The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moogfest Cancelled
Old 10th December 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by boombapdame View Post
Woke @ stimpe is 1960s Black slang for conscious, do your homework.
Cool, thanks - don't know how I would have carried on not knowing that...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Getting back to the OP:

The reason for the cancellation has nothing to do with Moog running out of money. lol.
I've worked the event and saw venue managers getting super upset and walking out over what seemed like typical issues that come up with an event of this scale. Not sure if it's that they couldn't do the job well, or if their superiors were not giving them the resources to handle problems but ultimately it appears that poor communication and lack of leadership is why it got cancelled. I'm sure the festival will be back.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsbeard View Post
Getting back to the OP:

The reason for the cancellation has nothing to do with Moog running out of money. lol.
I've worked the event and saw venue managers getting super upset and walking out over what seemed like typical issues that come up with an event of this scale. Not sure if it's that they couldn't do the job well, or if their superiors were not giving them the resources to handle problems but ultimately it appears that poor communication and lack of leadership is why it got cancelled. I'm sure the festival will be back.

The best thing they can do now is sell the festival with it's name to a third party that can make it a commercial succes again...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nielsbeard View Post
Getting back to the OP:

Frankly if they're not feeling confident that they and their partners can deliver the kind of experience they want to deliver, I think it's pretty damn respectable for them to cancel it rather than creating some kind of Fire festival nonsense where people fork over their money and are completely unsatisfied.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search