The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
the worst support
Old 1st July 2019
Lives for gear

the worst support

I can´t believe that on top that Izotope software being not updated to 64 bits, their authorization system sucks. I have an ilok, i have all my licencses there, the only thing i should have to do is install my software and plug my ilok, why is it such a damned hassle ? I paid for my software and need to use it fast!! Have contacted support two times for two consecutive days and yet nothing from them!!
Old 1st July 2019
Gear Head

The larger the company, the worse the support. IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, Waves...yada yada yada,
they all have a percentage of customers whose systems among the myriads of system configurations,
won't work with their install managers, or some cruciall part of a given application.

Coding hours needed to fix such messes are guarded like Fort Knox,
because profits are shrinking amidst fierce competition. Smaller shops like U-he
don't use control freak installers, don't have forum backlogs of
angry customers, and still manage to stay productive, and cheerful.
Hope your problem get's fixed!
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guildorf View Post
The larger the company, the worse the support. IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, Waves...yada yada yada
Have you actually ever contacted Waves CS? I have and it’s always been excellent, fast and professional.
Old 2nd July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
Have you actually ever contacted Waves CS? I have and it’s always been excellent, fast and professional.
I have the same experience
Old 2nd July 2019
Gear Nut

I have several Izotope products and they're all 64-bit, at least according to system profiler.

I have them authorized to my computer, but if I open their Product Portal app, I immediately see links to authorize iLok. Did you try that?
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear
I have several izotope products. 64 bit (not that I give a flip). No ilok BS. Maybe I got a beta by accident but I'm not giving it back.
Old 2nd July 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Glad you've had good experiences.
Not being a waves customer, I've gone by what I read. Didn't ever get a waves demo to install, while IK Amplitube and BlueCat Axiom installed fine, so I'm using them happily.

In my experience, there is a difference between common installation support,
and bug-fixing support. Re-coding is expensive, but even an assistant fry-cook who knows the buzzwords and can follow a flow chart, can quickly handle common support issues, without costing a fortune.
Especially when the latest one has been dealt with a dozen times.

these types of comments are easy to find:

'I dont know how to state what I said in a more emphatic way, but you really really really need to comb through every possible folder and nuke EVERY Waves file you find before you can start relying on Waves Central.

Maybe we should figure out a sticky to guide folks in the right direction - this and similar waves related issues seem to crop up almost daily.'

Cheers
Old 2nd July 2019
Quote:
Glad you've had good experiences.
Not being a waves customer, I've gone by what I read. Didn't ever get a waves demo to install, while IK Amplitube and BlueCat Axiom installed fine, so I'm using them happily.

In my experience, there is a difference between common installation support,
and bug-fixing support. Re-coding is expensive, but even an assistant fry-cook who knows the buzzwords and can follow a flow chart, can quickly handle common support issues, without costing a fortune.
Especially when the latest one has been dealt with a dozen times.

these types of comments are easy to find:

'I dont know how to state what I said in a more emphatic way, but you really really really need to comb through every possible folder and nuke EVERY Waves file you find before you can start relying on Waves Central.

Maybe we should figure out a sticky to guide folks in the right direction - this and similar waves related issues seem to crop up almost daily.'

Cheers
That is a software programming issue rather than a support issue. Actually they have it on their support site to delete all Waves files when having issues with their application.
So, yes, problems, they need a smooth installer (and fix that AMD compatibility issue with Central updating), but their support is VERY solid IMO.
Old 2nd July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Not being a waves customer, I've gone by what I read.

Cheers
Another clueless opinion.
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

I moved all my Izotope products off of iLok to my local PC. Actually I have everything that I use except POD Farm 2 either uninstalled or moved off of iLok. POD Farm 2 is only iLok.

As far as Izotope support I've always had good and speedy responses from them. I've had Izotope since Ozone 5.
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

When I was using waves, I encountered some irritating authorization problems when I added a network card to my computer. Waves CS did get back to me in a day or so with instructions on how to address it.

I have had izotope in one form or another for many years, their products are 64 bit as of a few years ago, and there do appear to be some 32 bit ones installed as well, but cubase 9.5 will of course not use them. My authorization is not ilok, and I have never had reason to contact izotope support. I vaguely recall some of their newer products requiring ilok, but I do not have the latest generation.
Old 2nd July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansest View Post
I can´t believe that on top that Izotope software being not updated to 64 bits, their authorization system sucks. I have an ilok, i have all my licencses there, the only thing i should have to do is install my software and plug my ilok, why is it such a damned hassle ? I paid for my software and need to use it fast!! Have contacted support two times for two consecutive days and yet nothing from them!!
What exactly is your problem?
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can´t believe that on top that Izotope software being not updated to 64 bits..
Good not to believe it as their products have been 64 bit for some years now. I wonder how anyone could not be aware of this?
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
Good not to believe it as their products have been 64 bit for some years now. I wonder how anyone could not be aware of this?
hey Ponzi, i bought ozone 7 two years ago, and that music bundle is what i have, and while i know its two years old, all the other software i bought at the time was already 64 bit. If you would look at my studio, you would see why i dont really need to be upgrading to the latest software, as i work mainly with hardware. I guess i´ll consider now to pay for an upgrade to ozone 8 if at least izotope would gave me a good offer upgrade plan, which I've checked and its even better to wait for their black friday than to get a good deal on upgrades
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

i hope i answered your question
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
What exactly is your problem?
it´s ok now, thanks. It seems that the product portal assitant failed to authorize my already authorized products and started a fake trial mode, but it´s working fine now, not thanks to Izotope support
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
I did and it wasn't the best experience, my problem also has not been solved after many months of emailing.
Old 2nd July 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
The larger the company, the worse the support. IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, Waves...yada yada yada,
Ableton

Sometimes Ableton take a week plus to get back to me and then offer me the most obvious, unhelpful "have you tried turning it off and on again" type suggestions.

They're friendly and try to be helpful, but from personal experience they have a multi-tiered support system, and the guys that initially respond to support requests are basically beginner tier. Their beta forums are better, however

I can't tell you how gratifying it is when you need support from someone like Boz, Soundtoys, Dmitry Sches, Vengeance, etc. and you get a response within a few hours from someone who is obviously responsible for actually coding the plugins.
Old 2nd July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
hey Ponzi, i bought ozone 7 two years ago, and that music bundle is what i have, and while i know its two years old, all the other software i bought at the time was already 64 bit. If you would look at my studio, you would see why i dont really need to be upgrading to the latest software, as i work mainly with hardware. I guess i´ll consider now to pay for an upgrade to ozone 8 if at least izotope would gave me a good offer upgrade plan, which I've checked and its even better to wait for their black friday than to get a good deal on upgrades
I have the music bundle from a couple of years ago, and its 64 bit. I do not have the latest version. I think it has 32 bit versions of the plug ins as well.
Old 5th July 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbass View Post
Another clueless opinion.
I've found that reading is generally more informative than
just looking at the pictures.
Old 5th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
I've found that reading is generally more informative than
just looking at the pictures.
I have been "using" waves for 20 years.
Old 5th July 2019
Gear Head

I've been using other products for 20 years. Reading Waves related reviews, forum comments, advertisements, and company documentation, didn't lead me to buy Waves products. And for that, I am 'clueless'?

Waves are fortunate to have good customers like you to support them.
Old 6th July 2019
Lives for gear

Waves

Ah Waves support.

I had never bought a Waves plugin until last year. Could not get it to install no matter what I tried.

Finally called support and the young man their stayed with me for over an hour until the issue was resolved. Kuddos to Waves support that time.

Since then I upgraded my PC to a new and faster machine and again was having problems with Waves plugins being recognized.

I contacted support again and was basically brushed off (different support person).

Sent several email to support but never heard back.

Finally the person who mixes my material figured it out and all is well with no thanks to Waves support.

Seems to be hit and miss depending on who you get on the phone.

Just my .02cents.
Old 7th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
I have the music bundle from a couple of years ago, and its 64 bit. I do not have the latest version. I think it has 32 bit versions of the plug ins as well.
i don´t think i´m installing the worng version, i´m now usign the Product Portal, and after downloading the latest available software, (besides creating the authorization problem that made me write this post but now is solved) a legend that says, ¨this software is not optimized for this computer ¨ with a button that says: ¨learn more¨and when you click on it, it explains that it is 32 bit software.
Old 7th July 2019
I have been using Izotope products for years and their tech support is second to none.

I think a lot has to do with the way some clients approach the tech support people. I have a good friend who is an Apple Tech Phone Support person and some of the stories he tells would make a good horror film. People call up and before my friend has a chance to say hello and ask what the problem is the customer is already screaming at him and telling him to "fix the fucxxxx problem or get me a new machine". Not a great way to start off. He also has to deal with people who don't know simple computer terms like "what OS do you have" or "how much memory do you have installed". In one case the person could not figure out how to turn on the machine because the power button on the old machine was on the front and the new Mac did not have a button on the front. Every time we meet for lunch or dinner he has 10 new horror stories. In one case the client wanted my friend to tell him how to crack an expensive multimedia program and when my friend refused the person slammed the phone in his ear. YIKES!!!

I am sure all the people here are very courteous and friendly to the person who is trying to help them solve their problem but...not all people are.

FWIW
Old 8th July 2019
Lives for gear

well, i second your point, but it took 3 days for them to get iin contact with me, by that time, i had sorted the problem by my self. In my book, that is not second to none, and if i payed for something, it´s because its a tool i need to work, and i can´t wait three days to use it
Old 8th July 2019
Quote:
well, i second your point, but it took 3 days for them to get iin contact with me, by that time, i had sorted the problem by my self. In my book, that is not second to none, and if i payed for something, it´s because its a tool i need to work, and i can´t wait three days to use it
I don't know what was going on at Izotope at the time you had a problem with them. It could have been just after the release of a new upgrade or new piece of software. I know they can get very busy. One of my interns worked there for while and told me about how they got super busy at those times.

I guess we all want instant fixes and get upset if those fixes are not forthcoming especially if we have paid some good money for a piece of software that is not not working and earning us back some money.

Sorry you had the problem. Don't give up on the company.

FWIW
Old 8th July 2019
Lives for gear

If I got paid every time someone says "XXX (insert software company name) has the worst support", it would be the best passive income ever !
Old 8th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillCrazy View Post
Ah Waves support....Seems to be hit and miss depending on who you get on the phone.
Just my .02cents.
Maybe their support budget shrunk when they started cutting their prices to 1/10 of retail during their constant 'sales'.
Old 8th July 2019
Lives for gear

and even tough my authorization issue is resolved, now, i still wonder why, even using the portal app, that obviously downloads the latest Izotope version of my products, when installing, the popup ¨this software is not optimized for your computer¨(meaning it´s 32 bit) still appears
Closed
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear