaining, you could at least read their FB post where they say that due to BF sales, support will take longer than usual.

I know it sucks to not being able to use those great plugins right after the purchase and I would be bothered too. But calling "scam" a company that have been in this business for years with plugins praised by almost everyone is just so dumb.
Old 11th December 2019
  #15
Ok issue solved I think
Topic:
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump