The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Problem with Thomann - what should I do?
Old 6th December 2019
Here for the gear

Problem with Thomann - what should I do?

Hi. I’m looking for help - any useful advice gladly received.

This summer in early July, I sent my Behringer XR18 to Thomann to be fixed - specifically the USB port, but one channel was broken and another had a lead stuck in it (but still worked). Thomann said that they would fix the channel on warranty and the fee would be 138 euros for the USB and the stuck cable one.

I thought I had paid by credit card at the end of July - was told it would be fully processed in a short while, and as far as I was concerned the matter was over - the unit returned with fixed USB and I was a happy bunny. One of the channels didn’t seem to work, but I assumed it was the cable or a problem with my Reface DX.

I then got a message saying that the bill was outstanding - obviously (after sometime) I’d taken money out of my credit card (to the limit) and the payment hadn’t gone through. Very apologetic I promised to pay as soon as I could (I now didn’t have the money).

However, in that 2 week period that followed, I discovered that they hadn’t fixed the channel on warranty and had in fact broken the channel with the lead stuck in it.

Since then, for 3 months we have been exchanging emails - Thomann demanding payment, whilst also telling me that I needed to send the unit back for them to ‘check’. I have been trying to tell them that they have made a mistake, but they have refused to listen - even at one point suggesting that the bill had always only been for the USB repair, whilst also maintaining that they ‘knew’ that all repairs had been done.

I have finally managed to send them videos highlighting the reality (I had to wait for the x-air app to be updated as ios13 broke it), but all they have acknowledged is there appears to be a hardware problem (yeah! the ones they said they had repaired).

I’ve just about given up and am going to pay, whilst also making an official complaint. I’m not sure what my consumer rights are here, so I thought I’d ask here if anyone could help. It seems wrong to pay a bill that doesn’t accurately reflect what they have actually done.

Sorry I’m so long-winded and thanks if you made it this far.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashtup View Post
Thomann demanding payment, whilst also telling me that I needed to send the unit back for them to ‘check’.
There you go! Do these two things and your problems will go away!
Old 7th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
There you go! Do these two things and your problems will go away!
Thanks for responding! You are of course right. The fact that I’d have to be without the device for another 6 weeks is clearly not that big a deal.

I’m guessing they won’t admit their error due to ‘legal’ considerations. But it just ends up being a form of corporate bullying and I really loathe what corporate culture does to human interactions.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search