The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Waves Central in 2019...Still Garbage
Old 23rd April 2019
Waves Central in 2019...Still Garbage

Nearly every other plugin company has installers that give you the choice to install the specific platform and bit (32 or 64) of your choice.

But not Waves. Oh noooo no no. They force you to install 32-bit versions of not just VST 2.4 but AAX and VST 3 as well. I don't even have Pro Tools installed on the machine I'm typing this on yet there are over 200 MB of WaveShell plugins eating up space because of this.

Let's not forget about that lovely "would you like to update" prompt that I would say virtually all of us have accidentally clicked not realizing it would make the PLUGINS WE PAID GOOD MONEY FOR unusable until you reinstalled the previous version with a legacy installer!

Oh and that Version 9 legacy installer? It's a tiny 3.3 GB zip file. So, if your internet connection isn't too good, BEST OF LUCK PAL!!!

Want to uninstall a specific plugin? Sorry, 'ya can't do that either! You have to uninstall all of your Waves plugins and then reinstall the ones that you want to keep.

Last edited by doom64; 23rd April 2019 at 11:08 PM..
Old 11th May 2019
I’m dealing with the same crap now. It’s like why even BOTHER ? It’s not even worth it and I have ALOT of v9 versions. F that.

They need to take notes from ACUSTICA AUDIO AQO. At least THAT software lets you download ver 1,2,3 and/or 4 and they ALL can co exist.
Old 12th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post

Let's not forget about that lovely "would you like to update" prompt that I would say virtually all of us have accidentally clicked not realizing it would make the PLUGINS WE PAID GOOD MONEY FOR unusable until you reinstalled the previous version with a legacy installer!

Did this once just before a mix session. Ugh. Took me two days to get all my favorite waves plugins back with their support team helping me out. I was so annoyed I told myself I would no longer buy any waves plugs. I always look for alternatives now when there is a waves plugin I’m curious about.
Old 5th November 2019
Here for the gear

I hate Waves!!! Decent plugins but their copyright-protection policy makes me think I would never want to hang out with them. No chill. Just trying to take our money. Plenty of companies out there making better stuff, and they don't make your life miserable when you want to switch computers etc...
Old 26th July 2020
grx
Here for the gear

WAVES sucking has continued well into 2020. I had to register here just for the opportunity bi*ch about them.
I had a couple WAVES plug-ins I purchased installed. I used them a few times and then just Out Of the Blue later I get a message prompt on DAW start up that the
products are no longer registered and I need to put the license code in.

Trying to figure out what has happened I go into that junky and confusing WAVES Central.

My plug-ins are listed there as installed but not activated.

Clicking on the plug-ins moves them over to Selected Products will be installed on this machine. ?? It says they are already installed.
When you then click on the big blue install button, nothing happens.

I then decide to just totally uninstall them and start from scratch. Following their goofy directions for "settings" uninstall gets me nowhere. The product isn't even listed there. It also says the license is by default tied to the hard drive. I click to move the license to their cloud since I'm rebuilding this machine. Once selected, and clicked nothing happens.

In short, they give directions and absolutely nothing works. The entire WAVES Central basically does nothing.

Well, I'm done. I have spent a f*cking hour on this and it is bar-none the Biggest Waste Of Time on a license manager I have ever seen.
If you want to protect your software with a manager like this, YOU BETTER F*CKING MAKE SURE IT WORKS.

F WAVES. These are the first AND last plug-ins from them I will ever buy. Waves owes me $50 in labor. .
Don't buy plug-ins from WAVES, this is the only company I have had any issue with at all. They're done.
Closed
Topic:
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear