The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
the worst support
Old 8th July 2019
Lives for gear

I def sympathize with having an issue and not being able to work

My experience with them though is different and very recent, like last week. I lost all my presets on ozone 5 and couldn't find anything on their site and emailed support, it did take a day to hear back but someone sent me a direct link and instructions how to re do them and it worked

then my portal was old and when i clicked update it would just sit and spin and never do so, so i emailed them that as well and got an answer the next day with another link to download the latest version and that was fixed as well.

i think if you needed them asap that would be an issue but the email or contact us on the site usually had a turn around of a day or 2 for me. i am not sure if their is a number to call that might help you faster?

anyway, just my recent experience with them. glad you got it fixed
Old 8th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansest View Post
and even tough my authorization issue is resolved, now, i still wonder why, even using the portal app, that obviously downloads the latest Izotope version of my products, when installing, the popup ¨this software is not optimized for your computer¨(meaning it´s 32 bit) still appears
I guess you're on OSX, High-Sierra or Mojave ? You'll get that message with a lot of apps that aren't from the App Store and not "100%" optimized. Doesn't mean they don't work.

I don't know whats going on behind the Izotope installer, but I guess it installs both the 32 and 64 bit versions and that's the reason why you get the warning. But I can tell you that latest Izotope plugins are definitely 64 bits as they run fine inside Cubase Pro 10 (that doesn't allows 32 bit apps anymore).
Old 8th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran_ks View Post
I guess you're on OSX, High-Sierra or Mojave ? You'll get that message with a lot of apps that aren't from the App Store and not "100%" optimized. Doesn't mean they don't work.

I don't know whats going on behind the Izotope installer, but I guess it installs both the 32 and 64 bit versions and that's the reason why you get the warning. But I can tell you that latest Izotope plugins are definitely 64 bits as they run fine inside Cubase Pro 10 (that doesn't allows 32 bit apps anymore).
thanks for the info! yes, i´m in High Sierra, but i have A LOT of plugins from many different companies, and many bought even before this Izotope bundle, and none of them give me this message. Izotope is the only one that does
Old 9th July 2019
Slightly off topic but somewhat the same. I have Frontier for my telephone company. They took over this area from GTE about 3 or 4 years ago. I rarely have problems with them. Lately, within the last three months, I have had problems dialing three land line phone numbers all located about 12 miles from here. I have Frontier's all access plan which means I can basically dial anywhere in the USA with no long distance charges. Before that plan if I wanted to dial one of these numbers I had to pay long distance rates and in one case the "rate" was about .$90 a minute

So yesterday I decided to call Frontier and get the problem solved. BIG MISTAKE time wise. The problem is if I dial one of these numbers I get the message "please dial a "1" and then the area code. So I tried doing that and got the same exact message. I tried every way possible but always got the same message. I called the operator first to see if they could dial the number and after some time and an appology I finally got through. Then I tried to call tech support. After answering about 6 questions from an automated system they told me they were running a test program and I should call them from another phone number (which I do not have). I hung up and then called them back from my phone number and answered the same 6 questions only I changed my answer to one of them and got put on hold. After exactly 7 minutes I got disconnected. It tried it again and after 7 minutes I got disconnected. So I called customer service and after a short wait was put into a round of questions and at the end was told that "we are experiencing a large call volume and you may have to wait longer to speak to a representative". When I finally got through I was told that I should have called tech support and before I could say anything more was transferred to "tech support" which led me to the same place I had been 10 minutes earlier.

After calling a half dozen other support numbers I finally was talking to Robin who was fantastic and tenacious and got the problem documented and I should be good to go today. It just takes the right person with the right skill set and someone who will listen. Total time wasted was over 2.5 hours. It will be interesting to see if they indeed get the problem solved. The first person I talked to was so anxious to get to the next caller she literally did not provide any tech support but shunted me off to another number without finding out what the problem was.

YEA for ROBIN and NAY for Frontier.

FWIW
Old 5th August 2020
Here for the gear

Horrible support. Expensive plugins. Their installers are a total disgrace.
Old 5th August 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by d jackson View Post
Horrible support. Expensive plugins. Their installers are a total disgrace.
Great plugins and fantastic support is all I have to add. Not sure what problems you are having but their tech support is the best. Right now they are suffering from the COVID-19 pandemic just like everyone else. Suggest being patient and to keep trying.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

i love the sound. The authorization process fails a lot. I have my ilok with me at all times, and every now and then i have to find all my serials and reauthorize for no reason, just that they go kookoo
Old 5th August 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas W. Bethe View Post
Great plugins and fantastic support is all I have to add. Not sure what problems you are having but their tech support is the best. Right now they are suffering from the COVID-19 pandemic just like everyone else. Suggest being patient and to keep trying.
Their tech support is the best? That's like saying Trump has done a great job with COVID-19. Their support is not just bad, it's non-existent. I'm in no mood to be patient, having spent thousands and now having nothing working.
Old 5th August 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansMues View Post
i love the sound. The authorization process fails a lot. I have my ilok with me at all times, and every now and then i have to find all my serials and reauthorize for no reason, just that they go kookoo
Yeah. They go kookoo. That SHOULD be unacceptable to them. If they cared at all about their customers, it WOULD be unacceptable. Therefore, since they don't have a problem with installers that straight-up don't work for many and authorization that goes kookoo, they must not care about their customers, once they have their money.
Old 5th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah. They go kookoo. That SHOULD be unacceptable to them. If they cared at all about their customers, it WOULD be unacceptable. Therefore, since they don't have a problem with installers that straight-up don't work for many and authorization that goes kookoo, they must not care about their customers, once they have their money.
Their online installer works perfectly well. Just use it instead of the ilok.

If your ilok has issues, this is not Izotope problem but Pace problem. That's their support you need to reach.
Old 6th August 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Their online installer works perfectly well. Just use it instead of the ilok.

If your ilok has issues, this is not Izotope problem but Pace problem. That's their support you need to reach.
Jesus... It's not the ilok. The ilok is functioning flawlessly for the hundreds of other plugins that are authorized on it. And when I had a problem with a different company (Eventide) and their ilok authorization, somebody got back to me in a couple of days with a solution. With Izotope? Zero response apart from an automated email saying someone would get back to me, which was a lie. And no, their online installer does not work perfectly well. Most definitely not.
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Jesus... It's not the ilok. The ilok is functioning flawlessly for the hundreds of other plugins that are authorized on it. And when I had a problem with a different company (Eventide) and their ilok authorization, somebody got back to me in a couple of days with a solution. With Izotope? Zero response apart from an automated email saying someone would get back to me, which was a lie. And no, their online installer does not work perfectly well. Most definitely not.
I've installed and authorized Izotope plugins on several computers without a single issue so yes, it works ! The issue comes obviously from your system.

If people took the time to explain what doesn't work and ask for help rather than ranting about "iT's ThE WOrsT SupOrt", they would probably get useful answers.

Also, did you check your spam folder ?
Old 6th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
..."iT's ThE WOrsT SupOrt"...
Do I recall you from an internet forum a long time ago in a galaxy far away? The use of upper and lower case reminds me of someone.

I personally have had no issues with izotope, or perhaps one that was handled by their tech support--can't recall the details. I have had the product suite on a single computer using non-ilok and simply upgraded it over the years with new hardware or re-install of windows. I seem to recall this is one where you need to surrender or uninstall the license from the computer before you do an upgrade. Never had any issues that were not resolved quickly.
Old 7th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
Do I recall you from an internet forum a long time ago in a galaxy far away? The use of upper and lower case reminds me of someone.

I personally have had no issues with izotope, or perhaps one that was handled by their tech support--can't recall the details. I have had the product suite on a single computer using non-ilok and simply upgraded it over the years with new hardware or re-install of windows. I seem to recall this is one where you need to surrender or uninstall the license from the computer before you do an upgrade. Never had any issues that were not resolved quickly.
I don't think. Well, a lot of people do that nowadays. I'm guilty of following the trend.

I cant remember how the older authorization process worked but with new one you don't need to uninstall licenses. As long as you log in with your Izotope Account, you should be able to install on a upgraded / new computer anytime.
Closed
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear