The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
My studio is closed until next year
Old 28th November 2019
My studio is closed until next year

I have used Apogee Rosetta 800, RME 9652 and Dangerous D Box for many years. I loved the sound I obtained on each session. A couple days ago no sound came out of either of my monitors. I tried to troubleshoot the problem and I cant figure it out. I can record into Cubase but i cant get sound out of my computer. I reinstalled the RME software and have the latest drivers. The output from spdif or ADAT into the Dangerous is not happening.

Its time to replace my 5 year old computer and update my converters. Going with a Dell with Thunderbolt 3 and the UA Apollo. I will miss my setup that had been rock solid for so many years. Before i buy new gear, I need to pay off other bills first.
Old 28th November 2019
Lives for gear

Sorry, that sucks! My Apollo silverfaces ran like champs, especially the rack unit which was purchased when the Apollo's were first released. I can't remember any major hickups that were the Apollo's fault. Finally moved up to the new X Apollos as it's time to "future proof" a bit more. I'm still running my 2014 MacBook Pro, but it's starting to get sluggish now that I had to upgrade the OS to Mojave.

I know UA gets a lot of flack about being "outdated" with their DSP approach, but it's been the most solid interface I've ever used. It works well, all the time. That's definitely worth it to me and I don't see going to anything else for the time being. I think you'll be really happy! I didn't really think the blackface Apollo's were worth the upgrade, but after working on these new X's for a week or so, they are noticeably better. I wasn't expecting them to be, but I'm happy to be wrong.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search