The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Laser harp hate thread
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
Actually, I think the OP just hates laser harps...
You also thought that I was serious in this post - so I'm not sure your judgement is 100% accurate

Btw, I own a Synthex.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Varaldo View Post
You also thought that I was serious in this post - so I'm not sure your judgement is 100% accurate

Btw, I own a Synthex.
I thought you were trolling and countered. And, indeed, you were trolling, Mr Troll. And, apparently, you still are. Somehow, I expected better...
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I thought you were trolling and countered. And, indeed, you were trolling, Mr Troll. And, apparently, you still are. Somehow, I expected better...
Yeah, right. It's okay to admit that you fell for it. It is okay. Don't be ashamed of that. Just, don't backpedal, and pretend that you knew it all, like the other guy did also. It's not a big deal, dude.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I honestly prefer a show with somebody who looks deeply uncomfortable in their own skin stood behind a laptop and launching sample clips for 2 hours.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, right. It's okay to admit that you fell for it. It is okay. Don't be ashamed of that. Just, don't backpedal, and pretend that you knew it all, like the other guy did also. It's not a big deal, dude.
Keep telling yourself that, troll-boy, maybe you'll actually believe it someday!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Keep telling yourself that, troll-boy, maybe you'll actually believe it someday!
All people need to do - and you if ever decide to come clean - is to read your original post. It is obvious that you fell for it and now out of pride you pretend you didn't. Laser harp hate thread

Quote:
Bro, do you even Synthex?

It's DCO plus a unique Curtis filter, a different circuit altogether from any SCI filter. Everything is razor sharp, making it sound far different from your bog-standard VCO or DCO synth at the time. I think that pretty much secures it a seat at the big boy table.

It's okay to hate on it, but don't be surprised if JMJ and some jack-booted thugs come kick your door in to explain the matter to you!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
All people need to do - and you if ever decide to come clean - is to read your original post. It is obvious that you fell for it and now out of pride you pretend you didn't. Laser harp hate thread
Spoken like a true troll!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Spoken like a true troll!
Says the naive kid who falls for trolling like a fish to the bait and doesn't even realize I have a Synthex and love it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Says the naive kid who falls for trolling like a fish to the bait and doesn't even realize I have a Synthex and love it.
Desperate troll is getting desperate!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Desperate troll is getting desperate!
Have the last word, I really don't care, dude. Move on
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Have the last word, I really don't care, dude. Move on
Dude, I'm just trolling you for trolling us.

Like I said, I expected better from you as I know you own or have owned every synth ever made and have contributed a lot on those lines. Kiss and make up? <3
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
I honestly prefer a show with somebody who looks deeply uncomfortable in their own skin stood behind a laptop and launching sample clips for 2 hours.
Neigh!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dude, I'm just trolling you for trolling us.

Like I said, I expected better from you as I know you own or have owned every synth ever made and have contributed a lot on those lines. Kiss and make up? <3
Yeah, sure, come to my studio, I'll play some nice laser harp on my Synthex for you. You can bring your Xils.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
Launching or laundering. Sometimes it's a very fine line.

If you use particle lasers you can do granular synthesis.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, sure, come to my studio, I'll play some nice laser harp on my Synthex for you. You can bring your Xils.
Could be great, if everyone is positive and open minded
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotuZia View Post
Could be great, if everyone is positive and open minded
What does that even mean?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
All synth lovers born before 1970 absolutely HAVE to love the Laser Harp. Being born in 1969 it is just coded in my genes. Long live the Laser Harp!
Not me. It's all a matter of individual taste, of course. But, to me, it's kind of a boring sound hooked up to a goofy, gimmicky, not very cool-looking stage interface.

I saw Tangerine Dream in the late 70s before a lot of this kind of nonsense took over and the music was great, but, to be sure, without real drums on stage or guitarists meandering around, it wasn't 'exciting' in the arena rock sense, it wasn't mainstream-audience-friendly stagecraft. It was some guys and some robots (and I mean the voltage-control kind, not the prowling the stage kind) playing intricate, interesting, then-new sounding music.

[EDIT: Just checked with a pal; they likely had a drummer on that tour, so I was probably just drunk forget this whole post. ]

So, yeah, I DO get the 'appeal' of something to give visual focus to the musical-sugar-addicted pop masses, but, really, does it have to sound and look so damn lame?

Last edited by theblue1; 1 week ago at 06:51 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

if Darth Vader played an instrument, it would be a Laser Harp

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search