The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Reverb.com I'm getting Frustrated
Old 3 weeks ago
Reverb.com I'm getting Frustrated

Reverb.com is great until you get a defective piece of gear and a clueless seller. So...I bought a DBX tube pre, advertised as in great shape, fully functional. I get it and the packing job is one of the worst I've ever seen, right rack ear is bent up, and worse yet, when I power it up, the transformer starts buzzing loudly. So, I contact the seller and he acts like a real dick. Tries to blame me because I the buyer, didn't purchase shipping insurance. I politely explain that it is the sellers responsibility to purchase insurance but he doesn't believe me and continues to insist the defective pre is somehow my fault. So, I contacted Reverb.com (a week ago) and the run around I'm being given is unbelieveable. First, takes 45 minutes to get a rep on the phone. He explains this complicated convoluted process to get a refund. He asks me to send a video which I did. Two days ago, I get an e-mail from another rep, asking me to send in a video. I send another one. Then nothing from them. Yesterday, I get a request from another rep telling me I need to follow the link to schedule a phone call with this individual. I follow the link and get a calendar that says across the front: "No available dates in Oct." So, another 1/2 hour on the phone to get a rep. This one knows nothing and will only say I need to get in touch with so and so...bla, bla, bla
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

If you used a credit card, you can always do a charge back before the time-limit to do so runs out. That'll get their attention. Having said that, Reverb have been pretty good at appearing on GS to resolve issues in the past so perhaps you'll get their attention with this post.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
I get it and the packing job is one of the worst I've ever seen, right rack ear is bent up...
If the photos in the listing showed the unbent rack ear, that should be case closed right there. The rest of this just seems like nonsense, and completely atypical of my dealings with Reverb. Not that they've been as anti-seller as eBay is now, but they've definitely shaded toward being an advocate for the buyer. And most of the customer-service reps I've dealt with have been pretty on the ball. Is this the new Etsy-Reverb?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Is this the new Etsy-Reverb?
That did come to mind...let's hope this is an anomaly.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Is this the new Etsy-Reverb?

What does that mean? Did Etsy buy Reverb?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
What does that mean? Did Etsy buy Reverb?
yes...although not to be a smart ass, if you google "etsy reverb" you get the answer pretty quick....
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
yes...although not to be a smart ass, if you google "etsy reverb" you get the answer pretty quick....
Wow. Well, there's the problem with the support.

And not to be a smart ass, but I have no need to take to google when I am surrounded by such a fine bunch of gentlemen.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hayat View Post
Wow. Well, there's the problem with the support.

And not to be a smart ass, but I have no need to take to google when I am surrounded by such a fine bunch of gentlemen.
I just don't understand logic of asking people on a forum a question you can answer yourself in 5 seconds so you wait 45 minutes instead to get an answer from me... different strokes...
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

They have done some funny things to me as a buyer. The weirdest was when a seller sold something and, I guess, decided he didn't get enough, refunded my money and claimed to have sold it somewhere else, then relisted it 2 weeks later. A pretty blatant violation of Reverb rules. I complained at the time of the sale, Reverb did nothing. I complained when it was relisted and they just ignored me. Good to know sales aren't final should I ever decide I priced something wrong because it sold fast.

Of course the extra $300 he's trying to acquire has left his item unsold for 6 months. Hope he's happy with his doorstop.
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

Reverb read my private messages to buyers and then wrote me warning me about my content. I was discussing getting a payment away from the Reverb infrastructure.

I raised hell about privacy and they told me there is no privacy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search