The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Should I go back in time to prevent Uli Behringer from destroying our forums?
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
The most important use of a time machine would be to go back again and again, correcting ones errors, until the perfect sequence of events transpires to ensure we have Fully Automate Luxury Gay Space Communism by now.
Anything else would be a waste.
Are you getting sick of San Francisco’s Fully Automate Shabby Gay Space Communism already?
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo668 View Post
There's nothing else for it, I'm going to have to go back in time myself to stop the OP from stopping Uli.
If I drop out of the air from a heap of lightning all naked and stuff......I can explain.
Jeeze, you wouldn't want to arrive anywhere near a school.....
Post apocalyptic future me keeps stopping me anyway, so don’t sweat it. I went to the future to see what his beef was and he told me to toss the milk out and not go back in time to stop Uli, because in the future he clones the entire Sequential line and it forces Dave Smith to stop using “Prophet” and “Pro” in his synth names and we all really appreciate it.

Last edited by zerocrossing; 2nd August 2019 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: In
Old 2nd August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
I think that Uli reads a thread like this, pets his Persian cat in his high tech volcanic lair and laughs maniacally as gold painted women dance around him.
Uli are you guys hiring???
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
Dibs on the rights to the band name!!
Apologies - I misspelled it.
Actually: Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Note the addition of the D turning automate into automated

Sadly using it for a band name is tragically behind the curve: it is a meme kinda thing that refers to the utopian future we deserve but will likely never have:

Fully automated - labor is a thing of the past
Luxury - No more grovelling mate!
Gay - Free of oppressive gender roles and expectations
Space - where else (floating feels nice)
Communism - share and share alike.

I really could not anything more:

Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Are you getting sick of San Francisco’s Fully Automate Shabby Gay Space Communism already?
It's hecka shabby dog - not even in space - I needs to bug out, like yesterday.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

What do we want? A Time Machine.

When do we want it? Irrelevant.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
It's hecka shabby dog - not even in space - I needs to bug out, like yesterday.
I know. Ever since they remodeled the Metreon it’s been a downward slide.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

I have a tardis I’ll let you borrow.

A-lonsy zero, we’re counting on you. I fully expect to login to gearslutz tomorrow and find a peaceful, respectful place filled with insightful threads and common decency.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Nut

Berhringer is not the problem. It is the change to GS as it became a less of a professional forum in recent years with the explosion of the EDM home studio. That's not a knock on anyone doing whatever they want to do with their hobbies, but Gearslutz was a much more professional oriented forum, and now it isn't. I rarely ever post. I came here years ago to learn from professionals. I didn't have anything to add, and I learned a great deal. It seems this is becoming a place people are coming to just hear themselves talk, and crowding out what made this site so valuable. Things change. I wish there was a paid version of this site which would hopefully bring back the more serious professional crowd participation.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear
If you go back an do anything, we would get a cheap clone of him instead! Don't do it!
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think that Uli reads a thread like this, pets his Persian cat in his high tech volcanic lair and laughs maniacally as gold painted women dance around him.
You don't know for certain that they're gold painted ...

... they could be platinum-painted
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Head

Do you think he has a factory somewhere that makes small models of factorys?
Maybe in Dettingen or something?
Old 2nd August 2019
Deleted 998abe3
If you go back in time and prevent him of doing that, the present you wouldn't need to go back which would result in a paradox and a total collapse of the universe... Ok, the last part is me trying to create a Netflix series based on your concerns.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Uli is using mimetic polyalloys. He can adapt to your attempts Zero.

Should I go back in time to prevent Uli Behringer from destroying our forums?-ms1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Should I go back in time to prevent Uli Behringer from destroying our forums?-ms1.jpg  
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Fora. Not "forums". At least that's how it is my neck of the multiverse.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
Fora. Not "forums". At least that's how it is my neck of the multiverse.
Subfora...
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
YES, and please stay there.
Old 2nd August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by LettingDaysGoBy View Post
Berhringer is not the problem. It is the change to GS as it became a less of a professional forum in recent years with the explosion of the EDM home studio. That's not a knock on anyone doing whatever they want to do with their hobbies, but Gearslutz was a much more professional oriented forum, and now it isn't. I rarely ever post. I came here years ago to learn from professionals. I didn't have anything to add, and I learned a great deal. It seems this is becoming a place people are coming to just hear themselves talk, and crowding out what made this site so valuable. Things change. I wish there was a paid version of this site which would hopefully bring back the more serious professional crowd participation.
Not sure EDM is responsible for the steadily-rising GS membership as much as the DAW; that is the tech that has increased the number of home-studio users - at the same time the professional industry has shrunk.
I prefer to see it as a renaissance of creative literacy; valuable transferrable skills.

One demographic shift over the past 10 years is the prevalence of software over hardware.

Re: Uri..whatever ones opinions there is no entitlement to be rude to forum members. As anyone who has tried to build gear will recognise, Uri's achievements have enabled access to high-quality sound and performance for many who previously could not afford it.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Stone View Post

Re: Uri..whatever ones opinions there is no entitlement to be rude to forum members. As anyone who has tried to build gear will recognise, Uri's achievements have enabled access to high-quality sound and performance for many who previously could not afford it.
Just got back from next week, where Uri Geller is suing Uri Behringer for nicking his name. Meanwhile, back in the studio, whilst holding the Boog between thumb and forefinger, it turns into a spoon which goes bendy. Further updates will be unavailable as I’m now working for the CIA - they have a glut of Boogs but are short of bendy spoons.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

That @ Uri BehGagarin guy has even been to space.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Head

Bloody hell his ears must be scorching by now.
Old 2nd August 2019
Ksp
Lives for gear

Death is inevitable , all things follow the cycle of birth life and death , even Suns and Planets , its the nature of time and space , even forums die , multi millionaires die , embrace the death , we each destroy ourselves.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LettingDaysGoBy View Post
You guys reeeeally missed it, you should’ve been here yesterday.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Maniac
Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, Which DAW you use is irrelevant, analog is not superior to digital, only different, we're all gonna die, go tweak some knobs?
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Stick that sh*tt* thread to the moan zone ASAP.

And the problem isn't Behringer, it's people who just can't help talk about Berhinger at every opportunity even if the topic has absolutely nothing to do with Berhinger, like that aborted thread about Tom Oberheim trolled by *d**ts and there memes. Don't blame Uli for these d*ch*b*gs.

Oberheim back in business again
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Maniac

Uli has not destroyed the forum. We are doing a fine job ourselves. He does not force us to do it. Will he ever be forgotten? Will he become immortal?
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

By the time the light of this thread reaches my home planet all the buttons on my RD-8 will have failed.
Old 2nd August 2019
Lives for gear

Another thread of manufacturer bashing surely helps to make this forum better and more professional again.

Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Maniac

Uli Trump won 2020. All your time machines belongs to US
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Addict

This is one dumb thread, and I am posting in it..
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search