The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
pro audio thief South Africa
Old 25th October 2019
Gear Nut

pro audio thief South Africa

“Steven Becker” of South Africa ripped me and a bunch of other people all at once a long time ago (nearly 20 years). Got me for $3400. Back on rec dot Audio Dot pro.

Too much hassle to try to recover. Scumbags. Presumably “moan zone” allows this kind of venting.
Old 26th October 2019
_V_
Here for the gear

$3,400 inflation adjusted for 20yrs is a lot of dosh.

sorry for your loss.

i am going through similar issue right now w/ another repair tech, as have others here and elsewhere.
Old 26th October 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by _V_ View Post
$3,400 inflation adjusted for 20yrs is a lot of dosh.

sorry for your loss.

i am going through similar issue right now w/ another repair tech, as have others here and elsewhere.
What about making a thread to call out the repair tech? Giving them some time to make things right? Don't wait 20 years like I did.
Old 26th October 2019
_V_
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slutter View Post
What about making a thread to call out the repair tech? Giving them some time to make things right? Don't wait 20 years like I did.
i already have a thread here on him

am pushing him now 6mos in to complete repair, if by this weekend it is not completed, i will escalate.

another member here had to wait 5 years! and only after small claims court case did he finally get his gear back, and of course it wasn't repaired.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search