The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sweetwater using 100% CPU in safari
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Sweetwater using 100% CPU in safari

So lately, I'm just browsing the inter webs and my 2018 MBP with a 6 core i9 chip starts kicking the fan on high. I'm whats whats going on so I check activity monitor and sweetwater is using 100% CPU (which is just 100% of one core to be fair, but still). WTH? I get websites using cookies and data mining, but what are they doing that takes this much CPU processing?! they using my machine to mine bit coin, or something? lol

I don't know what they are doing but it irritates me enough to never buy from them again.

Anyone else experiencing this with Sweetwater or other sites?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

They are definitely using you cpu cycles to train Skynet

But in all seriousness I haven't experienced that, I dont use safari or mac though. Occasionally websites will have scripts or code (or embedded flash) that has bugs or poor programming. This can cause unpredictable effects. Especially since every browser is different

Reboot your computer, clear your cache and try again. If that doesnt work I would at least send their CS or support department an email letting them know this is happening, so they can try to fix it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbDelux View Post
They are definitely using you cpu cycles to train Skynet

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search