The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Attention Headphone Makers, Stop making headphones with 3.5mm plugs dammit!
Old 10th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Attention Headphone Makers, Stop making headphones with 3.5mm plugs dammit!

3.5mm connectors suck, I don't like them to begin with. Every issue I had with headphones was with this connector and I end up changing it to a 1/4 in connector.

Sorry, the 1/4" connector is the studio standard. If you want us to consider using them in the studio, you should make them 1/4 in only BECAUSE I'M NOT BUYING ANY MORE HEADPHONES THAT HAVE A 3.5MM PLUG ON THEM!!!!

ETHER MAKE THEM STANDARD, WITH THE 1/4" CONNECTOR, OR STOP TRYING TO SELL US THIS JUNK!!!

....rant over
Old 10th April 2019
Gear Nut

You know what they say about guys with big plugs...
Old 11th April 2019
Lives for gear

I'd like that as well, but it does make more sense to go with 1/8" plugs than 1/4" plugs because adapters from 1/8" to 1/4" can be made to be much less bulky than going the other way around. I've had those little screw-on adapters on my studio headphones for years with no issues, but plugging a big 1/8" to 1/4" adapter into a phone is a pain...
Old 11th April 2019
I use the miniplug on my iPad. Works great for that.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiospecific View Post
3.5mm connectors suck, I don't like them to begin with. Every issue I had with headphones was with this connector and I end up changing it to a 1/4 in connector.

Sorry, the 1/4" connector is the studio standard. If you want us to consider using them in the studio, you should make them 1/4 in only BECAUSE I'M NOT BUYING ANY MORE HEADPHONES THAT HAVE A 3.5MM PLUG ON THEM!!!!

ETHER MAKE THEM STANDARD, WITH THE 1/4" CONNECTOR, OR STOP TRYING TO SELL US THIS JUNK!!!

....rant over
Amen, brother audiospecific! AMEN!!!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
/signed

I have more trouble with headphone connectors and cables than with any other gear in the studio.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

My ex-landlord rents his room out for VO and improv classes, meaning his room is overrun with penniless young actors several nights a week. They only steal the headphones with miniplugs.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
My ex-landlord rents his room out for VO and improv classes, meaning his room is overrun with penniless young actors several nights a week. They only steal the headphones with miniplugs.
Story editors work in the bullpen outside my mix bay, they come in my room, steal my headphones, but leave the 1/4" adapter, cause the iMacs well you know use 1/8" plugs. Then I need to chase the phones down, only to find them ruined.

I now CRAZY Glue the adapters!!
No one takes them anymore!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search