The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
why are we so grumpy?
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Maniac

why are we so grumpy?

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be an inverse correlation between the amount of whining on this forum and the number of Demis Roussos videos being shared?

Perhaps it would be an idea to try and even things up a bit.

Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

I wish to never again torture my ears and sensitivities with another 30 seconds of that recording.
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterViewer View Post
I wish to never again torture my ears and sensitivities with another 30 seconds of that recording.
I suspect that you would also find that physical contact with holy water results in an unpleasant burning sensation
Old 6th July 2019
Gear Guru

The guy's admittedly an acquired taste, and nobody's gonna acquire it from that particular track. He was also an absolute powerhouse live.
Old 7th July 2019
Look at what is going on all over the world right now and anyone would be GRUMPY (and scared).
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Look at what is going on all over the world right now and anyone would be GRUMPY (and scared).
Old 7th July 2019
^^^ When they were alive and singing together the world was fighting WWII and we had just gotten over the first WW. Not a good time but they brought some joy into what was a terrifying time for many...however this is where things are today https://thebulletin.org/doomsday-clock/ and it is not a time, IMHO, to rejoice and be happy.

I guess we should all listen to this song on a daily basis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU - if we want to BE HAPPY! (Great performer BTW)
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
I guess we should all listen to this song on a daily basis. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU - if we want to BE HAPPY! (Great performer BTW)
Maybe Debbie Downer should take his own advice. :-)
Old 7th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
True, the prognosis isn't looking good for the human race.

But in this case, I was thinking more of examples such as of those who seem to take personal offense when manufacturers don't offer everything they want for a price they want. Subsequent ranting tends to make ME grumpy.

But luckily the D.R can cure what ails me!

Old 7th July 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
The guy's admittedly an acquired taste.
True, but then again people tend to have a smile on their face when they ask what the fork I'm listening to..
Old 8th July 2019
Lives for gear

I quite liked his earlier band Hermaphrodite's Child, or whatever they were called.
Old 9th July 2019
Gear Addict

A Hesheeit

g
Old 9th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
Bing Crosby AND the Andrew Sisters.

I remember that recording from my childhood...have it on cassette somewhere, along with many other Bing's songs on it.

Also somewhere I have Stompin' Tom Connors:

How about some Shirley Field (I have an autographed album of her):

Yes I'm opening myself to be insulted, but this is the music I grew up with, and brings back some fond memories.
Old 24th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentvangogo View Post
I quite liked his earlier band Hermaphrodite's Child, or whatever they were called.
Wait that dude was in Aphrodite's Child?? How did Vangelis and him go in two COMPLETELY different directions?
Old 25th July 2019
The Andrews weren't my favorite female harmony singers of the 1930s...

(That would be the Boswell Sisters, whose period of greatest success coincided with the rise of radio for home entertainment; their tempo-and-style-jumping, distinctly postmodern approach was perfectly suited to the radio; additionally, touring and live concerts were difficult for them because leader/arranger/lead singer, Connee, was semi-crippled. She could stand with braces on her legs but it was difficult; mostly she used a wheel chair. Because of the sensibilities of the era, as with FDR and his mostly hidden wheelchair, she kept it out of the public eye.)

But the Andrews sisters were extraordinarily skilled, their vocal charts were often astounding, their harmonies bordering on the supernatural, even in tricky bop-influenced lines. Their fame was well-earned.
Old 25th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefellh View Post
Bing Crosby AND the Andrew Sisters.

I remember that recording from my childhood...have it on cassette somewhere, along with many other Bing's songs on it.

Also somewhere I have Stompin' Tom Connors:

How about some Shirley Field (I have an autographed album of her):

Yes I'm opening myself to be insulted, but this is the music I grew up with, and brings back some fond memories.
Yes Stompin' Tom's hockey tune was popular, but I liked to think of this one as the quintessential Canadian hockey tune.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwypdpawmZ8

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search