The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Autotune Pro/Artist no backwards compatibility, strange upgrade options $$
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Autotune Pro/Artist no backwards compatibility, strange upgrade options $$

Hey y'all.

Wanted to share my frustrations with Autotune Pro and Autotune Artist.

I just bought Autotune Pro for $399. We all know it. It's great.. it does what its supposed to do. But it seems it isn't compatible with its watered down counter part 'Autotune Artist'. ($299).

Meaning if someone sends you a session with their autotune on it, which is 'Autotune Artist' you will not be able to open the settings of that plugin with your Autotune Pro version. This doesn't make sense to me. I can understand maybe if you do something in the Pro one not being able to open in the cheaper Artist version. I emailed to make sure I hadn't screwed something up and the person told me they were in fact separate products.

Interestingly enough.. if you buy AutoTune Artist first, for $299, you can then later upgrade to Pro for $99. Saving you one dollar total instead of buying Pro like I did. You might even get to keep Artist as well.. if thats the case I deeply regret not doing that.

It feels like a needless cash grab. The plugins compared below look nearly Identical. I already feel this company has previously went out of its way to make so many versions of the essentially the same product and not have them talk to each other. To not put some effort into compatibility is disappointing. I already have the UAD AutoTune and Autotune Pro.. I shouldn't need to drop an additional $299 on this pitch correction plugin to open current sessions people are making with their product.

The end.

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
One of the other business activities of the Autotune people has been to buy up delinquent medical debt - for me that says everything I need to know about that company and those who own it.
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
One of the other business activities of the Autotune people has been to buy up delinquent medical debt - for me that says everything I need to know about that company and those who own it.
Fair enough but it still sounds better than Melodyne...
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Byre View Post
Does that mean they're evil, or that they're stupid?

When it comes to medical debt, the deadbeats are often deadbeats because they're dead.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search