The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waldorf Quantum offtopic
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveElbows View Post
From my perspective, around the time Rolf came here, Don became extremely eager to see the thread be constructive and productive in ways he imagined would be helpful for all concerned. As it happens I think Don was sometimes a little too eager, and some counterproductive things resulted at times. I didnt think it was a big deal at the time so I didnt say anything, and I would describe things that happened in this category as happening only sporadically. But since something happened that has annoyed more people, I thought I may as well say something now.

A desire to save Rolf from having to routinely wade through 'the worst that messageboards have to offer' is more than understandable, but not if the medicine causes more problems than the disease! And this thread is usually pretty good, it really doesnt need much moderation, a very light touch is appropriate most of the time.
I'm fine with anything Don splits off from this thread; the whole Filterbank Hijack wasn't really productive for Quantum discussion, nor was the wishing the Quantum were a Prophet X. End of story. The latter is quite different from exploring the flexibilities of the filter/voice architecture in the Quantum, and thinking about how they might be extended.
Old 26th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffor View Post
Let’s make it clear, the reason I don’t have a Quantum sitting on my rack started with your lame SQ wavetable demo
I thank you for your compliments. Out of all the Quantum demos that exist, you patiently awaited for my, kinda boring 30 second ESQ wavetable clip, and from that concluded the Quantum sucks. Well thank you for respect. I am just a modest programmer, but i'm always keen to learn more. If you have some demo of yours that you don't consider lame, please send me the link. I am curious to hear your work and perhaps learn a thing or two from you.
Old 26th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthstrategy View Post
as youve now deleted more posts, including the flounce directed at you
Nothing is deleted. All posts are here: Waldorf Quantum offtopic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_xyz View Post
To be clear to anyone reading this, you've resurrected a post I deleted and, if I'm not mistaken, you deleted your post that I quoted from.
You deleted a post i was replying to. So after 15 minutes i wrote my reply and press Preview only to see your post gone. :(

The post which i deleted, which you are referring to, can still be found in here:
Waldorf Quantum offtopic

Quote:
As you said, you deleted that post too.
Exactly. I did that because something happened in the meantime. I've sent a PM to string6theory and took the blame. I told him it was my mistake and that he most likely wasn't trolling Phophei but he was rather teasing him.
Old 26th November 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
Nothing is deleted. All posts are here: Waldorf Quantum offtopic
The post which i deleted, which you are referring to, can still be found in here:
Waldorf Quantum offtopic
I don't like polluting this thread like this, but that makes it sound like the post was there all along - but when I posted saying you'd deleted it, it wasn't in either thread. The last 2 posts in the offtopic thread were synthstrategy's and a deleted post note by raffor. Now you have your post sat between them and raffors is undeleted.
Old 26th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I don't like polluting this thread like this, but that makes it sound like the post was there all along - but when I posted saying you'd deleted it, it wasn't in either thread. The last 2 posts in the offtopic thread were synthstrategy's and a deleted post note by raffor. Now you have your post sat between them and raffors is undeleted.
Thank you for bringing this up to my attention, Paul!! I deleted my post AGAIN.
Old 26th November 2019
Quote:
I don't like polluting this thread like this, but that makes it sound like the post was there all along
The post definitely wasn't there. I copied it after you mentioned it. I made a copy in case anyone wants to read it. Then i wrote the reply to your post and pointed out that anyone who wants to read it can still find a copy in the offtopic, while the main post from the Quantum has been deleted.

Quote:
Now you have your post sat between them and raffors is undeleted.
Yes i undeleted Raffor's post to reply to him. I found his post amusing. It is an offtopic thread and i thought i should write him a reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raffor View Post
Thank you for bringing this up to my attention, Paul!! I deleted my post AGAIN.
But why? It isn't rude. No one is swearing. I think it's fun post. Darn, we are in offtopic again.
Old 26th November 2019
Gear Maniac
@ Don - if you want to move/delete my non-quantum posts, please feel free - I just want to get back to discussing all things quantum.
Old 26th November 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
One of the most content-rich, and bicker-free threads on GS . . .
Uhhhh . . .
Old 26th November 2019
Quote:
I just want to get back to discussing all things quantum.
Me too, sir! Maybe some of us went nitpicking trip today. I know i did. While the Beta 8 has been giving me a lot of crashes. It's very tricky, since if you save the patch and load it, it no longer crashes. Therefore i can not prove to anyone there is a bug somewhere. I think i'll use a phone to record everything in video from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio460 View Post
Uhhhh . . .
Yeeeeeah!

Now... where's Raffor? I'm awaiting for his awesome wavetable demo.

EDIT:
Ok tomorrow i'll clean up this mess. I want as much people to read it as possible. It's fun after all. I wish the rest of the life was as easy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search