The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Air Conditioner Woes
Old 26th August 2019
Air Conditioner Woes

The AC was old when we bought the house, so we knew there would be problems, but it still sucks having it break down so often. Yesterday makes the second time this summer; the fan blades on the condenser tore right off of the hub. With YouTube and a little patience, I can fix most problems myself, but living in Texas in August with my elderly mother living with me, I can't wait for a $30 part to show up in the mail, so I'm forced to rely on the $125/hr repairman. When the repairman shows up, he can't get the part any sooner than I can, so we end up having to make a late Sunday run to buy a window unit for her. Two Walmarts in this town, both sold out of air conditioners because everyone else is having the same problem, so we ended up having to pay more at Lowe's so my mom doesn't die in her sleep. This sucks.

Anyone else in the south having a bad summer this year for their AC?
Old 26th August 2019
Lives for gear

Ours was last summer. 102°F/95% humidity and the central air unit quits. We did have systems insurance as a rider on our home insurance, so it saved us about $3k on a new unit, but it was a couple days before the 4th of July, so we had almost a week before we had it replaced. Old farm house - small windows, low ceilings...it was brutal.

This August has been remarkably mild.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search