The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Moogfest Cancelled
Old 6th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
I only read the interview / June 15, 2019
no idea if the dispute is new.
I doubt it, nor do I think it in good taste to speculate on Moog Family Matters in public, so I’m not saying anything further on this subject.
Old 6th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
I doubt it, nor do I think it in good taste to speculate on Moog Family Matters in public, so I’m not saying anything further on this subject.
she does not, "Well, all I can say is that my lawyer advised me not to talk about it."

Peter Gorges:
"Michelle's signature also states that "the BMF has nothing to do with Moog Music in any way".

"No, I do not manage the personality rights. My stepmother claims she has the rights."

no idea why the interview came about and what Axel Hartmann has to do with it, was probably in the same room
Old 6th December 2019
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
plus i think the smell off sweaty over weight guys arguing about compenents and behringer would do my head in..lol
You might be in the wrong forum here.
Old 6th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
You might be in the wrong forum here.
no mate I think im on the right one
Old 6th December 2019
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJustice View Post
That's right, it happened in 2015. It belongs to the story that Bob Moog wanted this, and his wife and he tried to arrange it, but weren't able to realize it at the time.

Bob Moog was the chillest and friendliest dude ever, as anybody who has heard and seen him speak knows. We could learn about more than synths from him:

If this is a 4WD Tercel, I'm impressed. Those were nice little cars.
Old 6th December 2019
Gear Head

I really can't understand how anyone can be amused by the idea of some people losing their job. Especially people working everyday on musical instruments, whether you like those instruments or not...

Quote:
If this is a 4WD Tercel, I'm impressed. Those were nice little cars.
Off topic, but nice new avatar! Whoever designed it did a great job, totally fitting for your effects.
Old 6th December 2019
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemme View Post
I really can't understand how anyone can be amused by the idea of some people losing their job. Especially people working everyday on musical instruments, whether you like those instruments or not...
Agreed.

Plus, it's a big world. Hyundai and Mercedes happily co-exist, and serve different markets, while still both making cars.

Quote:
Off topic, but nice new avatar! Whoever designed it did a great job, totally fitting for your effects.
Thanks! It was designed by Oleg Masnyy at Belief Agency. He's done the new icons, helmet, and Valhalla wordmark that you can see on our website. We're really happy with his work!
Old 6th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemme View Post
Who is losing their job here and who has joked about it?

I understand Moog is a touchy subject, but try to stick to what has actually been said instead of drawing your own conclusions and stating them as truths.
Old 6th December 2019
Lives for gear

This thread should be a sticky in the moan zone

Perfect example of what belongs in the moan zone
Old 6th December 2019
Gear Nut

The event was cancelled because Moog is still in shock when they saw the Behringer Poly D.
Old 6th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomized View Post
His taste in car liveries leaves a little to be desired though.
My Dad owned the same car sans finger painting. 4WD kinda precursor to the CRV. In other words a Dad car. Probably not a bad choice for the Blue ridge mountains of Ashville. Anyhow continue on with the Moog doomsaying but seems everyone is talking about getting a Matriarch in my neck of the woods. (last part not @ Randomized).
Old 6th December 2019
Lives for gear

Moogfest is canceled?

Bummer!

Oh well - There's always next year...

Greg
Old 6th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrumidi View Post
The event was cancelled because Moog is still in shock when they saw the Behringer Poly D.
Nah, I think they are cool with Behringer even though their fans seem to think otherwise.

There’s actually a Boog visible in Moog official marketing video for Matriarch (check at 2:27 behind the artist):

Coincidence?
Old 6th December 2019
Lives for gear

Remember how Moog make our synthesizers, and have done since the sixties?

Why not just accept and move on?

Does anyone around here make music, or is it all ill-informed bitching, conjecture, and oscilloscopes?
Old 7th December 2019
Gear Addict

this thread is the absolute worst of this awful forum.

wishing Moog ill? because ulli behringer? behringer literally wouldn't have synths to rip if it wasn't for visionary--and generous--geniuses like bob Moog.

and bob moog literally would never have made synths if he wasn't "woke." he would have made guns or dropped bombs instead. instead he chose to share something beautiful and transformative with the world. all of it. hence, many of the first pro users of the mini happened to be black, while the first major user of the modular system happened to be trans.

it's so gross that some of you would want the people trying to carry on bob Moog's legacy to lose their jobs or that you'd taunt them like adolescent bullies. grow up. you literally have no idea what electronic music or synthesis or the ideas behind it have ever really been about, and your ignorance shows.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post

Does anyone around here make music, or is it all ill-informed bitching, conjecture, and oscilloscopes?
That should be the name of a really annoying Youtube channel, where someone completely ill informed spends 40 minutes tearing apart new synths, with oscilloscope examples to justify his nonsensical claims all along the way.

I’m sure it would be a huge hit.

Oh, wait.....
Old 7th December 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedlip View Post

no more music. this place is now mostly an extension of reddit.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonrider View Post
behringer literally wouldn't have synths to rip if it wasn't for visionary--and generous--geniuses like bob Moog.
I wish I'd said that... well, except I did several times, and I get grief for telling the truth. Go figure.
Old 7th December 2019
Gear Nut

First of all, my apologies to the mods for starting what is no doubt a headache of a thread. I didn't mean to troll up a flamewar or to play economic Chicken Little.

The cancellation of Moogfest genuinely felt like salient synth-focused news relevant to the interests of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post
I know you're probably joking here...

Yeah, I'm a bit miffed that the Subharmonicon will likely remain a pricey collectors item but I can understand how something so niche, with it's quirky tuning and operating principles might not be something the mainstream synth market is ready for. Then again, the DFAM had a lot of these same things and ended up as a production product -- the Moogfest phase of the DFAM and the feedback from the initial builders ended up making it a better product for the casual consumer.

What I'm hoping is Moog relents a little and offers the Subharmonicon, BFAM, and Spectravox as DIY kits and tutorials. Bob was always a big proponent of personal growth and knowledge seeking -- learning a bit of electronics, physics and engineering while having fun with music fits right in with his philosophical leanings. If anything these kind of kits would bring the Moog story and legacy back full circle to when Bob got his start in the business selling DIY theremin kits.
Now would be an excellent time to release any one or all three of those experimental projects--either as kits or as fully realized products.

In a market increasingly glutted with retro clones and budget analog, people are looking for weird exploratory gear, even if it's more theoretically than practically satisfying.

I'd happily preorder a Subharmonicon if Moog announced it at NAAM.
Old 7th December 2019
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by subdo View Post
My Dad owned the same car sans finger painting. 4WD kinda precursor to the CRV. In other words a Dad car. Probably not a bad choice for the Blue ridge mountains of Ashville.
I always thought that the 4WD Tercels were more robust in the 4WD department than the CR-V. My CR-V did OK-ish in the snow. Not great. I lost confidence in it last winter during the huge snowstorm here.

It might just be that people buy the 4WD Tercels nowadays, and drive them up crazy roads, because, well, they are pretty much beaters at this point. So might as well drive them hard.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I always thought that the 4WD Tercels were more robust in the 4WD department than the CR-V. My CR-V did OK-ish in the snow. Not great. I lost confidence in it last winter during the huge snowstorm here.

It might just be that people buy the 4WD Tercels nowadays, and drive them up crazy roads, because, well, they are pretty much beaters at this point. So might as well drive them hard.
A lot of it’s in the tires you put on it. I have an AWD CRV and FWD element and while neither have let me down (in the Midwest) the CRV has definitely surprised me when it trucked through some stupid **** when I’ve been at work then had to go home with 2 feet+ packed on the exit ramps...other people next to me getting stuck. Not trying to D measure or anything...but I don’t know that it really gets a whole lot better for daily driver type vehicles...unless you can justify to buy something that’s a huge waste (for me) for around 48 weeks of the year like a Jeep.
Old 7th December 2019
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
A lot of it’s in the tires you put on it. I have an AWD CRV and FWD element and while neither have let me down (in the Midwest) the CRV has definitely surprised me when it trucked through some stupid **** when I’ve been at work then had to go home with 2 feet+ packed on the exit ramps...other people next to me getting stuck.
We're in the moan zone now, so might as well derail this thread...any recommended all weather tires for a 4WD Element? That's my daily driver, and I'm driving it to places that might get some crazy snow this winter.

Quote:
Not trying to D measure or anything...but I don’t know that it really gets a whole lot better for daily driver type vehicles...unless you can justify to buy something that’s a huge waste (for me) for around 48 weeks of the year like a Jeep.
After the blizzard earlier this year, we gave the CR-V to extended family, and got a 4Runner. I don't love the gas mileage, but dang if that thing doesn't drive great in the snow. Plus, seats 7. I need to take it up some of the logging roads around here, to really use it to its fullest extent.
Old 7th December 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonrider View Post
this thread is the absolute worst of this awful forum.

wishing Moog ill? because ulli behringer? behringer literally wouldn't have synths to rip if it wasn't for visionary--and generous--geniuses like bob Moog.

and bob moog literally would never have made synths if he wasn't "woke." he would have made guns or dropped bombs instead. instead he chose to share something beautiful and transformative with the world. all of it. hence, many of the first pro users of the mini happened to be black, while the first major user of the modular system happened to be trans.

it's so gross that some of you would want the people trying to carry on bob Moog's legacy to lose their jobs or that you'd taunt them like adolescent bullies. grow up. you literally have no idea what electronic music or synthesis or the ideas behind it have ever really been about, and your ignorance shows.
Feel better? Get it all out? The interwebs can be a mean place I suppose...

curious... why does a musician's skin color - or choice of potty - count as a net positive, depending on the color/choice? Doesn't seem very 'woke' (wtf that means)
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
We're in the moan zone now, so might as well derail this thread...any recommended all weather tires for a 4WD Element? That's my daily driver, and I'm driving it to places that might get some crazy snow this winter.

After the blizzard earlier this year, we gave the CR-V to extended family, and got a 4Runner. I don't love the gas mileage, but dang if that thing doesn't drive great in the snow. Plus, seats 7. I need to take it up some of the logging roads around here, to really use it to its fullest extent.
Tire chains, or the plastic equivalent these days. Made driving in The Sierras a piece of cake decades ago. Where allowed and recommended, of course.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

Amazing.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

Just saying that the M1 16-voices is currently listed at #16 (quite appropriately) in Thomann's synth sales rankings.
Which I find quite astonishing for such an expensive synth.
But then again, even if the very top spots are held by cheap gear, there are lots of Moog, Sequentials and other big stuff in the top 10s and top 20s.

So yep, it looks like people are still buying expensive gear, even if it's built by the evil arch-enemy Moog. And among this gear the M1 holds a very respectable place, so it can hardly be blamed for the cancellation of Moogfest and the downfall of the company.
Old 7th December 2019
Lives for gear

lol
Attached Thumbnails
Moogfest Cancelled-moooog.jpg  
Old 10th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucketsofcake View Post
The cancellation of Moogfest genuinely felt like salient synth-focused news relevant to the interests of the forum.
Someone had to do it, it is relevant to our interests (well atleast some of us). I always wanted to go, but never did. Almost pulled the trigger last year, but got busy and bailed .. sigh

Hopefully they replace it with something similar that solves the logistics issues. The website text sounds like they're just looking to do something different going forward.
Old 10th December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcabbage View Post
You need to go to the red light districts for that
You're right as always...

Old 10th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stimpe View Post
Feel better? Get it all out? The interwebs can be a mean place I suppose...

curious... why does a musician's skin color - or choice of potty - count as a net positive, depending on the color/choice? Doesn't seem very 'woke' (wtf that means)
Woke @ stimpe is 1960s Black slang for conscious, do your homework.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search