The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I wish I hadn’t spent my money on Logic Pro X
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

I wish I hadn’t spent my money on Logic Pro X

For years (fom the Emagic days) I was a Logic user but at some point I started getting annoyed with the constant changes of GUI, functions, commands etc. so I gave Ableton Live a try, loved it and gone was Logic.

I always missed EXS 24 though and some of the synths + Space Designer so a short while ago I decided to go for Logic Pro X, bought it and started to install it only to realise that my main drive was a bit small and that I would have to relocate to an external drive. The procedure (until 10.4) was ridiculously complicated and didn’t really work so I waited for the eagerly awaited «*relocated the sound library*» got the update when it came out and finalised the downloading process, then went to the relocate function, and now I have the bloody things installed on 2 drives as for some obscure «*receipt*» reason Logic has not deleted the original downloads when relocating. There are apparently some fiddly work around procedures (receipt transplants, really?) but frankly I have wasted enough time with this. In other words the sound library manager designers f...up and this is a mess.

So yes, I wish I hadn’t bothered. Thanks for nothing Logic!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search