The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Bugs on new releases.
Old 14th November 2019
Lives for gear

I don't think Behringer's QC is any worse than the other synth manufacturers at this point, and it's probably better than Arturia and Novation for example. Novation has gotten better in recent years, but I remember they had a LOT of problems with faulty pitch benders, touch pads, and bad keys on their synths a few years back. Arturia's record is so spotty that it dissuaded me from ever buying a MiniBrute, even though I originally wanted one.

My impression is that the problem back then had more to do with Asian manufacturing difficulties than with design. The specifications and QC for electronics manufacturing in recent years (Asian and elsewhere) have gone WAY up in recent years, owing in large part to the proliferation of more specialized and sophisticated cellphone, semiconductor, and LCD/LED manufacturing. Behringer's Music Tribe campus in China is now by all accounts just as advanced and reliable as other similar Asian ventures.
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Nut

Jomox Xbase Series Enough said
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Maniac
Most hardware is not bug free on release, the real test is whether the company fixes the issues or declares them unfixable *cough*Blofeld tempo sync*cough*.
Have Behringer stated that they're unable to fix the RD-8 trigger issue? If not, I'd expect a firmware update any week...

The only Behringer product I have is a DeepMind 12, but it has received several firmware updates, fixing bugs and even adding requested features like VCA Mode and new Mod Matrix sources.
Old 14th November 2019
Gear Guru

I think they've been brilliant getting to updates, some firms you don't see any updates for well after 12 months..
Old 14th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by draig View Post
The Moog One wasn’t usable out of the box for me.
Did any reviews / overviews / presentations or influencers mention issues ?
Or
Is there any honesty in the videos we see or should we wait for users to fill up forums with praise / complaints.

Considering how expensive it is I’d have returned it unless it’d been given a big discount and guarantees moog were on it/acting fast to resolve things

I think my worst experience was elektron digitakt.
Old 14th November 2019
Lives for gear
At least they are fast with fixing the issues. Some synths needed more than 30 years to get a patch for the downright glaring stuff *cough*matrix 1000's env2 bug*cough* and done by a user no less.
Old 25th November 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by re5etuk View Post
Did any reviews / overviews / presentations or influencers mention issues ?
Or
Is there any honesty in the videos we see or should we wait for users to fill up forums with praise / complaints.

Considering how expensive it is I’d have returned it unless it’d been given a big discount and guarantees moog were on it/acting fast to resolve things

I think my worst experience was elektron digitakt.
What issues did you have with the Digitakt? mine is working perfectly since the latest update
Old 25th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by re5etuk View Post
Elektron digitakt midi was a mess on launch.
Malekko manther was sold on quite quickly.
I didn’t go near various mfb boxes.

Bad QA, test plans , lack of experience , lack of investment.
I tend to expect some hard to find quirky things might get through but it seems increasingly that products are coming out with easy to find problems that seem to treat the customer with no respect.
Sending a box to influencers, sound creators or reviewers is not QA.
Agreed, bugs stopped me from buying the Manther and the Toriaz As-1. I wonder how many sales have been lost due to these sort of things? I am sure I am not the only one.
Old 4th December 2019
Deleted 25df962
It's a nice habit that now companies start selling their products before they are ready, and I mean all companies.
It's even nicer that GS users became so passive that they accept such behaviour and defend those companies.
Where did we get here?
Since months, there is a sort of GS policy to avoid complains and move the threads elsewhere when they become too nervous.
Moderators duty is to keep the forum clean, they say.
Well, GS freedom of expression is over as all internet so called web democracy.
Manufacturers rule.
And marketing is more aggressive then ever and ordinary people are just taking this as normal.
By the way, why this pathetic thread of B philanthropy has been move here and there and then back to main electronic forum?
Why they deleted all negative posts about this horrible marketing hoax?
Old 12th December 2019
Gear Maniac

And they are talking about releasing a DAW?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search