The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sweetwater = BAD Service
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Sweetwater = BAD Service

Every time I call Sweetwater too buy something I always get the run around with special needs requests I am talking about about small $100.00 purchase I am talking five digit transactions they seem to drop the ball on high end clients
- all the time
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
Every time I call Sweetwater too buy something I always get the run around with special needs requests I am talking about about small $100.00 purchase I am talking five digit transactions they seem to drop the ball on high end clients
- all the time
Is your call similar to your post?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

No I just need an accommodation for a special shipping request - they are corporate other companies seem to be able to accommodate me and Sweetwater does not seem to what to do a simple request. I spend 100K+ on gear and I need sometimes I need some thing done extra and they just want to take my money and not want to do anything special - When you call Sweetwater you are a corporate call centre.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

C'mon, they send sh!tty candy with every purchase. They are keeping Bit-O-Honey in business. Send some Lemon Heads for chris'sakes.

I use Sweetwater like I used to use GC - when a thing I need is just like every other thing sold at every other music store. The bonus is I don't have to get in the car, talk to some moron in pinned jeans, shipping is free and it takes a day since I'm in the 1 day ship zone.

If your looking for consistent professional service from a large corporation based in Fort Wayne, In...well, you know...good luck with all that.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
No I just need an accommodation for a special shipping request - they are corporate other companies seem to be able to accommodate me and Sweetwater does not seem to what to do a simple request. I spend 100K+ on gear and I need sometimes I need some thing done extra and they just want to take my money and not want to do anything special - When you call Sweetwater you are a corporate call centre.
If you talk like you are writing, then perhaps they just don't understand what you are saying. Have you even made it past grade school?
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
- all the time
I can say this honestly. I have NEVER had a problem with Sweetwater. Maybe it has to do with your salesperson??? Sweetwater is, IMHO, the model for well done mail order. I suggest you find another salesperson. FWIW
Old 5 days ago
They keep sending me yellow laffy taffy. Cant remember the last time I got a pink one - I'm starting to doubt I ever got one at all.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
If you talk like you are writing, then perhaps they just don't understand what you are saying. Have you even made it past grade school?
I don't think his education has anything to do with it.

Obviously English is his second language; and I'm not entirely convinced that binary isn't his first.

Anyway, my counter argument to the OP is:
Sweetwater = GOOD Service.
At least in my experience.
Old 3 days ago
I have a question. When did Sweetwater start charging your account on preorders? This just happened to me.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
I can say this honestly. I have NEVER had a problem with Sweetwater. Maybe it has to do with your salesperson??? Sweetwater is, IMHO, the model for well done mail order. I suggest you find another salesperson. FWIW
Early on I was "assigned" a guy who was good. Too good, as it turned out, and when he started ignoring me he blamed it on exhaustion from catering to his celebrity clientele. I tried to switch reps, but they kept routing calls and emails back to this same guy.

So I did some shopping elsewhere -- I was in a hurry -- and sent the receipts to Chuck Surack. He sent me a nice note that didn't appear to be a form letter and wasn't at all defensive in tone, and I now have a different rep. My outlay per year has gone way down since then, but I like my guy.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search