The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Should I go back in time to prevent Uli Behringer from destroying our forums?
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebase DMX View Post
YES, and please stay there.
I thought you had me on ignore? (BTW, the post you were upset about was sarcasm based on someone else’s use of “second tier” and used in defense of a GearSlutz member)
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Not sure EDM is responsible for the steadily-rising GS membership as much as the DAW; that is the tech that has increased the number of home-studio users - at the same time the professional industry has shrunk.
I prefer to see it as a renaissance of creative literacy; valuable transferrable skills.

One demographic shift over the past 10 years is the prevalence of software over hardware.

Re: Uri..whatever ones opinions there is no entitlement to be rude to forum members. As anyone who has tried to build gear will recognise, Uri's achievements have enabled access to high-quality sound and performance for many who previously could not afford it.
I agree with all that. I personally love that the elite club of people who could buy an expensive piece of gear has been infiltrated by the riff-raff. Whether it be software or inexpensive hardware, it doesn’t matter to me.

Also, I should mention that I have zero against what Uli is doing. It’s not for me, but there was a hole and a lot of hand wringing about why that hole could not be filled, and Behringer went over, while no one was looking, and filed it. Good on him.

My only complaint is that the constant speculation and hints that are being put out by Behringer via forums (fora?) and social media is causing every other thread to be about one of the clones and a lot of them don’t even exist yet... or may never exist. I suspect he’s trying to gauge public interest before he makes a synth, and that feels a bit manipulative. If he announces a Pro One clone, then of course start a new “Behringer Clone’s The Pro One” thread, but we’re seeing things like BS-80 threads with little evidence that such a synth will be made. The chum in the water is ruining the view of the reef.

In the end, it’s a good thing. The more people playing music, the better.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimera1to1 View Post
Just got back from next week, where Uri Geller is suing Uri Behringer for nicking his name. Meanwhile, back in the studio, whilst holding the Boog between thumb and forefinger, it turns into a spoon which goes bendy. Further updates will be unavailable as I’m now working for the CIA - they have a glut of Boogs but are short of bendy spoons.
I miss URI Geller and his spoons. Those were the days, eh? Leonard Nimoy talking about UFOs and pyramid power...
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksp View Post
Death is inevitable , all things follow the cycle of birth life and death , even Suns and Planets , its the nature of time and space , even forums die , multi millionaires die , embrace the death , we each destroy ourselves.
Wow, thanks Captain Bummer. Way to rain on my dream-of-having-my-brain-transferred-to-a-robot dream.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus2 View Post
Stick that sh*tt* thread to the moan zone ASAP.

And the problem isn't Behringer, it's people who just can't help talk about Berhinger at every opportunity even if the topic has absolutely nothing to do with Berhinger, like that aborted thread about Tom Oberheim trolled by *d**ts and there memes. Don't blame Uli for these d*ch*b*gs.

Oberheim back in business again

Behringer does seem to be putting out a lot of “hints” to generate internet chatter and suck up all the air in the room. It’s one thing to announce an instrument, but another to sneak a corner of an image on your Facebook page to make people think a CS-80 clone is imminent. (Which I’d probably buy if it does come to fruition)
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by apessino View Post
Have you been watching Dark on Netflix? Greatest series ever, including the amazing soundtrack by Ben Frost.

I have been in a bit of a pickle recently. I came down with a bout of amoebic dysentery, and was offered to trade it all for the "Behringer collection."

You can understand the dilemma... to give up all that excruciating pain, vomiting, violent bowel eruptions? I thought about it long and hard, and at the end decided to keep the amoeba.

Seemed less parasitic.
oh mate get that triple looked at, I had it for years until 2 cysts formed in my liver I went drinking and partying for 3 days and almost died in hospital as my liver was twice as big as it should've been and almost ruptured.

Get 2 more stool tests after they say it cleared
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Those were the days, eh? Leonard Nimoy talking about UFOs and pyramid power...
Oh, there's an idea for when I'm really hard up for something to watch...spin up an old episode or two of In Search Of and reminisce about being back in fifth or sixth grade when one of my teachers used to play episodes in class on a 16mm projector.
Old 2nd August 2019
Quote:
I agree with all that. I personally love that the elite club of people who could buy an expensive piece of gear has been infiltrated by the riff-raff. Whether it be software or inexpensive hardware, it doesn’t matter to me.

Also, I should mention that I have zero against what Uli is doing. It’s not for me, but there was a hole and a lot of hand wringing about why that hole could not be filled, and Behringer went over, while no one was looking, and filed it. Good on him.

My only complaint is that the constant speculation and hints that are being put out by Behringer via forums (fora?) and social media is causing every other thread to be about one of the clones and a lot of them don’t even exist yet... or may never exist. I suspect he’s trying to gauge public interest before he makes a synth, and that feels a bit manipulative. If he announces a Pro One clone, then of course start a new “Behringer Clone’s The Pro One” thread, but we’re seeing things like BS-80 threads with little evidence that such a synth will be made. The chum in the water is ruining the view of the reef.

In the end, it’s a good thing. The more people playing music, the better.
Agreed...there's nothing worse than cheesy astroturfing. The product should 'speak' for itself if it is able to.
Old 2nd August 2019
LOL - OK I get that the title will start some kind of flame wars. Go at it kids. PS - Uli Behringer serves to get many people into hardware that otherwise could not afford it. This benefits the industry as a whole in my opinion.
Old 2nd August 2019
Deleted a3c6337
Are there any new synth manufacturers that aren't niche Eurorack products?

Been reviewing some old textbooks to tackle a project but might not bother.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Those were the days, eh? Leonard Nimoy talking about UFOs and pyramid power...
You kmow, one thing I sort of miss, is back when there were still a few mysteries, a few urban legends that prople still believed in, harmless beliefs, long standing cultural phenomena, but pre internet and this era many more people still believed in the now passe like aliens, witches, ghosts, bigfeets, nessies, and all that.

The simple sharing of basic information worldwide and a decade of Mythbusters and Penn and Teller have all but crushed most of these, and I think there's a palpable sense of "less wonder" happening, "less dreaming big", etc.

And I don't care so much about the beliefs themselves, because let's be clear - there's no Sasquatch, but the sense of wonder is gone, I think.

Make sense?
Old 2nd August 2019
Deleted a3c6337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
You kmow, one thing I sort of miss, is back when there were still a few mysteries, a few urban legends that prople still believed in, harmless beliefs, long standing cultural phenomena, but pre internet and this era many more people still believed in the now passe like aliens, witches, ghosts, bigfeets, nessies, and all that.

The simple sharing of basic information worldwide and a decade of Mythbusters and Penn and Teller have all but crushed most of these, and I think there's a palpable sense of "less wonder" happening, "less dreaming big", etc.

And I don't care so much about the beliefs themselves, because let's be clear - there's no Sasquatch, but the sense of wonder is gone, I think.

Make sense?
There's enough wonder for eternity when it comes to the Illuminati and anal probing.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSoundzz View Post
LOL - OK I get that the title will start some kind of flame wars. Go at it kids. PS - Uli Behringer serves to get many people into hardware that otherwise could not afford it. This benefits the industry as a whole in my opinion.
Agreed. This isn’t a flame thread. It’s a parody of a flame thread. A small, but important distinction.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:

Make sense?
Yeah, the conspiracy stuff was so innocent and cute back then. I loved all of that... UFO magazine, In Search Of, etc. LOVED IT.

It’s been replaced by a much, much, much darker version though. Nimoy has been replaced by QAnon. People are getting hurt. It isn’t good.
Old 2nd August 2019
Deleted a3c6337
Quote:
Yeah, the conspiracy stuff was so innocent and cute back then. I loved all of that... UFO magazine, In Search Of, etc. LOVED IT.

It’s been replaced by a much, much, much darker version though. Nimoy has been replaced by QAnon. People are getting hurt. It isn’t good.
It won't matter much when the entirety of Earth is Japan Aug 6, 1945 2.0.

Really nothing matters much when you think about it then stop thinking about it. The temporary nature of reality is as comfortable as it gets.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

So........

The reality is:

I can start a "maybe there's beringer POS 3300" thread.....

And all i$ good. but...

There was a politician who called it as it is....

"a conga line of suck holes"
Ban me I could careless...youve done it before.

Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthstrategy View Post
Ban me I could careless...
"could careless"

"could care less"

"could not care less"
Old 2nd August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post
Not sure EDM is responsible for the steadily-rising GS membership as much as the DAW; that is the tech that has increased the number of home-studio users - at the same time the professional industry has shrunk.
I prefer to see it as a renaissance of creative literacy; valuable transferrable skills.

One demographic shift over the past 10 years is the prevalence of software over hardware.
Hehe yeah all of a sudden every musician and the street corner acoustic guys in town became 'producers' overnight after a couple of good sales when the local GC opened up in Oxnard haha.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Make sense?
Slenderman might disagree.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

... and even more concerning in my opinion: Actually secret evil stuff done by bad people in collaboration behind closed doors is easily lumped in with the Elvis-Moon-Chemtrails nonsense by smug half-informed hipsters who feel it is cool and superior to scoff at everything.
Old 2nd August 2019
So, the forum has survived the viscious, horrific onslaught and lives on another day. Viva Gearslutz! Viva Gearslutz!
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Agreed. This isn’t a flame thread. It’s a parody of a flame thread. A small, but important distinction.
This isn’t a flame thread. It’s just a tribute.

Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianww View Post
This isn’t a flame thread. It’s just a tribute.

And a lament about the lack of time travel technology.
Old 3rd August 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSoundzz View Post
yeah whilst bombarding forums with dream products years before they even exist outside of his head .

What i love is how Behringer is a not for profit organisation and does this to save poor people , the church of behringer.

The industry i think the company needs to prove something to but never will as its built on quicksand and a ton of ego tripping and goading other companies in a pretty childish kind of way.

Why cant they act like other companies and just release product news when its close to release or same timeframe as others,

The endless spamming on this forum by behringer shills made this place look like a sellout

any negative post against the company gets moved , did he buy the forum ? looks like it.

weak , yeah free speech.....nah , not if it upsets the wrong people.

the endless speculation might serve to keep the company in some sycophantic limelight but it does slowly turn a forum like here into a one stop shop for behringer love ins and cult news , i would personally change the name of the forum to ulislutz or something .

all looks really needy to me and like this place sold its arse and i think we all know it has.
Old 3rd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf studios View Post
yeah whilst bombarding forums with dream products years before they even exist outside of his head .

What i love is how Behringer is a not for profit organisation and does this to save poor people , the church of behringer.

The industry i think the company needs to prove something to but never will as its built on quicksand and a ton of ego tripping and goading other companies in a pretty childish kind of way.

Why cant they act like other companies and just release product news when its close to release or same timeframe as others,

The endless spamming on this forum by behringer shills made this place look like a sellout

any negative post against the company gets moved , did he buy the forum ? looks like it.

weak , yeah free speech.....nah , not if it upsets the wrong people.

the endless speculation might serve to keep the company in some sycophantic limelight but it does slowly turn a forum like here into a one stop shop for behringer love ins and cult news , i would personally change the name of the forum to ulislutz or something .

all looks really needy to me and like this place sold its arse and i think we all know it has.
Yawn

This was boring and pointless two years ago.
Old 3rd August 2019
Lives for gear

Old 3rd August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf studios View Post

What i love is how Behringer is a not for profit organisation and does this to save poor people , the church of behringer…..so on and so on
You have to hand it to the man - he knows how to work a crowd. As they say; "A sucker is born every second". But sometimes, the crowd gets angry…. and then….
Old 3rd August 2019
Lives for gear

If there was a way to do it, Aphex, Mackie, and Ebtech would have banded together and did it already.

Actually that sounds like a good idea for a Philip K Dick novel. A man makes a living stealing other company's designs and profiting off their engineer's intelligence and creativity. His company becomes huge, built on the backs of the companies he stole from. So the companies join together to form a consortium to develop time travel technology to go back and try to prevent his birth so that their companies will save millions in legal fees.
Old 3rd August 2019
The thread is full of Mandella and, technically, should not exist in this reality.
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search