All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
I'll never buy another damned Waves plugin ever
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
I'll never buy another damned Waves plugin ever

Waves Central sucks.

Four hours.

Complete and utter BS

"Sorry.....we can't get our **** straight and are paranoid about ...........Jack Knows What"
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sometimes you just have to take a step back and breathe lol.
I still like Waves. They work, and I don't need special hardware to use them, which is a big deal for me.
Old 2 weeks ago
Hey, there's an iLok moan thread too you could maybe contribute some positivity too, since the other options aren't working for you...!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_monkey View Post
Hey, there's an iLok moan thread too you could maybe contribute some positivity too, since the other options aren't working for you...!
AAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LOL
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Adkins View Post
Sometimes you just have to take a step back and breathe lol.
I still like Waves. They work, and I don't need special hardware to use them, which is a big deal for me.

Uh.................when do they work? I wouldn't know about the two I just bought.

They don't work.

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydeceltico View Post

Uh.................when do they work? I wouldn't know about the two I just bought.

They don't work.

All I know is I've been using Waves for about 10 years and have no complaints. Also, it's not something I'm really passionate about, so I'm not trying to be an apologist here either. I probably have about 20 or so of their plugs... The Renaissance and Abbey Roads stuff gets lots of use from me. Always works...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon Adkins View Post
All I know is I've been using Waves for about 10 years and have no complaints. Also, it's not something I'm really passionate about, so I'm not trying to be an apologist here either. I probably have about 20 or so of their plugs... The Renaissance and Abbey Roads stuff gets lots of use from me. Always works...
It's OK. I didn't take you to be an "apologist."

I have at least 10 other Waves plugs also. I bought the majority of them some time ago. They get used - after the living hell of getting them installed.

To be fair, I seem to remember buying like 6 of them in one go a couple of years ago and didn't have any issues installing.

But ever since that first purchase, additonal purchases have always led to massive frustration with install through Waves Central. I can't stand it.

I thought "oh - maybe this time will be different" - - and it isn't.

I've been buying UAD plugs of late and just my sheer frustration with Waves install makes me reach for the UADs instead - every time. It isn't even about sound or function. I'm just totally PO-ed with waves install paranoia.

And it isn't like my system gets changed much over time. It doesn't.

I could not count the times I deleted %localappdata%/.....cache; restarted; logged in as admin; etc...etc..... last night.

I hear the Puig comp is great. I wouldn't know. And now I'm soured on it without even using it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydeceltico View Post
It's OK. I didn't take you to be an "apologist."

I have at least 10 other Waves plugs also. I bought the majority of them some time ago. They get used - after the living hell of getting them installed.

To be fair, I seem to remember buying like 6 of them in one go a couple of years ago and didn't have any issues installing.

But ever since that first purchase, additonal purchases have always led to massive frustration with install through Waves Central. I can't stand it.

I thought "oh - maybe this time will be different" - - and it isn't.

I've been buying UAD plugs of late and just my sheer frustration with Waves install makes me reach for the UADs instead - every time. It isn't even about sound or function. I'm just totally PO-ed with waves install paranoia.

And it isn't like my system gets changed much over time. It doesn't.

I could not count the times I deleted %localappdata%/.....cache; restarted; logged in as admin; etc...etc..... last night.

I hear the Puig comp is great. I wouldn't know. And now I'm soured on it without even using it.
Wow, sorry to hear about that. I think I bought one last year... Maybe the Abbey Roads plate verb. Anyway, I didn't have any install problems. I did get a notice to upgrade my current stock of plugins, and when I went to do it, it was going to take several hours, so I didn't bother. Maybe it's good I didn't
I do believe the couple I've purchased recently are the updated versions...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search