The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Accidentally dosed by LSD while repairing a Buchla
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

GG Park is a nightmare now - no way after dark. The trolls are evil F-ers who are like violent nihilist dirt hippies.

also: Taking acid accidentally? Weak. 21st century losers. Take acid intentionally and work on the peace love and smash the state manifesto.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post

Control your environment. It might sound great to go to Golden Gate Park tripping, but that run in with the crazy homeless dude or cop is going to sour things quickly. On acid, your living room is just as good!

Was once walking through the West Vilage in NYC with a bunch of friends when this guy came up to me and asked me if I knew where the Art Bar was. I thought I was hallucinating because his face looked like a lion, but then I looked at my friends and they all looked like they couldn't believe what they were seeing. We had one sober member in the group who pointed out that his face really was painted like a lion. Nearly did my head in for a minute though.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
While waiting to effects to take place, put on Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club.
I bet you old pros can time it so things kick in at that point in "A Day In The Life".

OTOH, I sometimes get lost counting out 8 bars.
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy presents View Post
True, and false. One of my worst experiences was dosing up on cactus and heading inside to have a cup of tea while i waited for it to come on, and realising i hadn't done the housework. Very bad. Very, very bad.
Oh yeah, make sure you clean house first.
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick fall View Post
Was once walking through the West Vilage in NYC with a bunch of friends when this guy came up to me and asked me if I knew where the Art Bar was. I thought I was hallucinating because his face looked like a lion, but then I looked at my friends and they all looked like they couldn't believe what they were seeing. We had one sober member in the group who pointed out that his face really was painted like a lion. Nearly did my head in for a minute though.

I tripped with my girlfriend and her sister (the plan was to have a friend take us to see Toy Story, as it came out that day) and her sister was pretty hippyish, so when she was wearing pants with a Celtic knot pattern on it, it seemed normal. I did comment on it, though. “Those pants are really fun to look at. Great pattern.” My girlfriend agreed.

Later when we were coming down, we found out she’d just been wearing plain denim jeans. That was the heaviest I’d ever tripped in my entire life. I put on Bill Laswell’s Cymatic Scan and I began to go somewhere... very far. I remember pulling myself out saying, “Oh man, I need a lot more reality right now.”

(We never made it to Toy Story)
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Guru

this thread is now reminding me of the reefer madness ads.
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ocelot View Post
I bet you old pros can time it so things kick in at that point in "A Day In The Life".

OTOH, I sometimes get lost counting out 8 bars.
I do remember on one of those rainy/sunny SF days we threw that on and during A Day, the weather started mirroring the song. (Or so we thought) Either way, good times.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

I tripped with my girlfriend and her sister (the plan was to have a friend take us to see Toy Story, as it came out that day) and her sister was pretty hippyish, so when she was wearing pants with a Celtic knot pattern on it, it seemed normal. I did comment on it, though. “Those pants are really fun to look at. Great pattern.” My girlfriend agreed.

Later when we were coming down, we found out she’d just been wearing plain denim jeans. That was the heaviest I’d ever tripped in my entire life. I put on Bill Laswell’s Cymatic Scan and I began to go somewhere... very far. I remember pulling myself out saying, “Oh man, I need a lot more reality right now.”

(We never made it to Toy Story)
I saw the Nightmare Before Christmas in a similar state and it was wonderful. I'll have to check out that Laswell track. Oddly enough I've never listened to him, but I did do an album at Martin Bisi's studio and he did a bunch of stuff with him.
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
I saw the Nightmare Before Christmas in a similar state and it was wonderful. I'll have to check out that Laswell track. Oddly enough I've never listened to him, but I did do an album at Martin Bisi's studio and he did a bunch of stuff with him.
I discovered Laswell in the 90s via his Praxis project, but almost anything on his label is pretty good. Cymatic Scan is pure ambient. Very dark and textured. I love it.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I discovered Laswell in the 90s via his Praxis project, but almost anything on his label is pretty good. Cymatic Scan is pure ambient. Very dark and textured. I love it.
Cool, I'll check it out.
Old 26th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddoggie View Post
GG Park is a nightmare now - no way after dark. The trolls are evil F-ers who are like violent nihilist dirt hippies.

also: Taking acid accidentally? Weak. 21st century losers. Take acid intentionally and work on the peace love and smash the state manifesto.
the young one, rick

you don't have to take acid intentionally to work on peace & smash the state but it helps - now and then, just intentionally work on peace & smash the state (the rest of the time).

Last edited by tiger001; 26th May 2019 at 09:37 AM..
Old 26th May 2019
During 'the revolution' I played techno on clear vinyl with microdots set inside...that showed them.
Old 26th May 2019
Deleted 48a4a93
Quote:
Originally Posted by datpersian View Post
Last time I dosed was at this show...

ah, you've been that guy at 2:01 in that yellow outfit!
Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

Ishq is my go-to artist for these sort of nights.

Anything with beats or harsh sounds prevents deep relaxation, and without deep relaxation it is easy to lose the plot and start getting anxious (aka freaking out), or just get distracted and prevent yourself from going deeper. Doing it for partying/ at gigs etc can be fun with small doses but is missing the point of these things IMO.

The ultimate soundtrack for serious immersions is just the sound of a river or the sea...
Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
it breaks down very very quickly, it's an extremely volatile and fragile chemical once exposed to air, blotters go bad by the day, liquid will keep a while if cooled in the dark, anything else goes bad pretty quickly.
Cystalline salts of LSD are fairly stable over time and the Buchla 100 was stored in a dark and cool place. Typical LSD concentrations in the mid-late 60s were at least 2-3x stronger than any subsequent decade as well (most people have only encountered weak paper blotters of the stuff). Accidental administration via skin route is well documented (and was how it's psychoactive properties were discovered in the first place).

tl;dr It's entirely possible. It doesn't entirely discount that someone may be using the "legend of the red module" to give themselves 15 minutes of fame. If they are, they did their homework for the dose/route/timing and the guy isn't a small dude (at least from the video I saw) and was tripping for 9 hours after a 45 minute metabolic lag. That's a lot of math for a 'couple of hippies', as they say.

FWIW, I have a BSc in Biochemistry (with some dabbling in natural products chemistry) and an MSc in Chemistry. I've synthesized psilocybin the hard way from tryptophan back in the days when you could buy it in bulk at the health food store and I still have my books on the synthesis of various amphetamines. I traded in my chemistry badges for radiation things years ago but you never stop being interested in your first loves.

(we can't all be pro musicians without regular day jobs here, can we?)
Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

Drugs are great.

Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
Swans and acid would put me on a permanent bad trip. Michael Gira is scary!
Depends on which phase of Swans. The Whitelight era is quite transcendental, (acid or not).

I’ve been microdosing at concerts lately, and it’s been working out swimmingly; just adding enough pep to make you wanna jig it out, without all the hellish psychological introspection afterwards.
Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

Old 26th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
Drugs are great.

Old 27th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by datpersian View Post
Last time I dosed was at this show...

I am genuinely surprised there is such an audience for this.
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Oh man, that's great. The sort of stuff that only happens when you're tripping! Haven't touched that sort of stuff for like 20 years, but I used to indulge, over indulge actually, a lot. heh.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by smutek View Post
Oh man, that's great. The sort of stuff that only happens when you're tripping! Haven't touched that sort of stuff for like 20 years, but I used to indulge, over indulge actually, a lot. heh.

It's been even longer for me and I wouldn't want to do it again, but it did make for some memorable times!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search